Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
Radio : Air. Play.

Use Radio as a plugin within your DAW when you are feeling creative. Radio records the last 30 seconds of any streamed material. Once you hear something you like, select it, save it and drag it into your DAW. Finding new samples to inspire your music has never been done like this before!

The onboard FX section lends Radio the authentic air of real consumer equipment, with 24 processors to make your feed sound like it's coming through a genuine tube radio speaker, car stereo, phone or another device.

Radio stations focus on diversity, which will keep you coming back for new inspirational material.

Read more at www.pluginboutique.com
v1o
KVRian

979 posts since 1 Oct, 2004

Postby v1o; Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:48 pm Re: Arturia V Collection 6

modularg2 wrote:
fmr wrote:
dune_rave wrote:Also demoed dx7/ nice sounds, but 1 thing annoyed me : found one preset where cpu went crazy and remained at high level even if I didn!t play any notes.
On the other hand, I also have FM8 and it delivers same quality sounds with less cpu.
So soon I will uninstall arturia demo.

Both are excellent synths, and both do a great job with FM synthesis. But they are different, and one does not replace the other, IMO (except for plain vanilla DX7 sounds).

But in that chapter, I think the DX7 V wins. IMO, it translates better the original DX7 family SYX files.

Totally Agree. DX7 V is a superb emulation. For me, just alone itself deserve the cost of updating

I recently watched a video on YouTube. On some patches FM8 was closer to the DX7. On others it was either Dexed or DX7 V. I don’t think any captures the original 100% but FM8 is mellower than DX7 V and just has a good sound character of its own.

I dunno if this was shared yet on this thread:
https://youtu.be/HXkbgrHFehI
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2
fmr
KVRAF

6980 posts since 16 Mar, 2003, from Porto - Portugal

Postby fmr; Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:14 am Re: Arturia V Collection 6

Just three sounds, and somehow similar. Hardly a good basis to make a judgment. Yet, IMO the DX7 V showed that it's the closest to the DX7 V. Regarding the differences, there are some variables in the way the sound was recorded from the DX7 into the computer that may affect what we hear. Also, there are some settings in the DX7 V that have to be changed specifically for DX7 compatibility (like velocity, for example). Nothing is said about that, so we don't know what kind of settings were used.
Fernando (FMR)
killmaster
KVRian

778 posts since 4 Oct, 2003

Postby killmaster; Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:45 am Re: Arturia V Collection 6

Anyone know when NKS is supposed to release for the newest additions (Buchla Easel, DX7 etc...)?
aMUSEd
KVRAF

29120 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:02 am Re: Arturia V Collection 6

No - Arturia don't seem to be in any hurry and there are bugs in KK anyway. There is an unofficial port of the Buchla to NKS.
killmaster
KVRian

Postby killmaster; Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:10 am Re: Arturia V Collection 6

aMUSEd wrote:No - Arturia don't seem to be in any hurry and there are bugs in KK anyway. There is an unofficial port of the Buchla to NKS.

Thanks! Where might I find such port?
fmr
KVRAF

6980 posts since 16 Mar, 2003, from Porto - Portugal

Postby fmr; Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:56 am Re: Arturia V Collection 6

killmaster wrote:Anyone know when NKS is supposed to release for the newest additions (Buchla Easel, DX7 etc...)?

Pretty soon :-)
Fernando (FMR)
aMUSEd
KVRAF

29120 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:02 pm Re: Arturia V Collection 6

killmaster wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:No - Arturia don't seem to be in any hurry and there are bugs in KK anyway. There is an unofficial port of the Buchla to NKS.

In the Komplete Kontrol templates repository with everything else

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ulf40cicmwzu ... ChOwa?dl=0
killmaster
KVRian

Postby killmaster; Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:59 pm Re: Arturia V Collection 6

aMUSEd wrote:
killmaster wrote:

In the Komplete Kontrol templates repository with everything else

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ulf40cicmwzu ... ChOwa?dl=0

O right, thanks! Not sure why I didn't think to look there to begin with...
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments