Arturia V Collection 6

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Buchla Easel V Clavinet V CMI V DX7 V

fmr wrote:
Hemmick Reef wrote:If I buy the V Collection 6, other than any new synths added in V Collection 7, will Arturia keep updating Version 6... or at some stage will I be forced to upgrade again... in other words, how long can I just enjoy using Version 6 on my Mac before :help:

... as there are enough synths In V 6 to keep me going for a long long time :D
As far as I know, I think I can say they are committed to update these synths in the near future, and possibly adding some new features that were not ready at launch time.

BTW - Website is up now, at least from here.
Yep, I couldn't login to download the demo of CMI V earlier.

Done it now but will check it's sounds more thoroughly later...

How times have moved on..... how much did that machine cost originally :o

Apologies if it's already been mentioned. Does anyone know if V 6 includes new versions of the old plugins that aren't included with V 5?

thomaskyhn wrote:Apologies if it's already been mentioned. Does anyone know if V 6 includes new versions of the old plugins that aren't included with V 5?
Compared to VC4, there is only one missing, AFAIK - Spark. And no, it isn't included.
Fernando (FMR)

Is it worth hanging on past this introductory sale...

Will the price drop below 250€ ?

Has it before?

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

I just bought the upgarde from V-Collection v5 to v6. Resistance is futile... :borg:

fmr wrote:
thomaskyhn wrote:Apologies if it's already been mentioned. Does anyone know if V 6 includes new versions of the old plugins that aren't included with V 5?
Compared to VC4, there is only one missing, AFAIK - Spark. And no, it isn't included.
FWIW as i had also owned v4 before and got a license for it in my account (and in Arturia Software Center) so i could still use the Spark plugin here...
Major upgrades to V-Collection seem to appear as seperate licenses in the account and do not just replace the old ones.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

egbert101 wrote:
Hemmick Reef wrote:Is it worth hanging on past this introductory sale...

Will the price drop below 250€ ?

Has it before?
Maybe

Maybe

Yes
Any idea when the V Collection 5 was on sale for less & how much?

Ingonator wrote:I just bought the upgarde from V-Collection v5 to v6. Resistance is futile... :borg:
I was pretty sure you wouldn't resist :hihi:

BTW - As you know, I'm also a big fan of Matrix-12. It was revised too for this new release, and I think it now sounds closer to the original in many aspects. I got the SYX banks we have been discussing a while ago (G-Storm et all), and the G-Storm bank now sounds much better out of the box.

@ Beely. Since you were the one making these banks available, I can send to you at least the revised and converted G-Storm bank to make it available publicly, if you want.
Ingonator wrote:FWIW as i had also owned v4 before and got a license for it in my account (and in Arturia Software Center) so i could still use the Spark plugin here...
Major upgrades to V-Collection seem to appear as separate licenses in the account and do not just replace the old ones.
Yes, it works like that. We can keep the old versions installed on pair with the new ones (that's what I've been doing, to make comparisons, and to convert old presets to the new format).
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:BTW - As you know, I'm also a big fan of Matrix-12. It was revised too for this new release, and I think it now sounds closer to the original in many aspects. I got the SYX banks we have been discussing a while ago (G-Storm et all), and the G-Storm bank now sounds much better out of the box.
Old versions of M-12 were painfully slow to change patches, and this seem fixed on this version now too.

fmr wrote:BTW - As you know, I'm also a big fan of Matrix-12. It was revised too for this new release, and I think it now sounds closer to the original in many aspects.
Do you know if you need to update to V 6 in order to get the revised version?

I think I also saw that the Vox and Farfisa organs were updated. Does anyone know if you get these updates with V 5 or you need to upgrade to V 6 to get them?

thomaskyhn wrote:
fmr wrote:BTW - As you know, I'm also a big fan of Matrix-12. It was revised too for this new release, and I think it now sounds closer to the original in many aspects.

I think I also saw that the Vox and Farfisa organs were updated. Does anyone know if you get these updates with V 5 or you need to upgrade to V 6 to get them?
If you have V-5, all your plugins will be updated. Have you checked your Arturia Software Center?

waltercruz wrote:
thomaskyhn wrote:

If you have V-5, all your plugins will be updated. Have you checked your Arturia Software Center?
I installed new updates yesterday, but wasn't sure if they were the versions that come with V 6.

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Sat Oct 07, 2023 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

chk071 wrote:
jsp1979 wrote:Due to complaints about the pricing, they are taking their emulations and going home.
I wonder if anyone there even noticed about the little drama here on KVR. :hihi: People always talk about huge drama and shitstorm, while it's merely a handful of (the always same) people complaining.
They do! Err, hello! I'm new round here. Name's Rich (online chums generally know me as RiK but someone's already got that user name). I noticed because I was following similar 'drama' elsewhere on Gearslutz and a few other synth-related forums so I was actually looking to see what other people were saying about it online..
simmo75 wrote:
ZeePok wrote: 
@Arturia:
Why can't you explain why long-term customers can't get a better upgrade deal?
Seems you're dodging the issue.
They’re totally avoiding our the question, seems like they don’t give a toss about us.
They certainly don't seem to care much about brand-new users either...

I only bought the V Collection a month ago (it arrived 3rd Nov) and yet they still want the full price to upgrade!

Most software companies allow a decent 'grace' period for new purchased right? Where you get a free upgrade if you've just bought the previous version. Oh no, not Arturia, it's 'tough luck sucker, you can pay the same as someone who bought it years ago!'

I had a bit of a rant on twitter and one of their devs suggested I contact customer services, so I did, and hey they offered me 25% discount - on the upgrade!

Seriously? 25% off the upgrade cost? I.e. "here’s a token scrap now go away please."

Oh, but to compound it - if I'd bought it directly from Arturia online I could've had a free upgrade, but because I bought it at a decent price from a supplier on Amazon I get different treatment. Even though it's the exact same software, full retail box version! They expect me to effective pay nearly double my original purchase price to upgrade 4 weeks after receiving the software. Absolutely disgusting in my book.

Massive customer service FAIL to me. As new customer who quite innocently just bought the entire collection with no knowledge a major upgrade was imminent I just got left with the worst possible impression of Arturia and their total lack of respect, bordering on contempt, for their customers.

Even though I like their products, I own a load of Arturia hardware, I won’t give them any more of my money now out of principle, and yes, I'm ranting about it everywhere at the moment because they've properly p****d me off.

Anyone know if the DX7 emu accepts MTS sysex for microtuning, as the DX7 MkII (and FM8) does? Arturia generally ignores microtuning support (making their software useless for me) so I'm not that confident they've ported this feature and couldn't see anything about it in the manual. I consider it one of the most unrealistic aspects of their models, much of the original hardware they're modelling had CV in so was comparatively easy to microtune.

Return to “Instruments”