Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals

Arturia V Collection 6

svart
KVRer

15 posts since 19 Dec, 2014, from up north

Postby svart; Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:51 am Re: Arturia V Collection 6

fmr wrote:
svart wrote:The sustain pedal doesn't work for me in Piano V2 and Matrix 12 in Analog Lab 3. It does work on the other ones I've tried (Using Reaper).

Did you have an older version of Analog Lab? If yes, be sure it was fully cleaned before (the installer supposedly uninstall the previous versions, but we never know for sure). Go to Program Data > Arturia, and delete any traces of it. If necessary, reinstall Analog Lab 3. It should work perfectly now.

svart wrote: Also, what does the Arturia icon on some of the presets indicate? Couldn't find any answers in the manual.

These are the selections done by Arturia for each of the instruments, and are intended to be representative of what's best in each one. Of course, since tastes vary, what they think is the best may not be what YOU think is the best. But it's a start, in case you don't want to go through all the included presets.

Tried a reinstall, didn't help. The electric pianos and the Clavinets are ok. The problem also applies to other synths: the Buchla, the CS80 and the Prophets, the other synths are ok. And all the organs are ok... :-?
fmr
KVRAF

6424 posts since 16 Mar, 2003, from Porto - Portugal

Postby fmr; Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:13 am Re: Arturia V Collection 6

Ilyo wrote:
fmr wrote:OK, just to put some things into perspective.

Omnisphere: Full price - $499; Upgrade - $249 (50%)

Plus they also had a very fair grace period with a free update for anyone who'd bought v1 in the 6+ months prior to v2 being released.

Arturia still want €150 for an upgrade when I only bought v5 a month ago...

Don't know about what Spectrasonics is offering - 6 months is definitly NOT the standard. The standard grace period is about four or five weeks. And, AFAIK, Arturia has a grace period too, for users that registered V5 within 4 or 5 weeks before launch (although I'm not sure about that).

So, maybe you should check again with assistance, and insist that you should have a free upgrade, if indeed you have purchased the product within four or five weeks - be sure to send a proof of purchase (although you should have the product registered in your account, so, they know when it was registered, anyway).
Last edited by fmr on Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)
fmr
KVRAF

Postby fmr; Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:18 am Re: Arturia V Collection 6

svart wrote: Tried a reinstall, didn't help. The electric pianos and the Clavinets are ok. The problem also applies to other synths: the Buchla, the CS80 and the Prophets, the other synths are ok. And all the organs are ok... :-?

This seems like a typical case of corrupted installation. A simple reinstallation doesn't help. Be sure to effectively clean up your system. If Analog Labs is all you have, uninstall it (you should use an Uninstaller Cleaner, like iObit Uninstaller), delete the entire Arturia directory in Program Data, and also in Program Files, as well as all the plug-ins you may have spreaded.

Then reinstall it again.
Fernando (FMR)
Ilyo
KVRer

4 posts since 7 Dec, 2017

Postby Ilyo; Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:24 am Re: Arturia V Collection 6

fmr wrote:period too, for users that registered V5 within 4 or 5 weeks before launch (although I'm not sure about that).

Arturia *do* have a grace period, but they only honor it if you bought direct from them!

I bought from Amazon, provided proof of purchase (and they know when activated it on 3rd Nov) but they still want $150 for the upgrade!

Totally unfair. I bought the same full retail product, which I just happened upon when browing Amazon, yet they treat you like a second-class citizen for daring to get a better price from another supplier.
fmr
KVRAF

Postby fmr; Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:27 am Re: Arturia V Collection 6

Ilyo wrote: Arturia *do* have a grace period, but they only honor it if you bought direct from them!

I bought from Amazon, provided proof of purchase (and they know when activated it on 3rd Nov) but they still want $150 for the upgrade!

Totally unfair. I bought the same full retail product, which I just happened upon when browing Amazon, yet they treat you like a second-class citizen for daring to get a better price from another supplier.

This is weird... Are you sure you bought a NEW product. Or is it second hand? Sometimes, there are deals in Amazon that refer to second hand products.
Fernando (FMR)
simmo75
KVRian

543 posts since 25 Mar, 2016, from Seattle

Postby simmo75; Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:29 am Re: Arturia V Collection 6

I’ve decided to sell my V Collection 5 for $150 if anyone’s interested.
Last edited by simmo75 on Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
V0RT3X
KVRAF

6692 posts since 3 Jul, 2012, from Canada

Postby V0RT3X; Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:30 am Re: Arturia V Collection 6

simmo75 wrote:I’m selling my V Collection 5 for $150 if anyone’s interested, you can then upgrade to 6 cheaper.

Since you should technically be advertising this in the marketplace, you have to reduce your asking cost by $25 now as a forum penalty for breaking the rules.

Just kidding

But you should really keep your advertising in the Marketplace as there is a rule for bumping your ad and stuff.
Last edited by V0RT3X on Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
KVR caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 015f:bff7b997.
Ingonator
KVRAF

11566 posts since 21 Mar, 2008, from Hannover, Germany

Postby Ingonator; Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:31 am Re: Arturia V Collection 6

Somehow i think that Piano V2 was increased in quality at a level where i feel it is more or less like another new product and not just an update. As this v2 update is not available for V-Collection 5 users this is also somehow true.
Ingo Weidner
HW: Blofeld, Pulse 2, UltraNova, Bass Station 2
SW: PPG 3.V, Largo, Nave, Icarus, Avenger, Serum, Legend, Saurus 2, Diva, Repro-5, VC 6, Komplete 10, many more
i5-3350P / Win 10 x64 / Live 9 / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Bitwig 2 / Studio One 3
simmo75
KVRian

543 posts since 25 Mar, 2016, from Seattle

Postby simmo75; Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:32 am Re: Arturia V Collection 6

V0RT3X wrote:
simmo75 wrote:I’m selling my V Collection 5 for $150 if anyone’s interested, you can then upgrade to 6 cheaper.

Since you should technically be advertising this in the marketplace, you have to reduce your asking cost by $25 now as a forum penalty for breaking the rules.

Just kidding

Ha! It’s yours for $125.... :tu:

Edit: sorry if I broke any rules.
V0RT3X
KVRAF

6692 posts since 3 Jul, 2012, from Canada

Postby V0RT3X; Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:36 am Re: Arturia V Collection 6

simmo75 wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:

Just kidding

Ha! It’s yours for $125.... :tu:

Edit: sorry if I broke any rules.

Nah I'd sell it for your asking price, it's still a good deal. I've got more software synthesis than I could possible use as it is so I'll have to pass. Cheers though
KVR caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 015f:bff7b997.
ghettosynth
KVRAF

10165 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:03 am Re: Arturia V Collection 6

Stefken wrote:
wagtunes wrote: When a new buyer can get 21 instruments for $399 and I have to pay $199 for 4 instruments, that, to me, is a little bit disproportionate to say the least.

You could also tackle this differently. You could say that 50 dollars for a synth is a fair price for all the work that has gone into it. For 50 dollars you can pay a programmer for half an hour. So, good luck with that.
And 21 instruments for 399 dollars is dirt cheap. But these instruments have been paid for allready, so they can sell them cheap.

Instead of nagging about it all the time in a forum, use that time to do a paid job and invest that money ....

People are still going to PERCEIVE the pricing as unfair. Even if we set aside the new upgrade for a moment and just consider the price for new or almost new customers, there seems to be a very large advantage for just being in the right place at the right time.

So, let's set the value of the new instruments to $199 and assume that everyone pays that for the new instruments. Then a brand new customer who has no Arturia products will pay $200 for the old instruments that have already been paid for. Ok, fine, that's not that bad. But, a customer with one product will pay $50 plus what they paid for their one product for those same instruments.

However, let me tell you as a fact, this deal applies if the only instrument that you have is the free filter that was given away last year. So, in that case, your price for the old instruments is, wait for it, $50, that's 25% of what a customer who didn't download a free product has to pay.

Whether any of this is actually fair isn't really the point and trying to justify it with a new equation that will undoubtedly have holes in the argument isn't going to change anything.

The bottom line is that because of the following:

1) The upgrade price is a large percentage of the new price, and

2) The upgrade price for relatively new customers is much better relatively than the upgrade price for old customers, and

3) The upgrade price is high, really, without gathering data I would say that it's because it's more than $100. I suspect that if we were talking about $1.99 vs $0.99, the complaints wouldn't really exist. The amount matters.

