Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
ghettosynth
KVRAF

10165 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:25 pm Re: Where are the modern analog emulations?

djanthonyw wrote:Probably because the current analog synths are emulating the old ones too.

Some of them are, but not all of them. The Korg minilogue isn't really. The Andromeda was built from circuits inspired by classic, but isn't an exact clone. The Aturia Brute's are based off some newer stuff and older stuff, but, AFAIK, nobody has emulated the Steiner Parker Synthacon filter.
xx JPRacer xx
KVRAF

1887 posts since 25 Jun, 2008, from Montreal, Canada

Postby xx JPRacer xx; Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:27 pm Re: Where are the modern analog emulations?

mcnoone wrote:I think Repro5 does excellent emulations of Repro1.

:lol: :tu:
Elektronisch
KVRAF

1531 posts since 3 Feb, 2010

Postby Elektronisch; Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:28 pm Re: Where are the modern analog emulations?

braj wrote:I'm just wondering when we'll see emulations of this era's analog machines, like a mini and Maxibrute, a Deepmind, or whatever. I know Little One is a modern Moog emulation, right?

I dont think you will ever see that. Why would you? These days modern analogues dont cost much. And i mean they cost penies comparing how much Moogs, Prophets used to cost. Sure Moog does have moog price and prophet 6 isnt cheap. But come on Deep mind 6 cost cents for what you get. Imo it would be disrespectful even to make emulation of deep mind. :clown:

The only emulation that would be cool to see is Andromeda simply because its out of production. But realisticly would it stand out in todays market?

Add to that alot of modern analogues are reincarnations of older vintage analogues in one or another way so it doeant even make much sense to emulate.
Cinebient
KVRAF

2606 posts since 16 Nov, 2014

Postby Cinebient; Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:28 pm Re: Where are the modern analog emulations?

ghettosynth wrote:
djanthonyw wrote:Probably because the current analog synths are emulating the old ones too.

Some of them are, but not all of them. The Korg minilogue isn't really. The Andromeda was built from circuits inspired by classic, but isn't an exact clone. The Aturia Brute's are based off some newer stuff and older stuff, but, AFAIK, nobody has emulated the Steiner Parker Synthacon filter.

I think Dagger has a Steiner Parker filter but not sure if it‘s similar...but still one of the most interesting filters for me in a soft synth.
Elektronisch
KVRAF

1531 posts since 3 Feb, 2010

Postby Elektronisch; Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:29 pm Re: Where are the modern analog emulations?

xx JPRacer xx wrote:

And U-He Hive does emulate Sylenth1 :clown:

Talking about Hive the architectute is similar a bit to alesis Andromeda.
Cinebient
KVRAF

Postby Cinebient; Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:29 pm Re: Where are the modern analog emulations?

xx JPRacer xx wrote:

Not really. Repro-1 can do things Repro-5 can‘t.
Cinebient
KVRAF

Postby Cinebient; Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:51 pm Re: Where are the modern analog emulations?

Oh and maybe because of that the 12db filter in Dagger is called Brute12.
I think i read somewhere that the Minibrute use a Steiner parker filter as well.
So there is a modern AND old emulation...at least of a filter.
Indeed my favorite filter inside Dagger, powerful.
I also think VCV rack has one too.
ATN69
KVRAF

1552 posts since 5 Oct, 2015, from Swedish / Living in Hong Kong

Postby ATN69; Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:55 pm Re: Where are the modern analog emulations?

braj wrote:
ATN69 wrote:There are a bunch of less attractive old synths that to my knowledge has not been emulated yet. I am thinking about the good old Korg Poly 61, Korg Poly 800, and then we have the DW models.

Maybe there is a Roland JX3P emulation somewhere? How about Yamaha CS5 and the whole CS range? These are synths that at the time was not very sought after because they were affordable and many people owned them. For me it would be pure nostalgia to have those :D

Kind of off topic though.

UPS! Sorry mate. I didn't read it carefully enough I guess.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 12
braj
KVRAF

8396 posts since 4 Feb, 2004

Postby braj; Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:59 pm Re: Where are the modern analog emulations?

ATN69 wrote:
braj wrote:
ATN69 wrote:There are a bunch of less attractive old synths that to my knowledge has not been emulated yet. I am thinking about the good old Korg Poly 61, Korg Poly 800, and then we have the DW models.

Maybe there is a Roland JX3P emulation somewhere? How about Yamaha CS5 and the whole CS range? These are synths that at the time was not very sought after because they were affordable and many people owned them. For me it would be pure nostalgia to have those :D

Kind of off topic though.

UPS! Sorry mate. I didn't read it carefully enough I guess.

No worries, I wasn't scolding :D
dark water
KVRian

575 posts since 2 Jun, 2016

Postby dark water; Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:32 pm Re: Where are the modern analog emulations?

I'd be happy if there was a half-decent emulation of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bte1wyaG9k

However, with every passing year, cheaper (and smaller) hardware plus increasingly excellent software reduces my GAS for the tasty yet buggy Jomox SunSyn.
masterhiggins
KVRAF

1674 posts since 30 Dec, 2004, from People's Republic of Minnesota

Postby masterhiggins; Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:55 pm Re: Where are the modern analog emulations?

dark water wrote:I'd be happy if there was a half-decent emulation of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bte1wyaG9k

Agree. I haven't seen a single emulation of anything jomox-related. Strange as their drum machines (particularly the xbase888) sound better to my ears than any Roland drum machine ever did. From what I understand the founder of jomox got his start from modifying Roland drum machines for customers for a different sound.
wagtunes
KVRAF

9599 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:41 pm Re: Where are the modern analog emulations?

I'd also love to see an Andromeda emulation. I'd easily pay $200 for one. That was such a cool synth.

Eh, but who am I kidding. Never gonna happen. And no, Syntronik or whatever that thing is doesn't count.
egbert101
KVRian

1485 posts since 13 Jun, 2014

Postby egbert101; Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:44 pm Re: Where are the modern analog emulations?

Would love an Elektron Analog Four emulation, but no way, NO WAY, can they get that thing to sound like the original in software. :hihi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ytm_joYdzHU
braj
KVRAF

8396 posts since 4 Feb, 2004

Postby braj; Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:51 pm Re: Where are the modern analog emulations?

wagtunes wrote:I'd also love to see an Andromeda emulation. I'd easily pay $200 for one. That was such a cool synth.

Eh, but who am I kidding. Never gonna happen. And no, Syntronik or whatever that thing is doesn't count.

Oh come now, it is a synth powerhouse! :hihi:

I personally want to see the Maxibrute in software form, Arturia could make it import and export presets to the real thing. Seems right up their alley, but U-he would do it better probably.
egbert101
KVRian

1485 posts since 13 Jun, 2014

Postby egbert101; Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:20 pm Re: Where are the modern analog emulations?

One problem with some hardware synths: Monophony. :hihi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90BtOCv4ePA
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments