Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
z.prime
KVRAF

1628 posts since 28 Sep, 2011

Postby z.prime; Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:27 am Re: One Synth Challenge #106: FB-3100/3200/3300 by Full Bucket Music

Full Bucket wrote:Did you try to use one of the Voltage Processors to scale it?

Maybe you could provide a concrete example how to set it up? :-D
Taron
KVRAF

2041 posts since 17 Apr, 2010, from Croatia

Postby Taron; Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:33 am Re: One Synth Challenge #106: FB-3100/3200/3300 by Full Bucket Music

Oh jeez, sorry, but you'd have to help me out there!? How would I go about that?
I tried, but...skimming the manual isn't easily fruitful, though, I'll try reading more, too. I'd still be thrilled, if you could give me a hint?! :pray:
Taron
KVRAF

Postby Taron; Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:36 am Re: One Synth Challenge #106: FB-3100/3200/3300 by Full Bucket Music

AAH, sorry, I see how, now!
Patch Bay:
- Key in VP1
- VP1 in MG 1
Then the LIMITER A can be used to scale!
Taron
KVRAF

Postby Taron; Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:41 am Re: One Synth Challenge #106: FB-3100/3200/3300 by Full Bucket Music

Ok, I can't get anywhere with it. :oops:
Have you ever tried that? Also...not sure how it could magically transform a linear gradient to a logarithmic one?! But there, too, I feel like I may be missing something or am being stupid. :shrug:
ontrackp
KVRian

550 posts since 13 Jan, 2013, from United States

Postby ontrackp; Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:52 am Re: One Synth Challenge #106: FB-3100/3200/3300 by Full Bucket Music

jasinski wrote:
Full Bucket wrote:Folks,

I have updated the FB-3X00 series to versions 1.1.4, 1.0.1, and 1.0.3 respectively:
  • fixed parameter reset on Start/Stop (AU version)
  • fixed Renoise crashes
  • reorganized Options menu
Get it here: https://www.fullbucket.de/music/vst.html

Thanks for hunting the bugs and your feedback! :tu:

Cheers, Björn

WOW! That's very awesome. You are the man Björn.

+1 Thanks!
copperperson
KVRer

3 posts since 3 Jan, 2017

Postby copperperson; Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:07 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #106: FB-3100/3200/3300 by Full Bucket Music

Hey everyone! First time submitting anything to this sort of contest.

Made in Logic Pro X using FB-3100, 3200, and 3300.

* Several instances of MDA's Dynamics (simple but it does its job)
* Klevgrand's DC1A2 for more compression
* Wave Arts' Tube Saturation Vintage for adding some high-end (not for actual saturation)
* W1 Limiter
* Logic's Space Designers and EQs
* ADT by vacuumsound
* apQualizer (original version was free and I still have it!)
* Tube Saturation Vintage, Molot, MDA Dynamics, apQualizer, and Voxengo's Tube Amp on master bus.

That's about it. Enjoy :)

https://soundcloud.com/thrillmemusic/fu ... t-onesynth
z.prime
KVRAF

Postby z.prime; Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:19 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #106: FB-3100/3200/3300 by Full Bucket Music

copperperson wrote:* Klevgrand's DC1A2 for more compression
* Wave Arts' Tube Saturation Vintage for adding some high-end (not for actual saturation)
* W1 Limiter
* Logic's Space Designers and EQs
* ADT by vacuumsound
* apQualizer (original version was free and I still have it!)
* Tube Saturation Vintage, Molot, MDA Dynamics, apQualizer, and Voxengo's Tube Amp on master bus.

Hi there cheers for the submission!

There are a couple issues, maybe.

The rules specify all plugins must be _currently freely available_, although it looks like maybe apQualizer still is? As long as you're using that version, it should be fine. But it does rule out plugins that have since been made non-free, like NI Supercharger, for example.

Also, it looks like the ADT is probably applying pitch effects to the signal to simulate the wow/flutter effect, or at least some type of signal modulation, which would be against the rules. You can find some Haas effects that simply delays one channel, perhaps, or maybe just build an FX rack to do it for you (or you can get very nice chorus-like sounds by duplicating a synth instance and hard panning them to opposite sides, adjusting the pitch just slightly between them).

