Arturia V Collection 6

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Buchla Easel V Clavinet V CMI V DX7 V

bobhva wrote:
Ingonator wrote:Somehow i think that Piano V2 was increased in quality at a level where i feel it is more or less like another new product and not just an update. As this v2 update is not available for V-Collection 5 users this is also somehow true.
I think this statement is incorrect. As a V collection 5 owner you can upgrade your Piano V to V2 for $19.99 in your My Products tab of your account.
Well, concerning the improvement in sound quality i still think it's true... :)

I more and more like the sounds i could get from Piano V also compared to some of my sample based piano libraries.

With the old Piano V i had to tweak it quite a lot (modeling parameters and EQ) to find a sound i really like while still this was not as good as Piano V2 or my other sample based pianos. With Piano V2 some of the presets do already sound really great "as is" while i like adding my favorite external Reverb.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

My last post referencing price because gawd knows this is interminably dull. Every single developer mentioned in this thread has been criticised for their pricing policies at some point. It's kinda funny to read how many people are saying how great Spectrasonics is now, when KVR was full of whining for months after Omni 2 came out. Spectrasonics and many others never have sales. Some companies front load the price and you pay to be first in line, then sell it off later for the price of a burger (eg East West, Arturia). Some companies have only introductory discounts (eg Spitfire, once upon a time). Some do great package deals, others don't. You just learn to read the market, do your homework and buy what works for you.

I'd only criticise Arturia for one thing in this release - the big "LOG IN FOR YOUR PERSONAL OFFER" thing. It sets up a false expectation. Just print the upgrade price for crying out loud.

I think V Collection 6 looks like a very nice update. For me, I'm not in a rush, so their initial price doesn't appeal to me. But here's the thing - I don't take it as a personal insult, any more than I take my "personal offer" to be meaningful. I'll just wait for the sure-thing sale. Those of you desperately unhappy - would it kill you to wait 6 months? Is it a moral imperative you have it immediately?

But please please pleeeeeeeaaaassseeeeee - these questions are rhetorical. I don't really want any back on forth on this post - if it chimes with you great, if it incenses you beyond rage then go bang some sofa cushions and listen to Nine Inch Nails instead.

Namaste.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Either I sell my V Collection 5 during the next month for 150 or I upgrade in 6(?) month for a reasonable price... I put it into faith‘s hands...

wagtunes wrote:
You are better off being a first time buyer with absolutely no prior loyalty in helping support the company (yes, all us frequent buyers are the ones supporting the company) than being an old customer who has been loyal for years doing just that, supporting the company.
uummm......thats normally how it works.

new customers always get the best deals in an attempt to get...well.....NEW customers. old long standing customers are already customers, they dont need cajoling. its a very very common practice to offer new customers sweet deals that long time customers dont/cant get.

companies do that like ALL the time. a company isnt your friend, they dont owe you anything. they are there to make money. someone a long time ago figured out that you make more money by enticing new customers with a great deal to get them in the door...then you milk them once you have them hooked on your product.

first ones always free right?

:shrug:
ImageImageImage

chaosWyrM wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
You are better off being a first time buyer with absolutely no prior loyalty in helping support the company (yes, all us frequent buyers are the ones supporting the company) than being an old customer who has been loyal for years doing just that, supporting the company.
uummm......thats normally how it works.

new customers always get the best deals in an attempt to get...well.....NEW customers. old long standing customers are already customers, they dont need cajoling. its a very very common practice to offer new customers sweet deals that long time customers dont/cant get.

companies do that like ALL the time. a company isnt your friend, they dont owe you anything. they are there to make money. someone a long time ago figured out that you make more money by enticing new customers with a great deal to get them in the door...then you milk them once you have them hooked on your product.

first ones always free right?

:shrug:
I'm not saying it doesn't work. It's a great strategy for getting new customers.

Doesn't mean old customers have to like it. :wink:

experimental.crow wrote:nice review ...
some valuable insights therein ...
The one big thing I forgot: CPU use. I didn't really notice it with Aalto, but it can get brutal in Buchla V, especially if you turn on polyphony. One mono instance seems to be doable, but 4-note polyphony can bring my desktop to its knees without any other plugins running. I didn't really dig in to see how patching affects CPU use though.

noiseboyuk wrote:My last post referencing price because gawd knows this is interminably dull. Every single developer mentioned in this thread has been criticised for their pricing policies at some point.
You're missing the aggregate here. It's all about HOW MUCH they are criticized by HOW MANY people.

I'm sure that some people criticized Soundtoys, but many feel that they do a better job at creating customer goodwill than other vendors do with their consistent upgrade policies that take into account what you already own in a demonstrable way.
Spectrasonics and many others never have sales. Some companies front load the price and you pay to be first in line, then sell it off later for the price of a burger (eg East West, Arturia). Some companies have only introductory discounts (eg Spitfire, once upon a time). Some do great package deals, others don't. You just learn to read the market, do your homework and buy what works for you.
Absolutely! You should optimize for you. But, if you don't want to read complaining about policies that are less than optimal for many people then you're in the wrong place.
But please please pleeeeeeeaaaassseeeeee - these questions are rhetorical. I don't really want any back on forth on this post
I'm sure that Arturia doesn't either, doesn't mean that you're going to get what you want. You're in a discussion forum and as soon as you decide to post then you are inviting others to respond to your comments. If you don't want back and forth, then don't comment and you'll get your wish.

$199...um, I'll wait...
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

Ingonator wrote:
bobhva wrote:
Ingonator wrote:Somehow i think that Piano V2 was increased in quality at a level where i feel it is more or less like another new product and not just an update. As this v2 update is not available for V-Collection 5 users this is also somehow true.
I think this statement is incorrect. As a V collection 5 owner you can upgrade your Piano V to V2 for $19.99 in your My Products tab of your account.

I more and more like the sounds i could get from Piano V also compared to some of my sample based piano libraries.

With the old Piano V i had to tweak it quite a lot (modeling parameters and EQ) to find a sound i really like while still this was not as good as Piano V2 or my other sample based pianos. With Piano V2 some of the presets do already sound really great "as is" while i like adding my favorite external Reverb.
I wasn't talking about the "newness" or the sound quality of Piano V or V2. What I was saying is that the upgrade to V2 IS available to V Collection 5 owners.

Pricing like this, with an upgraded or a new shiny product, is to attract new customers.
It's not very difficult to understand.
And then they make existing customers happy later.

Personally I will upgrade to V6 later, because I find this upgrade fantastic.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

bobhva wrote:
Ingonator wrote:
bobhva wrote:

I wasn't talking about the "newness" or the sound quality of Piano V or V2. What I was saying is that the upgrade to V2 IS available to V Collection 5 owners.
I don't think that's what Ingo meant

svart wrote:
fmr wrote:
svart wrote:The sustain pedal doesn't work for me in Piano V2 and Matrix 12 in Analog Lab 3. It does work on the other ones I've tried (Using Reaper).
Tried a reinstall, didn't help. The electric pianos and the Clavinets are ok. The problem also applies to other synths: the Buchla, the CS80 and the Prophets, the other synths are ok. And all the organs are ok... :-?
definitely something weird with your install - I just checked the acoustic piano presets in AL3 and the sustain pedal works as expected running them in reaper.

BMoore wrote:Pricing like this, with an upgraded or a new shiny product, is to attract new customers.

Yep, we all get that. Complaining is a response to "pricing like this." It's not very difficult to understand.

dudes, just sayin ... make some silly little vocal samples and toss them in CMI... I can kind of treat it like my old DSS-1. You can mangle really fast, without getting stuck in the minutia of a sampler.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

ghettosynth wrote:
BMoore wrote:Pricing like this, with an upgraded or a new shiny product, is to attract new customers.

Yep, we all get that. Complaining is a response to "pricing like this." It's not very difficult to understand.
But what are you complaining about?
If you're an existing customer, you know the upgrade price will go down.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

Return to “Instruments”