Air Music Tech Vacuum Pro Synthesizer - free with Computer Music Magazine January 2018 Issue

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vacuum Pro

Hmm, it would have cost me $15 (maybe $5 since its new) more to get it that way :D

pekbro wrote:Hmm, it would have cost me $15 more to get it that way :D
You should be able to get it with the online version for about $5 or so. Of course, if you got it for a buck that's more, but, you had to spend a PB token for it. Those tokens are useful for better discounts on stuff that isn't usually free. So, this would probably be a better way to go.

Of course, none of this is relevant to me because I have the AIR bundle and that has enough authorizations that I don't need another copy.

AIR won't have much to sell at this rate. I was playing with it today and meh, I have a hard time looking at that interface.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote:AIR won't have much to sell at this rate. I was playing with it today and meh, I have a hard time looking at that interface.
Right, but, don't sell it short. It is really interesting for certain kinds of sounds if you can get past its quirkiness.

ghettosynth wrote:
braj wrote:AIR won't have much to sell at this rate. I was playing with it today and meh, I have a hard time looking at that interface.
Right, but, don't sell it short. It is really interesting for certain kinds of sounds if you can get past its quirkiness.
Yeah, it's just hard on my old eyes. Maybe I can hack the skin. It isn't terribly complex, it is all the saturation bits that make it interesting. What was that other synth years ago, I forget, with Russian lettering?
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
Yeah, it's just hard on my old eyes. Maybe I can hack the skin. It isn't terribly complex, it is all the saturation bits that make it interesting. What was that other synth years ago, I forget, with Russian lettering?
olga maybe

i think it looks good personally

Yes, Olga!

ghettosynth wrote:
You should be able to get it with the online version for about $5 or so. Of course, if you got it for a buck that's more, but, you had to spend a PB token for it. Those tokens are useful for better discounts on stuff that isn't usually free. So, this would probably be a better way to go.

Of course, none of this is relevant to me because I have the AIR bundle and that has enough authorizations that I don't need another copy.
Thats the first time I've ever used a Token other than converting it to virtual cash. So I probably lost about 27 cents or so.

I think it has some great sounds! :tu:

But as with all AIR synths, I wish they would release them with scalable UIs. But for the price, I can't complain!!! :D
Windows 10 and too many plugins

ghettosynth wrote:

When was vacuum pro $1? I only saw hybrid 3 for that price.

pekbro wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:

Thats the first time I've ever used a Token other than converting it to virtual cash. So I probably lost about 27 cents or so.
Yes, if you're not using the tokens then why not. But, they had a 70% off coupon for several EzKeys that also came with an expansion. Even though that price happens regularly enough, their choices were much more flexible than what I've seen before.

Local Man wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:

Black Friday, with a PB token.

ghettosynth wrote:
Local Man wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:

Black Friday, with a PB token.
Interesting, I didn't see that advertised. Thanks.

Is this thing inspired by any actual Russian synth?

With my glasses on it looks better. The most interesting thing beyond all the saturation everywhere is the dual HPF/LPF filters and adjustable slope for both. I honestly am turned off by most of the presets I've tried though. Starting from init is much more enjoyable.

Return to “Instruments”