VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Buchla Easel V Clavinet V CMI V DX7 V

foosnark wrote:
experimental.crow wrote:nice review ...
some valuable insights therein ...
The one big thing I forgot: CPU use. I didn't really notice it with Aalto, but it can get brutal in Buchla V, especially if you turn on polyphony. One mono instance seems to be doable, but 4-note polyphony can bring my desktop to its knees without any other plugins running. I didn't really dig in to see how patching affects CPU use though.
i bit ...
watched a few run-through videos , d/l'd the demo ,
skipped some sleep ...

pretty easy decision ...

On a related note: What is the name of the preset at the very beginning of Arturia's CMI overview video?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... _jrcEm5sXo

I thought it would have been one of the famous "orch" samples but none seem to fit the bill.

hellomrbike wrote:On a related note: What is the name of the preset at the very beginning of Arturia's CMI overview video?:

I thought it would have been one of the famous "orch" samples but none seem to fit the bill.
Not sure about Arturias demo, but that sound is called "TREVHORN" in CMI on iPad.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

BMoore wrote:
hellomrbike wrote:On a related note: What is the name of the preset at the very beginning of Arturia's CMI overview video?:

Not sure about Arturias demo, but that sound is called "TREVHORN" in CMI on iPad.
Ah, that's the one! Looks like it isn't contained in a factory presets, but it is found in the factory sounds. Thanks!

The CMI is an interesting synth with a lot well known samples/sounds.
I don't think that I would use this "signature" sounds today but it's without doubt very interesting ;)

I saw in my account that the update for one synth is 99€ and the full update is 199€ (from v5).
I remember that Arturia had a special update to V5 for 99€ but without all new synth included. So this was only an update to the new versions of the already existing synth.
So I don't think there will be a lower price in the near future for the full update with all new synth.

4damind wrote:I remember that Arturia had a special update to V5 for 99€ but without all new synth included. So this was only an update to the new versions of the already existing synth.
So I don't think there will be a lower price in the near future for the full update with all new synth.
You're just not paying attention.

The date's not on this image but this is from December of last year, about six months after release. So, we can basically expect either a spring break or fourth of July sale as well as either a Black Friday and/or Holiday sale next year.

Also, there is that "pricing won't be lower" statement. So now I theorize that the language on the website was with respect to recent sales events and it took a bit to clean it up for the release. That is, I suspect that Arturia fully expects to reduce the price to generate a cash influx at some point as they have done time and time again.

I believe that they won't lower it below $99 for the upgrade, I have never seen it lower than that at any rate.

You know, gmail is awesome and I simply don't delete mails from the accounts that I give to vendors. Those aren't the accounts that it's important that I don't miss something. One of those accounts has some 20,000 emails going back at least three years or so. I find it very helpful to have that data so that I can do some casual trend mining from it.
Last edited by ghettosynth on Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

aMUSEd wrote:
bobhva wrote:
Ingonator wrote: As this v2 update is not available for V-Collection 5 users
I think this statement is incorrect. As a V collection 5 owner you can upgrade your Piano V to V2 for $19.99 in your My Products tab of your account.

I don't think that's what Ingo meant
Then I apologize to Ingo. Maybe it would have made more sense if I had edited the quote like I should have as I was not replying to the entire post with my comment but only the part quoted above. I was only trying to point out that it appears that you can upgrade the Piano V to Piano V2 as a V collection 5 owner for a price of $19.99, at least it shows an upgrade option in my account and I was thinking of doing this to hold me over until the V collection 6 upgrade goes down in price, when or if that ever happens.

Edit: I can confirm that as a V collection 5 owner you can upgrade your Piano V to V2 for $19.99
Last edited by bobhva on Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

December last year? $99? Well strike me dead, I paid full price of $399, December 31st I think. What part of December was this deal? Must have ended well before the end of December. I don't remember it ever being just $99...
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

benjamind wrote:December last year? $99? Well strike me dead, I paid full price of $399, December 31st I think. What part of December was this deal? Must have ended well before the end of December. I don't remember it ever being just $99...
That's almost certainly the upgrade price. Their promo text and images vary. I think that was only an upgrade promotion. If you had any other product you could get the collection for $299. This was an end of year/new year sale. I have emails from the first week in January.

Yo ARTURIA, waiting for your $99 upgrade price homies. V4 and V5 collection owner here, plus a couple of loose synths.

Is it just me or do any of you think the $150 price for any of the synths as stand alone deals is overpriced in today's market? I'd be tempted to buy one here and there @$80 or so. I think they could probably sell a lot more that way. I guess it does give the impression the V Collection is a better deal though.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote:Is it just me or do any of you think the $150 price for any of the synths as stand alone deals is overpriced in today's market? I'd be tempted to buy one here and there @$80 or so. I think they could probably sell a lot more that way. I guess it does give the impression the V Collection is a better deal though.
I didn't check all of them, but the DX7 V and CMI V are $99 each. I think that's a decent price.

Examigan wrote:
braj wrote:Is it just me or do any of you think the $150 price for any of the synths as stand alone deals is overpriced in today's market? I'd be tempted to buy one here and there @$80 or so. I think they could probably sell a lot more that way. I guess it does give the impression the V Collection is a better deal though.
I didn't check all of them, but the DX7 V and CMI V are $99 each. I think that's a decent price.
That's an intro sale price.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

I mentioned this on GS forum..

The update last night, for VC5 owners, includes software updates / bug fixes for most of the existing VC 5 instruments.
And.... the Analog Lab update includes presets for the new instruments:
Buchla Easel - 255 presets
CMI - 362 presets
DX7 - 432 presets
Clavinet - 74 presets

These presets for the new synths will hold me over until they drop to $99 for current owners. :) These (new instrument) presets are just excellent .. and pre-mapped to my Arturia Laboratory.. with great sonic control of the patches. Am able to save the patches, with my (macro-level / pre-mapped control) changes... pull them into Multis (which is fantastic - because there are some excellent pads/strings/etc in CMI and the others). I'd like to see the price drop to $99.. but am happy with the updates in AL for now. Also - as mentioned, there are a load of bug-fixes and enhancements to the existing instruments. https://www.arturia.com/products/v-collection/resources and look at what changes were implemented for existing versions.. and was impressed. There's just a lot of great stuff in the free update.

Go Arturia...

JDoo (No affiliation, your mileage may vary. Do not try this at home. Professional driver on a closed test track. )

braj wrote:
Examigan wrote:
That's an intro sale price.
Exactly. Well, I don't know, but, I don't pay that much for synths very often and never for the vast majority of vendors. I don't know if that means that it's out of step with the market though. It probably just means that I'm a cheap ass.

Return to “Instruments”