Arturia V Collection 6

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Buchla Easel V Clavinet V CMI V DX7 V

OK, just to put some things into perspective.

Omnisphere: Full price - $499; Upgrade - $249 (50%)

Tone 2 Saurus: Full price - € 99; Upgrade € 59

Wolfgang Palm new synth: € 149 (launch price € 119)

These are just three examples. I'm sure I could find a lot more.

Now, paying € 199 for FOUR new synths and a deeply revised Piano is unfair? You keep comparing with Komplete, but everybody knows that Komplete is a bargain, and not comparable with anything else.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:You keep comparing with Komplete, but everybody knows that Komplete is a bargain, and not comparable with anything else.
...not to mention that in the majority of cases, the new instruments to each release Komplete have been available at full price for many months at full price.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

fmr wrote: Now, paying € 199 for FOUR new synths and a deeply revised Piano is unfair? You keep comparing with Komplete, but everybody knows that Komplete is a bargain, and not comparable with anything else.
Actually, they need to compare it to how much of Komplete they use. I use several of the Arturia synths often. And a few occasionally. I use Kontakt nearly always, but no NI content and two Reaktor ensembles. That's it. So Komplete isn't nearly as cost efficient for me as the Arturia upgrade.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

simmo75 wrote: I’d love to be able to paste the ‘Pity us for all our hard work’ email reply I got from them, I’m sure everyone that has confronted Arturia got the same generic response...
You could paste it. Most of us have seen it. It basically says that the price is set so they can have employees. It didn't ask you to have pity. The pity part is your moronic tantrum throwing spin. I highly suggest you take up a hobby you can afford.

SJ_Digriz wrote:
simmo75 wrote: I’d love to be able to paste the ‘Pity us for all our hard work’ email reply I got from them, I’m sure everyone that has confronted Arturia got the same generic response...
You could paste it. Most of us have seen it. It basically says that the price is set so they can have employees. It didn't ask you to have pity. The pity part is your moronic tantrum throwing spin. I highly suggest you take up a hobby you can afford.
Wow! You really are embodying the american male.
Donald, is that you?
As for hobby, Don, I've worked in music for 25 years and recorded many major label artists and now teach because I realized I like daylight...
I'm entitled to my opinion of what I percieve as a bad deal for long time customers but you have to make it personal.
PS, I know you're loving the spotlight here and you think you're the man but why don't you PM me so we can see what your problem really is?

I hate the "entitled" label that is used around very lightly, but I think it applies perfectly in this case. 199 for 4 synths is totally fair.
dedication to flying

SJ_Digriz wrote:
I have spent 10s of thousands of dollars on my so called "hobby." In fact, I'm sure I have more plugins than 90% of the people at this forum. For me, it is a matter of principle. When a new buyer can get 21 instruments for $399 and I have to pay $199 for 4 instruments, that, to me, is a little bit disproportionate to say the least.

It is not about entitlement. It is about the disproportionate way that different customers are handled by the company. You are better off being a first time buyer with absolutely no prior loyalty in helping support the company (yes, all us frequent buyers are the ones supporting the company) than being an old customer who has been loyal for years doing just that, supporting the company.

Believe it or not, there are companies out there who treat their older customers better than Arturia treats theirs.

Like I said, it's a matter of principle.

fmr wrote:OK, just to put some things into perspective.

Omnisphere: Full price - $499; Upgrade - $249 (50%)
Plus they also had a very fair grace period with a free update for anyone who'd bought v1 in the 6+ months prior to v2 being released.

Arturia still want €150 for an upgrade when I only bought v5 a month ago...

wagtunes wrote: It is not about entitlement. It is about the disproportionate way that different customers are handled by the company. You are better off being a first time buyer with absolutely no prior loyalty in helping support the company (yes, all us frequent buyers are the ones supporting the company) than being an old customer who has been loyal for years doing just that, supporting the company.

Believe it or not, there are companies out there who treat their older customers better than Arturia treats theirs.

This ^^^^ exactly!

wagtunes wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:
I have spent 10s of thousands of dollars on my so called "hobby." In fact, I'm sure I have more plugins than 90% of the people at this forum. For me, it is a matter of principle. When a new buyer can get 21 instruments for $399 and I have to pay $199 for 4 instruments, that, to me, is a little bit disproportionate to say the least.

It is not about entitlement. It is about the disproportionate way that different customers are handled by the company. You are better off being a first time buyer with absolutely no prior loyalty in helping support the company (yes, all us frequent buyers are the ones supporting the company) than being an old customer who has been loyal for years doing just that, supporting the company.

Exactly!

simmo75 wrote:
wagtunes wrote: Like I said, it's a matter of principle.
Exactly!
Exactly not .. I totally disagree. Pricing is pricing. However, I mostly disagree with the attacking approach to the process. It's fine that you don't like the pricing. How you go about that discussion is another matter. Ok, you guys have a thread for that discussion. I'll let it go.

SJ_Digriz wrote:
simmo75 wrote:
Exactly!
Exactly not .. I totally disagree. Pricing is pricing. However, I mostly disagree with the attacking approach to the process. It's fine that you don't like the pricing. How you go about that discussion is another matter. Ok, you guys have a thread for that discussion. I'll let it go.
Thanks for letting it go, I thought I was going to get gun threats.. :hug:

simmo75 wrote:
SJ_Digriz wrote:
simmo75 wrote:
Exactly!
Thanks for letting it go, I thought I was going to get gun threats.. :hug:
The upgrade for me is absolutely worth it.. but why now :lol: I am trying to save up for Repro 1 :( ... so I can't get this anyway!!... :ud:

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

wagtunes wrote: When a new buyer can get 21 instruments for $399 and I have to pay $199 for 4 instruments, that, to me, is a little bit disproportionate to say the least.
You could also tackle this differently. You could say that 50 dollars for a synth is a fair price for all the work that has gone into it. For 50 dollars you can pay a programmer for half an hour. So, good luck with that.
And 21 instruments for 399 dollars is dirt cheap. But these instruments have been paid for allready, so they can sell them cheap.

Instead of nagging about it all the time in a forum, use that time to do a paid job and invest that money ....

Return to “Instruments”