Arturia V Collection 6

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Buchla Easel V Clavinet V CMI V DX7 V

One of the complaints I've heard is that some of the emulations (particularly the CS80 one) sound nothing like the originals. Is this true?

djshire wrote:One of the complaints I've heard is that some of the emulations (particularly the CS80 one) sound nothing like the originals. Is this true?

This is always the case with Arturia products. Although you can still have fun with them as they are.

Synclavier is probably the most closest since one of the original programmers helped create it using actual synclavier code.

I think the only products I'm interested in personally are the Synclavier and now the CMI. All the other stuff is kind of uninteresting since there are much better VA emulations out now.

Back in 2004-05 Arturia was cutting edge VA, but now a days not so much.

Still fun to own if you need different flavours of VA though. Still useable in a professional production.

On a different note, the Arturia servers must be getting hammered right now as I'm getting slow download speeds on the CMI V.
Last edited by V0RT3X on Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

The SEM was the first one that I thought was on a par with the best of the current stuff. The Matrix 12 is pretty good, I just don't like the filters that much. But, the Buchla is killer. It has a new type of modulator based placing gravitational bodies and obstacles on a screen. Lots of fun. And it sounds great. The CMI will be interesting to see if people take advantage of the sample import. On its own, I don't think it really shines. But, what you can do with sample stacking is really really cool and unique.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote:The SEM was the first one that I thought was on a par with the best of the current stuff. The Matrix 12 is pretty good, I just don't like the filters that much. But, the Buchla is killer. It has a new type of modulator based placing gravitational bodies and obstacles on a screen. Lots of fun. And it sounds great. The CMI will be interesting to see if people take advantage of the sample import. On its own, I don't think it really shines. But, what you can do with sample stacking is really really cool and unique.

The CMI V is also up against the much cheaper TAL Sampler for vintage sampling. I'm sure all the vintage sampler aficionados will do a VS thread somewhere.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Been buying the upgrades since V-Collection 3, but this isn't worth 200 euros for me, the only one I would want is the CMI V, so that's 99 euros on it's own,- no need to go for the upgrade.

That said, I don't think I will go for ANY upgrade in the range of 200 euros, 99 euros is manageable for me, but 200 is too much.

I already have so many plugins that it's not that necessary to pay extra just to have it in one package.

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

egbert101 wrote:99 Euros is the sweet spot for me to upgrade. Will probably have to wait a year though.

+1

It's a nice set of new instruments, but I have no urge to upgrade my v5 right away.

egbert101 wrote:
V0RT3X wrote:
The CMI V is also up against the much cheaper TAL Sampler for vintage sampling. I'm sure all the vintage sampler aficionados will do a VS thread somewhere.
I think the way sample bit rate works on the Fairlight is different to TAL-Sampler, so hopefully it retains that quirkiness (Aly James Labs was working on something similar). The spectral synthesizer functions/Wavetable features on the CMI V, and the sequencer, makes it a lovely addition for TAL-Sampler owners.

I wonder why Arturia didn't include the sampling in the Synclavier emulation. I wonder if they will upgrade that in the future?

I would have thought a lot of people would pay that upgrade price just for the Buchla or CMI if they were not part of a collection.

egbert101 wrote:
ENV1 wrote:Try this:

Run the CMI, type ARTURIA on the UI computer keyboard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOdjCb4LwQY
Youre saying it doesnt work?

Just in case it wasnt clear; you have to use the mouse on the CMIs computer keyboard, not type it on your real computer keyboard.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

egbert101 wrote:
ENV1 wrote: Just in case it wasnt clear; you have to use the mouse on the CMIs computer keyboard, not type it on your real computer keyboard.
I haven't downloaded the demo. What does it say?
Well somebody is saying something.

Its in french though, so i wouldnt know what.

Its an easter-egg of sorts.

(Wont say more because i dont want to spoil it for those who havent seen it yet.)

"Your princess is in another castle."

J/k :lol:

Return to “Instruments”