Then, because of these things, people are going to complain. No amount of cajoling, or re-justifying, or name calling, is going to change this. I'm almost certain that we could build a pretty stable regression model of this behavior.

Again, none of this has anything to do with whether or not it's ACTUALLY fair. The perception is the reality. When you have that perception there is going to be constant discussion on the forums about price and all of the complaining about that discussion really just fuels the fire of that discussion. You aren't going to end it because you are arguing against a position that is not based in fact, but in perception.

Now, as to whether four instruments are worth $199, that's not something that you can argue as fact either. It completely depends on the instruments and the individual, and let's just get this out of the way, it has sweet f**k all to do with how many mouths you have to feed and how many babies are dependant on your payroll. To the extent that is untrue, it's not the mirror of the value proposition so much as it's the mirror of your investment into customer goodwill. People will care about a firm in proportion to the degree that they believe that a firm cares about its customers.

So back to price. Some synths are not worth $50 to some customers, no matter the price on the tin. Arturia has some consistency in how we can value their synths. They typically include four-ish new models in each update and the updates are generally available on an almost constant sale for $99. Consequently, to many customers that defines the value of an Arturia synth, e.g. $25 each. Those same customers may value a Uhe synth at $100 and an AIR synth at $1. That's not fair either, get over it, that's the market perception.

Finally, with respect to this pricing strategy, as with all pricing strategies, it's difficult to actually validate ground truth so it's not necessarily the case that this is the only strategy that will feed programmers. Other vendors employ programmers as well and they are able to use different strategies. In other words, as I said, it's a choice to value revenue and market penetration over customer goodwill. That choice is 100% in a firm's purview, the reaction to that choice is 0% in their purview.

tl; dr: People are going to complain about the perception of unfairness and no amount of complaining or arguing about that complaining is going to change that. The perception of unfairness is related to the proportion of full price being charged for the upgrade and how high that upgrade cost is with respect to the perceived market value of Arturia synths.
felis
KVRist

197 posts since 25 Jul, 2009

Postby felis; Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:37 am Re: Arturia V Collection 6

I probably should ask Arturia this, but I'll try here first. Does anyone know where the best place is to install?

I've got Arturia stuff scattered all over, and I'm kind of thinking maybe that's why some of it seems to take too long to load.

It still insists on installing 32 bit stuff, but I never use it. It also does 2.4 and 3.0 versions. Some of it goes to a vst plug in folder,
some of it goes to a Steinberg vst folder, and then there are several more copies of what seems to be identical data
in program data folders, common file folders, and other areas. There's probably at least a half dozen or more areas that contain what seems to me to be the same data.

Can any of it be safely deleted. Apologies if the question is too basic.
svart
KVRer

15 posts since 19 Dec, 2014, from up north

Postby svart; Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:00 am Re: Arturia V Collection 6

fmr wrote:
svart wrote: Tried a reinstall, didn't help. The electric pianos and the Clavinets are ok. The problem also applies to other synths: the Buchla, the CS80 and the Prophets, the other synths are ok. And all the organs are ok... :-?

This seems like a typical case of corrupted installation. A simple reinstallation doesn't help. Be sure to effectively clean up your system. If Analog Labs is all you have, uninstall it (you should use an Uninstaller Cleaner, like iObit Uninstaller), delete the entire Arturia directory in Program Data, and also in Program Files, as well as all the plug-ins you may have spreaded.

Then reinstall it again.

I have the whole V Collection 5, so I will definitely not do a full clean up. The sustain pedal works as it should in the individual plugins. But thanks anyway :)
bobhva
KVRist

88 posts since 8 Mar, 2016, from USA

Postby bobhva; Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:01 am Re: Arturia V Collection 6

Ingonator wrote:Somehow i think that Piano V2 was increased in quality at a level where i feel it is more or less like another new product and not just an update. As this v2 update is not available for V-Collection 5 users this is also somehow true.

I think this statement is incorrect. As a V collection 5 owner you can upgrade your Piano V to V2 for $19.99 in your My Products tab of your account.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments