Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
EnGee
KVRAF

4152 posts since 7 Oct, 2005, from Auckland - NZ

Postby EnGee; Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:15 am Re: KVR is taunting me with The Legend

braj wrote:Children, protect your brains and nervous system, because damaging it can really impact your ability to buy more synthesizers :hihi:

:hihi:
In my case, don't smoke! Stay away, far far away and just give it up! You can then buy all the soft synths in the world like I'm doing now! :hihi:

Windows 10 PC/ Nektar LX25+/ Waldorf blofeld/ Casio PX-5S/ Yamaha HS7 as monitors.
Cubase 9/ Reaper 5/ FL Studio 12 with synths/instruments/effects mainly from u-he, Air, NI, Steinberg, Sonivox and Synapse Audio.
braj
KVRAF

8396 posts since 4 Feb, 2004

Postby braj; Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:18 am Re: KVR is taunting me with The Legend

EnGee wrote:
braj wrote:Children, protect your brains and nervous system, because damaging it can really impact your ability to buy more synthesizers :hihi:

:hihi:
In my case, don't smoke! Stay away, far far away and just give it up! You can then buy all the soft synths in the world like I'm doing now! :hihi:

I was smoking once but I was playing guitar at the time. :band2:
EnGee
KVRAF

Postby EnGee; Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:00 am Re: KVR is taunting me with The Legend

braj wrote:

Well, we can try changing the subject, but I still see the Legend's ad on the top right calling you! :hihi:

Windows 10 PC/ Nektar LX25+/ Waldorf blofeld/ Casio PX-5S/ Yamaha HS7 as monitors.
Cubase 9/ Reaper 5/ FL Studio 12 with synths/instruments/effects mainly from u-he, Air, NI, Steinberg, Sonivox and Synapse Audio.
braj
KVRAF

Postby braj; Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:03 am Re: KVR is taunting me with The Legend

EnGee wrote:
braj wrote:

Well, we can try changing the subject, but I still see the Legend's ad on the top right calling you! :hihi:

Dagnabit!
nj
KVRist

110 posts since 30 Dec, 2004, from London, UK

Postby nj; Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:39 am Re: KVR is taunting me with The Legend

The ad doesn't appear on my iphone. Maybe you should browse kvr on your phone instead of your laptop/desktop :hihi:
braj
KVRAF

Postby braj; Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:41 am Re: KVR is taunting me with The Legend

nj wrote:The ad doesn't appear on my iphone. Maybe you should browse kvr on your phone instead of your laptop/desktop :hihi:

It appears on my phone too, it is because KVR knows I want it :hihi:
egbert101
KVRian

1485 posts since 13 Jun, 2014

Postby egbert101; Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:48 am Re: KVR is taunting me with The Legend

If you have Diva, Mini V, Monark, or MiniMonsta then you don't really need The Legend. Sure you may want it because GAS, but unless there's a good reason to buy it (like a sale) then avoid.
AnX
KVRAF

2165 posts since 17 Nov, 2015

Postby AnX; Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:52 am Re: KVR is taunting me with The Legend

egbert101 wrote:If you have Diva, Mini V, Monark, or MiniMonsta then you don't really need The Legend. Sure you may want it because GAS, but unless there's a good reason to buy it (like a sale) then avoid.

I have all those. Legend is still the best MM emulation.
egbert101
KVRian

1485 posts since 13 Jun, 2014

Postby egbert101; Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:59 am Re: KVR is taunting me with The Legend

AnX wrote:I have all those. Legend is still the best MM emulation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fWxCIi5PIw
braj
KVRAF

Postby braj; Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:20 am Re: KVR is taunting me with The Legend

I sold Diva a while ago to finance something else, not my best decision ever, but The Legend is just more focused on that Moog sound. Plus buying Diva again would cost even more, though I would love to get a license again. I have the free Mini V Arturia gave out years ago, and unless they drastically improved its sound, it is not even in the running. I don't have the other two. And I can get very close with other synths, so it isn't a pressing need. Spring sounds a fine time to get it to me.
EnGee
KVRAF

Postby EnGee; Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:28 am Re: KVR is taunting me with The Legend

Since I bought the Legend I haven't bothered with Monark. I like the Legend much more :)
Diva is for other sounds than the Minimoog for me.

fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

10118 posts since 5 Jun, 2012, from Portugal

Postby fluffy_little_something; Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:14 am Re: KVR is taunting me with The Legend

braj wrote:Yeah, I think it will have to wait for me. Maybe I'll be able to scrape together funds by Summer. I'm on a $60 a month hobby budget. $99 is a good price already, I'm just not wealthy and have sold everything I can sell already. I honestly would rather buy it new though to support development, but I'll probably have to find it used.

When you have so little or no money, setting the right priorities is key. While Legend sounds nice, I would never spend my last dime on it. After a couple of days of testing the demo version, its limitations simply far outweighed its sound quality, and I uninstalled it.
EnGee
KVRAF

Postby EnGee; Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:34 am Re: KVR is taunting me with The Legend

fluffy_little_something wrote:
braj wrote:Yeah, I think it will have to wait for me. Maybe I'll be able to scrape together funds by Summer. I'm on a $60 a month hobby budget. $99 is a good price already, I'm just not wealthy and have sold everything I can sell already. I honestly would rather buy it new though to support development, but I'll probably have to find it used.

When you have so little or no money, setting the right priorities is key. While Legend sounds nice, I would never spend my last dime on it. After a couple of days of testing the demo version, its limitations simply far outweighed its sound quality, and I uninstalled it.

What limitations?

V0RT3X
KVRAF

6692 posts since 3 Jul, 2012, from Canada

Postby V0RT3X; Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:37 am Re: KVR is taunting me with The Legend

nj wrote:The ad doesn't appear on my iphone. Maybe you should browse kvr on your phone instead of your laptop/desktop :hihi:

Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 9.36.45 AM.png

Fixed that for you phone users.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KVR caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 015f:bff7b997.
chk071
KVRAF

13811 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:41 am Re: KVR is taunting me with The Legend

braj wrote:It just keeps it up in the margins, staring at me, me staring at it longingly. I even tried the demo today. I am being sucked in. Does Synapse Audio ever have sales? I'm broke until sometime in February though :cry:

They had a end of the year sale last year. ;)

You're right though. Dune 2 and The Legend are shown in the "Featured" frame on KVR the whole time. Wonder why.
Good synths don't have a sweet spot. They ARE the sweet spot.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments