Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
egbert101
KVRian

1485 posts since 13 Jun, 2014

Postby egbert101; Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:18 pm If You Could Only Master One Soft Synth - Which Would It Be?

Interested in what the responses would be. Is the answer a no brainer or does it just give you the biggest headache ever? Out of all the various synthesizers, whether you own them or not, which one would you pick to master completely?

For me, it would probably be Absynth 5.

RESULTS SO FAR:

[8] Zebra 2

[6] Reaktor

[5] Falcon

[4] Absynth 5
[4] Omnisphere 2

[3] Bazille

[2] Alchemy
[2] Avenger
[2] Diva
[2] FM8
[2] Harmor

[1] Arcsyn
[1] CMI V
[1] Cobalt
[1] Dune 2
[1] Halion 6
[1] Hybrid 3
[1] Icarus
[1] JP6K
[1] Klopfgeist
[1] Kontakt
[1] Massive
[1] Matrix 12V
[1] Nave
[1] Neon
[1] Octopus
[1] One Ping Only
[1] Operator
[1] Phonem
[1] Sculpture
[1] Softube Modular
[1] Synthmaster
[1] Sytrus
[1] TAL Bassline
[1] The Knob
[1] This Plugin

Some clearly didn't understand the RULES :hihi: and the rules were strictly to pick only one, so I chose the one they seemed to pick first. Then we have the typical jokster posts which I ADDED :hihi:
Last edited by egbert101 on Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:44 am, edited 34 times in total.
Michael L
KVRAF

1823 posts since 25 Jan, 2014, from the End of the World as we Knowit

Postby Michael L; Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:20 pm Re: If You Could Only Master One Soft Synth - Which Would It Be?

Alchemy 1, no question. It goes where I want to go.
"As the artist goes deeper into his own thing, he learns what works and then needs fewer tools."
Zexila
KVRAF

2087 posts since 17 Mar, 2008

Postby Zexila; Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:29 pm Re: If You Could Only Master One Soft Synth - Which Would It Be?

Zebra most definitely.
Gearslutz is simply a far more expensive version of people arguing about nonsense. Incubus
Jafo
KVRAF

1789 posts since 20 Dec, 2002, from The Armpit of the Mitten in the Benighted States of Trumpistan

Postby Jafo; Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:35 pm Re: If You Could Only Master One Soft Synth - Which Would It Be?

Absynth or Reaktor. Sooo powerful, deep and flexible. :love:
Joy and kindness are acts of resistance -- fight the power!
masterhiggins
KVRAF

1674 posts since 30 Dec, 2004, from People's Republic of Minnesota

Postby masterhiggins; Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:35 pm Re: If You Could Only Master One Soft Synth - Which Would It Be?

TAL Bassline
braj
KVRAF

8396 posts since 4 Feb, 2004

Postby braj; Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:51 pm Re: If You Could Only Master One Soft Synth - Which Would It Be?

I don't own either, but I'd choose Zebra or Falcon maybe (as long as I can add sound libraries). Bless TAL Bassline's bleeping little LFO, but I'd want something with legs.
pdxindy
KVRAF

12564 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from in the wilds

Postby pdxindy; Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:17 pm Re: If You Could Only Master One Soft Synth - Which Would It Be?

egbert101 wrote:Interested in what the responses would be. Is the answer a no brainer or does it just give you the biggest headache ever? Out of all the various synthesizers, whether you own them or not, which one would you pick to master completely?

For me, it would probably be Absynth 5.

Not sure what master completely means... but at this point, I feel some mastery over multiple synths. Of the ones I don't yet... maybe Phonem - There is a lot of potential there waiting to be discovered.
felis
KVRist

197 posts since 25 Jul, 2009

Postby felis; Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:07 pm Re: If You Could Only Master One Soft Synth - Which Would It Be?

Reaktor
Echoes in the Attic
KVRAF

5547 posts since 12 May, 2008

Postby Echoes in the Attic; Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:14 pm Re: If You Could Only Master One Soft Synth - Which Would It Be?

The TB-303. Kidding.

I'd say Reaktor but maybe that's a bit of a cheat. I would take a leap of faith and say Zebra3 when it's out.

For things that are out now, maybe Harmor actually. The thing is amazing but confuses the hell out of me. Mastering that seems like it would be useful.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.
foosnark
KVRAF

4096 posts since 9 Jan, 2003, from Saint Louis MO

Postby foosnark; Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:44 pm Re: If You Could Only Master One Soft Synth - Which Would It Be?

Seems like cheating to say Reaktor. [Edit: I wrote that before seeing the previous post, heh.] I don't really enjoy using it, but maybe I would if I took the time to master it? :shrug:

Maybe Buchla Easel V, because its weirdness is calling to me. Or FM8 because it seems like it has way more potential than anyone will ever get out of it.
goldenhelix
KVRist

183 posts since 19 Apr, 2011

Postby goldenhelix; Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:50 pm Re: If You Could Only Master One Soft Synth - Which Would It Be?

foosnark wrote:Seems like cheating to say Reaktor. [Edit: I wrote that before seeing the previous post, heh.] I don't really enjoy using it, but maybe I would if I took the time to master it? :shrug:

Maybe Buchla Easel V, because its weirdness is calling to me. Or FM8 because it seems like it has way more potential than anyone will ever get out of it.

FM8 is still totally relevant after all these years and is probably the best synth NI has produced (with the possible exception of Absynth). It's undoubtedly the synthesis tool that I've gotten the most use out of and while I don't know about "mastered", I think I have a better than average understanding of it.
keyman_sam
KVRAF

3967 posts since 7 Mar, 2005

Postby keyman_sam; Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:06 pm Re: If You Could Only Master One Soft Synth - Which Would It Be?

Massive. Still holds its own after all these years.
stillshaded
KVRian

658 posts since 18 Apr, 2011

Postby stillshaded; Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:35 pm Re: If You Could Only Master One Soft Synth - Which Would It Be?

Harmor..

that shit is insane
3ee
KVRAF

3563 posts since 8 Mar, 2006

Postby 3ee; Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:41 pm Re: If You Could Only Master One Soft Synth - Which Would It Be?

Zebra (3 :D)
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments