Synth1 need Toto Africa sounds!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello All,
I am not a keyboard player but have a small studio and we are trying to re-do Africa by Toto. I found Synth1 which is a great start but I dont program and would like a starting point for the Brass type intro sounds?
I found 25,000 sounds but I will be here for days!...lol

Thanks for any help...Harry :D

hbrookes wrote:Hello All,
I am not a keyboard player but have a small studio and we are trying to re-do Africa by Toto. I found Synth1 which is a great start but I dont program and would like a starting point for the Brass type intro sounds?

i suggest you stop an old man along the way ,
hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies ...

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote:

25,000 sounds?
There is an online user library, which is actually a collection of smaller libraries made by a number of different designers that you can download in one zip file.

It is quite large and virtually impossible to find anything useful.

Steve Porcaro used many synths like mini moog, Jupiter 8, Prophet 5, etc, and all though I am not sure what synth he used for Africa, I would say that OBxd is a good bet. You can even get it for free here,

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/ob-xd- ... y-discodsp

OBxd is famous for it's brass sounds.

EDIT: Just for the fun of it I created a similar brass sound with OBxd. Unfortunately OBxd can't save presets unless you use the save preset functions in the DAW. I have FL Studio so if you have FL Studio to I can share the preset

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BUJ7bK ... sp=sharing
Last edited by ATN69 on Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

In the "Godly Famous Bank" Patch # 50 is "Toto Africa Brass"

You're welcome.

Where can this huge zip file be found?

arkmabat wrote:Where can this huge zip file be found?
All over the Internet. Just do a Google search.

ATN69 wrote:Steve Porcaro used many synths like mini moog, Jupiter 8, Prophet 5, etc, and all though I am not sure what synth he used for Africa
Probably CS-80

https://www.mixonline.com/recording/cla ... ica-375305

If you like this:
https://app.box.com/s/s59b02x3rozthuthvhbw8j2vxws76ef4

Then i can find that project tomorrow when i wake up.
It is Xhip though, not Synth1.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

<delete>

egbert101 wrote:
wagtunes wrote: There is an online user library, which is actually a collection of smaller libraries made by a number of different designers that you can download in one zip file.

It is quite large and virtually impossible to find anything useful.
Thanks. :tu: Sounds dodgy though. Besides, there's like six factory banks with 400 presets each :hihi:
Nothing dodgy about it. It's a free synth and many people have generously donated their talents to the project. Granted, there's a lot of overlap and with the limited naming scheme and no real organization, it's tough to find things. But there's nothing dodgy about it. It's one of the reasons the synth is so popular because of all the patches available for it.

<delete>

wagtunes wrote:It is quite large and virtually impossible FOR ME to find anything useful.
There I fixed that for you. You confused opinion with fact. :wink:

Synth 1 has been one of the most popular freeware synths for over a decade and a half. There is a reason for that and there is a reason why so many people spent so much time making patches and sharing them for free with the community. If Synth 1 didn't sound awesome it would have died a dozen years ago.....

Oh and don't forget you can get about a dozen instances at the same time and barely move the CPU meter.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
wagtunes wrote:It is quite large and virtually impossible FOR ME to find anything useful.
There I fixed that for you. You confused opinion with fact. :wink:

Synth 1 has been one of the most popular freeware synths for over a decade and a half. There is a reason for that and there is a reason why so many people spent so much time making patches and sharing them for free with the community. If Synth 1 didn't sound awesome it would have died a dozen years ago.....

Oh and don't forget you can get about a dozen instances at the same time and barely move the CPU meter.
Yes, by all means, Synth1's patch naming system is a work of genius and these libraries are all indexed with clear documentation of what each patch is.

Gotcha.

Return to “Instruments”