Arturia V Collection 6

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Buchla Easel V Clavinet V CMI V DX7 V

Franvu wrote:I am a little disappointed with the thread. A lot of complaint about the price but little information about the new instruments.
I just discovered how filter by instrument on Analog Lab 3. I thought it couldn't and I was going to complain too.
You can still complain, how about that upgrade price?

ghettosynth wrote:
Franvu wrote:I am a little disappointed with the thread. A lot of complaint about the price but little information about the new instruments.
I just discovered how filter by instrument on Analog Lab 3. I thought it couldn't and I was going to complain too.
You can still complain, how about that upgrade price?
199 for me (v4.1), I am not going to upgrade, but I think that is a fair price. :)

the only way I can be enticed into early-adoption is via legit, quantifiable benefits to my wallet (in the grand scheme of things) .... Arturia don't do that though. They actually appeal to my wallet at exactly the point of time that I would ordinarily start to consider buying a new software anyway - six months to a year after release.

so that's a big ole win for me.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote:
Daags wrote:the only way I can be enticed into early-adoption is via legit, quantifiable benefits to my wallet (in the grand scheme of things) .... Arturia don't do that though. They actually appeal to my wallet at exactly the point of time that I would ordinarily start to consider buying a new software anyway - six months to a year after release.

By then, the bugs will be ironed out too. :hihi: And I'll be spending the next six months learning other synths anyway. Win win.
Problem is, it's a win/lose for sound designers.

Yeah, we get it cheaper, but by the time we get it cheaper there will be tons of libraries out there. Jumping on V4 early last year was huge for me.

And yeah, as a businessman, I have to weigh paying the extra $100 against loss of revenue. Ironically, it might be better for me to get it now.

First world problems. lol

egbert101 wrote:
Daags wrote:the only way I can be enticed into early-adoption is via legit, quantifiable benefits to my wallet (in the grand scheme of things) .... Arturia don't do that though. They actually appeal to my wallet at exactly the point of time that I would ordinarily start to consider buying a new software anyway - six months to a year after release.

By then, the bugs will be ironed out too. :hihi: And I'll be spending the next six months learning other synths anyway. Win win.

heh, that's precisely the reason I don't early adopt ;)

wagtunes wrote:
egbert101 wrote:

Problem is, it's a win/lose for sound designers.
cry me a river.
wagtunes wrote: And yeah, as a businessman, I have to weigh paying the extra $100 against loss of revenue. Ironically, it might be better for me to get it now.
That's not irony, that's running a business 101.
Put your big boy pants on and upgrade ffs.

Even half deaf people could tell that the sound of their DX7-V is not the same as the real DX-7. It's ridiculous. Their synth sounds like a joke. :lol: But it's nicely drenched in a reverb... and we can't allow that on the real DX7, right? :hihi: It's so obvious, the marketing... terrible. You take your users for idiots? "If it looks like one, it's gotta sound like one"? :roll:

Can't you do anything properly Arturia? Maybe you should try hiring less GUI designers and more real audio DSP programmers. Then do a v7 with some really good emulated synths next year, just before x-mas, so all the half-deaf [but with good eyes] wannabes can buy your crappy synths. :tu:

And your plugins consume far more RAM and HD space than the Reaper DAW! Your one plugin consumes more resources than the whole DAW! :party: What are you programming with? PHP or JavaScript?? An interpreter that interprets to it to an interpreter that interprets it to an interpreter that interprets it to assembly? :clap: Well done. /sarc

Yes, I'm not thrilled with the v5 or v6, for that matter. All Arturia is doing is using same old crappy DSP with new GUIs. Honestly, to me all this sounds like a joke and the videos are a joke, too! :lol: Funny company. French humour at its best, I suppose? :lol:
Last edited by DuX on Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

The hardware's good :ud:

Yes, the hardware is good and well made. I give them that, absolutely. But the software is a big part of the equation in their offer. Huge part.

But hey, even the freeware Dexed sounds more like a real DX7! :lol:
Last edited by DuX on Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Maybe they should emulate their own synths ;)

modularg2 wrote:
hellomrbike wrote:On a related note: What is the name of the preset at the very beginning of Arturia's CMI overview video?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... _jrcEm5sXo

I thought it would have been one of the famous "orch" samples but none seem to fit the bill.
Listen “Owner of a lonely heart”
Yes album: 90125
This is the sound (I think) Yes used in their song.
https://soundcloud.com/examigan/owner-sound
Last edited by Examigan on Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I must admit, I was NOT impressed by their Rhodes or Wurlitzer E-Piano emulations.

Their Farfisa and Vox emulations are, on the other hand, exceptional.

Their B3 emulation is ok.

They have a lot of sound design possibilities which is what attracted me to their v5 bundle. They cover a wide range of old and new synths.
Little Black Dog - 2008-Present

thecontrolcentre wrote:Maybe they should emulate their own synths ;)
:lol: :clap:

Arturia, a piece of advice: find some people who can program DSP properly, ASAP!

Return to “Instruments”