Also, Tube Saturation Vintage looks nice; I didn't know about that one :)
Full Bucket
KVRist

441 posts since 25 May, 2010, from Hessisch Uganda, Germany

Postby Full Bucket; Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:11 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #106: FB-3100/3200/3300 by Full Bucket Music

Taron wrote:Ok, I can't get anywhere with it. :oops:
Have you ever tried that? Also...not sure how it could magically transform a linear gradient to a logarithmic one?! But there, too, I feel like I may be missing something or am being stupid. :shrug:

Don't feel stupid - I checked the maths, it's not working. Although the MG1 FM slope is non-linear it is not exponential... no chance to get it in perfect tune (but from what I know it was not possible with the original PS either). :bang:

Cheers, Björn
Taron
KVRAF

Postby Taron; Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:19 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #106: FB-3100/3200/3300 by Full Bucket Music

Yeah, I figured... no sweat! Would've been nice and it's an easy routine, but it would be a dire betrayal for sure! :uhuhuh:
However, this little exercise gave me yet a deeper glimpse into the magical workings...or the workings that ask for magical designs, hehe. I'm telling you, though, I'm getting some very magical results. Check my little preview again on SC. I've just updated it. Don't want to post it again...feels awkward. viewtopic.php?p=6943632#p6943632
I've made a piano like preset that works quite well in the right context. It's currently near the end of the track...
I'm still exploring more mixing, too, because it is a bit messy. But I'm planning on at least 2 more acts, one of which should get pretty ominous! I'll get to try some more wicked stuff with your fantastic series, Björn! :hyper:
doctorbob
KVRian

863 posts since 7 Mar, 2014

Postby doctorbob; Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:24 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #106: FB-3100/3200/3300 by Full Bucket Music

So, talking about past masters ... Z' are you back in for this round ?????? :hihi: :borg:

dB
H-man
KVRian

612 posts since 26 Dec, 2007, from Australia

Postby H-man; Tue Dec 05, 2017 3:45 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #106: FB-3100/3200/3300 by Full Bucket Music

doctorbob wrote:So, talking about past masters ... Z' are you back in for this round ?????? :hihi: :borg:

dB

As Z's self-appointed proxy the answer is yes :hyper:
copperperson
KVRer

3 posts since 3 Jan, 2017

Postby copperperson; Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:02 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #106: FB-3100/3200/3300 by Full Bucket Music

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.

z.prime wrote:Hi there cheers for the submission!

There are a couple issues, maybe.

The rules specify all plugins must be _currently freely available_, although it looks like maybe apQualizer still is (http://www.apulsoft.ch/apqualizr/beta.php)? As long as you're using that version, it should be fine. But it does rule out plugins that have since been made non-free, like NI Supercharger, for example.

Also, it looks like the ADT is probably applying pitch effects to the signal to simulate the wow/flutter effect, or at least some type of signal modulation, which would be against the rules. You can find some Haas effects that simply delays one channel, perhaps, or maybe just build an FX rack to do it for you (or you can get very nice chorus-like sounds by duplicating a synth instance and hard panning them to opposite sides, adjusting the pitch just slightly between them).

Also, Tube Saturation Vintage looks nice; I didn't know about that one :)

Thanks for pointing that out. Went back in and ensured that all modulation was turned off for the ADT plugin, and the new version is up:

https://soundcloud.com/thrillmemusic/fu ... nth-take-2

And yes, I am using that beta version of apQualizer!
z.prime
KVRAF

Postby z.prime; Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:06 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #106: FB-3100/3200/3300 by Full Bucket Music

doctorbob wrote:So, talking about past masters ... Z' are you back in for this round ?????? :hihi: :borg:

Don't talk crazy.
Full Bucket
KVRist

441 posts since 25 May, 2010, from Hessisch Uganda, Germany

Postby Full Bucket; Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:29 am Re: One Synth Challenge #106: FB-3100/3200/3300 by Full Bucket Music

z.prime wrote:

Don't talk crazy.

No excuses, this time Macs are allowed! :box:
doctorbob
KVRian

863 posts since 7 Mar, 2014

Postby doctorbob; Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:37 am Re: One Synth Challenge #106: FB-3100/3200/3300 by Full Bucket Music

z.prime wrote:

Don't talk crazy.

Wibble wibble wibble dribble dribble - so who's the crazy one???? :ud: :hihi: :hihi:

Just getting my new machine tomorrow:

8700K processor, 32Gb ram, 500Gb SSD, 2 * 2Tb WD blacks, 27" monitor, silent case and cooling.

Once setup will look to get a Focusrite 2i4.

Not cheap but should be a bit of a brute! Replaces my 7 yr old quadcore with 4Gb.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments