SynthMaster One v1.1.6 released, iOS version getting closer!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster One

braj wrote:I think there is a big issue with pushing builds out through the plugin that haven't been properly tested yet :( we at KVR can talk about it and work it out, we may have more tolerance for bugs, but I'm sure there are a lot of people out there getting negative opinions of this synth because the beta essentially is being done in production. There has to be a buffer.
Agreed 100%......

And the re-do with (different build numbers) but same version number doesnt' help at all either.
rsp
sound sculptist

Nice one..the revision fixed the problem with the user waveform area..looking as it should at first glance..:)

zvenx wrote: I use both and I have the same action on both.
OSX allows you to reverse, I am not sure Windows OS allows you too.
On Mac (unless you have a mac with a trackpad like a macbook pro) you have to attach an apple mouse to get the option to reverse it......which i do on all macs, reverse it and then unplug the mac mouse.
https://www.tekrevue.com/tip/reverse-sc ... tion-os-x/

rsp
I added a global option for "Is mouse wheel reversed?" (Revision 5602, it's uploaded on the server now)
I also fixed the listbox mouse wheel scroll, it should behave correctly now!
mousewheel.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

Ignore please
rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

Bulent Bulent Bulent :-).
now it is for me half fixed.

I am accustomed with every plugin I have tried or software,that scrolling the mouse wheel down,scrolls towards the bottom of the page (which yours now does), but scrolling up increases the values on knobs etc, which yours doesn't do now. So I then said, reverse mouse wheel using your option, now that works but the list patches scrolling now goes the wrong way.

I think it would be easier to have both do like they do on windows that is mouse wheel up scrolls up (like upwards towards the top of the preset list) and increases parameter values... and if the user wants the opposite like how your mac is set up (that is upwards to you can use the new option.

rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

Ignore please.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:Bulent Bulent Bulent :-).

I think it would be easier to have both do like they do on windows that is mouse wheel up scrolls up (like upwards towards the top of the preset list) and increases parameter values... and if the user wants the opposite like how your mac is set up (that is upwards to you can use the new option.

rsp
I tested with my Microsoft mouse on MacOS, and with the default "not reversed" setting the knobs/sliders were behaving correctly, just like they do on Windows. I guess Apple's mouse might be behaving in opposite direction (that's why I added this last minute option)

As for listboxes, MacOS and Windows have OPPOSITE behavior with mouse wheel scrolling. So there is no standard! I might end up using the MacOS behavior on MacOS, and Windows behavior on Windows.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:
zvenx wrote:Bulent Bulent Bulent :-).

rsp
I tested with my Microsoft mouse on MacOS, and with the default "not reversed" setting the knobs/sliders were behaving correctly, just like they do on Windows. I guess Apple's mouse might be behaving in opposite direction (that's why I added this last minute option)

As for listboxes, MacOS and Windows have OPPOSITE behavior with mouse wheel scrolling. So there is no standard! I might end up using the MacOS behavior on MacOS, and Windows behavior on Windows.
Like I said I am not using an apple mouse. I am also using a microsoft mouse. (for completeness, the apple mouse doesn't behave differently, same direction, same action as the microsoft mouse)
I think the two fixes you did negated each other....
I just tested it with ten other plugins.....and they all behave the same way..... mouse wheel up increases parameter value and scrolls towards A rather than Z.
Anyway. Your call.

rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: I just tested it with ten other plugins.....and they all behave the same way..... mouse wheel up increases parameter value and scrolls towards A rather than Z.
Anyway. You call.

rsp
For knobs/sliders, yes mouse wheel up increases parameter value (default behavior), at least my microsoft mouse worked that way on OSX.
Works at KV331 Audio

Do you have any other plugins from other developers that you can try? try maybe three of them and see if they all behave similarly with the mouse wheel and if your conforms to those, please. If you are interested.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:Do you have any other plugins from other developers that you can try? try maybe three of them and see if they all behave similarly with the mouse wheel and if your conforms to those, please. If you are interested.
rsp
I tried Repro 5 and Sylenth, they had opposite behavior.

My common sense tells me that if I move the scroll wheel up, I am increasing a parameter's value.

Anyhow, I added an option to reverse the mouse wheel direction so that's a workaround for folks who have trouble with the mouses, oops mice :)

For listbox behavior, I don't know :? my common sense again tells me that my software should behave like the browsers on each platform does. (try using scroll wheel on this page on Windows and then on MacOSX, you'll get opposite behavior)
Last edited by kv331 on Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:
zvenx wrote:Do you have any other plugins from other developers that you can try? try maybe three of them and see if they all behave similarly with the mouse wheel and if your conforms to those, please. If you are interested.
rsp
I tried Repro 5 and Sylenth, they had opposite behavior.

My common sense tells me that if I move the scroll wheel up, I am increasing a parameter's value.

Anyhow, I added an option to reverse the mouse wheel direction so that's a workaround for folks who have trouble with the mouses, oops mice :)

For listbox behavior, I don't know :?
cause your mouse is configured 'unorthodoxly'....but bear in mind that repro and sylenth behaviour is what a lot of us, if not most of us are accustomed to.
That's our muscle memory.

How did repro and sylenth listbox behaviour behave?
Thats what many if not most of us are accustomed to.
thanks
rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: cause your mouse is configured 'incorrectly'....
According to whom?
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:
zvenx wrote: cause your mouse is configured 'incorrectly'....
According to whom?
Apple/Mac used the other way till 10.7 when they introduced the iphone and trackbar etc, the assumption they made was that people who used those devices would like the 'new'/'natural' way.......Many older mac users and also dual pc users preferred the old way.

once again, your call.
when myself and other mac users complain however don't be surprised.

Unless of course you think so many other developers are wrong and you are the only one that has it right.
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Instruments”