KVR is taunting me with The Legend

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend

99 USD = 83.97 EURO
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

chk071 wrote:
braj wrote:It just keeps it up in the margins, staring at me, me staring at it longingly. I even tried the demo today. I am being sucked in. Does Synapse Audio ever have sales? I'm broke until sometime in February though :cry:
They had a end of the year sale last year. ;)

You're right though. Dune 2 and The Legend are shown in the "Featured" frame on KVR the whole time. Wonder why.
Because Synapse pay for it to be there.

EnGee wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote: When you have so little or no money, setting the right priorities is key. While Legend sounds nice, I would never spend my last dime on it. After a couple of days of testing the demo version, its limitations simply far outweighed its sound quality, and I uninstalled it.
What limitations?
Well, no mod matrix, just 4 voices in poly mode, just basic filter tracking options, no PWM, no additional envelopes and LFO's etc. (I know, the original didn't have that either.)
I guess I am simply spoiled by other synths by now :D

And the sound as such is rather specific, after all, it is a Minimoog emulation :) But I don't really like its sound character for pads for instance. It is great for synth bass sounds of course, but the sound quality bonus is not big enough for me. I can get very similar sounds with other synths as well. Similar enough for my needs, anyway. I think I am just not interested enough in perfect emulations, which I take it Legend is.

fluffy_little_something wrote:
EnGee wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote: When you have so little or no money, setting the right priorities is key. While Legend sounds nice, I would never spend my last dime on it. After a couple of days of testing the demo version, its limitations simply far outweighed its sound quality, and I uninstalled it.
What limitations?
Well, no mod matrix, just 4 voices in poly mode, just basic filter tracking options, no PWM, no additional envelopes and LFO's etc. (I know, the original didn't have that either.)
I guess I am simply spoiled by other synths by now :D

And the sound as such is rather specific, after all, it is a Minimoog emulation :) But I don't really like its sound character for pads for instance. It is great for synth bass sounds of course, but the sound quality bonus is not big enough for me. I can get very similar sounds with other synths as well. Similar enough for my needs, anyway. I think I am just not interested enough in perfect emulations, which I take it Legend is.
You are right if you want it to be your only synth, but IMO it's not designed for this purpose.

I'm trying to make a new track using only two synths (besides drums) and I believe they can be the ideal minimum setup for me. One of them is the Legend. The other is FM8. I think such combo surpasses any one synth only setup.

Yes, probably a good tandem that covers a lot of ground. Do you use them in a complimentary way or layered?

fluffy_little_something wrote:Yes, probably a good tandem that covers a lot of ground. Do you use them in a complimentary way or layered?
No, not layered, but they could share the same keys at the same time for a while (played independently though).

I agree. As a do it all synth, the Legend doesn't fit the bill. So if you're on a limited budget and can only afford one synth, this isn't the one to get. For that matter, as far as being able to cover the bases, get Synth1 and be done with it. A few decent FX and you can make all the music you want at probably under $100.

What you've seen can not be unseen. Buy it.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Nielzie wrote:What you've seen can not be unseen. Buy it.
:hihi:

And just FWIW, this wouldn't be my only synth, so its limitations don't concern me. I want the authenticity of the sound, and it's limitations there actually do help, because I don't need to modulate everything everywhere to get it to sound like 1973, doing that would not be a good thing actually. And a lot of the time I play synths in isolation, so the subtleties are important, they aren't lost in some thick mix.

Anyhow, I have my GAS kind of subdued, I am running it in mono in Reaper to minimize the demo limitations and using external effects to add some spacial dimension back. I can't save presets or anything, it isn't going to be used in anything, but I can enjoy demoing it for a long while until I can scrape up the money to buy it. I'm looking at my BCR2000 right now thinking maybe that needs to go ;) and I have a kidney that doesn't seem so necessary.

BTW, I see the ad all the time because it might just be the only item in my MyKVR favorites. I don't really mind :wink:

This is probably the only synth on my buy list anyway, I think I have most everything else I want covered now.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

You know your staff ;)

Keeping the demo would certainly calm the GAS, but I'm seeing you selling your kidney for it at Christmas :hihi:

Aloysius wrote:Image

Looks beautiful. :hyper:
Still looks beautiful!
And it‘s singing: Buy me, buy me, you cool cocky genius! I‘m yours if you can affort it, can‘t you?
:phones: :party:

I don't remember the demo, are the waveform knobs continuous or do they only select one of those 7 waveforms?

fluffy_little_something wrote:I don't remember the demo, are the waveform knobs continuous or do they only select one of those 7 waveforms?
Not continuous.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

braj wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:I don't remember the demo, are the waveform knobs continuous or do they only select one of those 7 waveforms?
Not continuous.
Hey, you‘re so technical!
It‘s all about wooing... :love:

martinjuenke wrote:
braj wrote:
Not continuous.
Hey, you‘re so technical!
It‘s all about wooing... :love:
IMO they just need to play with the demo to be woo'd. If they are in the market for a straight Minimoog emulation, they will be in love. :hug:

Return to “Instruments”