Synth1 need Toto Africa sounds!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The guy has done a really great job with it, so why not pay for it? :tu:

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote:
Russell Grand wrote:I'm with Teksonik on this one: selling patches for freeware is a dick move.
But selling music made with freeware is ok?
Shhhh. Don't try fighting this with logic. It'll just lead to more hostility. lol

Synth1 is a great synth.

It is made greater because the developer has never asked for a penny in donations.

Charging for Synth1 presets just feels sort of "meh".

There are a huge number of great free presets donated for this synth. As a starting point to tweak ones own presets the bank "Bigtone" by "brok landers" (I think ? ) in my opinion is very hard to beat......

https://audiobombs.com/items/573/bigtone-synth1-presets

ShawnG wrote:While I doubt the business wisdom of providing paid patches for a synth which has 25,000 free patches available for it already, It is not really a moral problem. the work of creating a synth, and the work of programming that synth are two entirely different things, and IF there is commercial value to be placed on the sound designer's art at all, there should be no distinction on whether the synth is payware or freeware. (my own opinion, incidentally, is very skeptical of the value of preset packs either free or paid, most of us don't lack for presets, and you can spend more time looking for the right patch, than you would have if you had just programmed it yourself. fm and other complicated synths to program make it more appealing, but a fairly basic 2 osc VA?)

Someone who is willing to provide their work for free is a wonderful thing, but the implicit demand that someone provide their work for free is not.
Of those 25k a lot are probably similar to each other.
I think it is perfectly possible to make new patches for that old synth. And quality patches, each of which can take hours to make. So, if someone invests so much time and effort, why not charge a bit for it? Maybe that Japanese developer has a regular job and doesn't need the money from his hobby, unlike some sound designers.

fluffy_little_something wrote: Of those 25k a lot are probably similar to each other.
I think it is perfectly possible to make new patches for that old synth. And quality patches, each of which can take hours to make. So, if someone invests so much time and effort, why not charge a bit for it? Maybe that Japanese developer has a regular job and doesn't need the money from his hobby, unlike some sound designers.

Bah Humbug !

Teksonik wrote:If you have to ask why then you won't understand the answer. It's all about morals. You have to have them to understand. :shrug:
Everyone has their own moral code. You can't expect/demand that everyone subscribe to your personal one.

I guess if you buy an IOS app, that makes you morally bankrupt as well as the person who created the app and sells it. Cause all this stuff runs on open source code.

I could keep going but the degree of sanctimony around this place is just too much for my stomach.

wagtunes wrote:I guess if you buy an IOS app, that makes you morally bankrupt as well as the person who created the app and sells it. Cause all this stuff runs on open source code.

I could keep going but the degree of sanctimony around this place is just too much for my stomach.
As you do not belong to the "I love synth1 club" it is of course hard for you to understand.

For those of us who meet once a month in a dark club somewhere in a secretive town to do homage to Ichiro Toda,then all is clear.

Synth1 "freedom is,as freedom was,and always will be".

Hail Ichiro !

dellboy wrote:
wagtunes wrote:I guess if you buy an IOS app, that makes you morally bankrupt as well as the person who created the app and sells it. Cause all this stuff runs on open source code.

As you do not belong to the "I love synth1 club" it is of course hard for you to understand.

For those of us who meet once a month in a dark club somewhere in a secretive town to do homage to Ichiro Toda,then all is clear.

Hail Ichiro !
Do you guys still drink goat's blood out of human skulls? because that's just wrong. More so than selling Synth1 presets.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

fluffy_little_something wrote: Of those 25k a lot are probably similar to each other.
What exactly are “quality” patches? Which combination of front panel controls leads to high quality, and which combination leads to low quality?
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

dellboy wrote:

Hail Ichiro !
:D

Very good.

nahhh this guy nailed it:
Chris-S wrote:Hi guys,
here is my attempt recreating this sound.

https://youtu.be/ol5iP1R8t2U

EDIT: fxp attached.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

deastman wrote:What exactly are “quality” patches? Which combination of front panel controls leads to high quality, and which combination leads to low quality?
I can't tell you that out here where anyone could be listening. Knowing that sort of thing is why people pay those quality sound designers.

Steve

Return to “Instruments”