MASSIVE or THORN bit confused which one should i get for bass music??

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

before you guys sart this whole thread on saying " 'x'is better than 'Y' because it has 'Z' " will that feature help me in making bass music??
i want to make bass music after making shit ton of ambient.loved music from artist like excision and code pandorum
so please keep that in mind
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

massive but why not buy serum? or MPs

Apratim wrote:before you guys sart this whole thread on saying " 'x'is better than 'Y' because it has 'Z' " will that feature help me in making bass music??
i want to make bass music after making shit ton of ambient.loved music from artist like excision and code pandorum
so please keep that in mind
I'd say the FX treatment of the bass (no matter where it comes from or what synth you use) is the key to success*.

edit: deleted the last remark after reading your demand.
edit2: inappropiate smiley
Last edited by elassi on Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kokotte wrote:massive but why not buy serum? or MPs
1.its quite cpu intensive (5.8 % cpu hit in singel instance with 6 unisono)
2.personally kinda hate it
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Apratim wrote:
Valid, but on my system, massive is a cpu hog

massive fm8 operator sytrus serum....a fm synth with a lot of post process could be great

kokotte wrote:
Apratim wrote:
Valid, but on my system, massive is a cpu hog
mind = blown
idk when i was using 1.4.1 of massive (i know 1.5.1 is released but NI is providing massive demo of that version only )it was quite less than serum's demo which i was demoing

What is bass music? 8)

fluffy_little_something wrote:What is bass music? 8)
what excision and datsik and code make
i think its called brostep and robostep(i think these are sub of dubstep )

It really doesn't matter which one you get, they will both do what you want. Massive has been used for years in that scene so if you want to copy a really established sound then get that. It's also really easy on the CPU these days and is honestly probably still one of the best synths out there. Thorn will probably give you a more modern sound, but it's much harder on the CPU. You pretty much can't go wrong with either of them. If you have a decent PC though I would get Thorn (if the intro price is still going) as it's a no brainer at that price.

skyscape wrote:It really doesn't matter which one you get, they will both do what you want. Massive has been used for years in that scene so if you want to copy a really established sound then get that. It's also really easy on the CPU these days and is honestly probably still one of the best synths out there. Thorn will probably give you a more modern sound, but it's much harder on the CPU. You pretty much can't go wrong with either of them. If you have a decent PC though I would get Thorn (if the intro price is still going) as it's a no brainer at that price.
thanks man that helped a lot and yup the intro is still going on

I prefer the clarity and character of Thorn
Thorn is possibly more inviting to program, but Massive has a billion commercial preset banks available, if that's a concern.

I prefer Thorn over Massive but I think Massive will suit you better.

I agree that both Thorn and Massive both could do a good job. For the first time ever I opened Youtube to listen to Brostep :D There is one feature in Thorn I do like a lot, and that might benefit you. It has a sequencer that can work as a gate or as a normal sequencer. For all that wubby stuff it's easier to make tempo synced wubs.

I have both Massive and Thorn and I love them both.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Massive is pretty good for this stuff, definitely one of my favourites. I hope NI comes out with version 2.0 soon.

https://soundcloud.com/asl-soundlab/asl ... bstep-bass
https://soundcloud.com/asl-soundlab/aut ... vol-3-demo

You probably will want to get Ohmicide to process some of those sounds even more. :tu: https://www.ohmforce.com/ViewProduct.do?p=Ohmicide

Also don't forget about FM8 :borg:
https://soundcloud.com/sevinkroff/rando ... ubstep-dro

https://soundcloud.com/recordingessenti ... fm8-preset
:borg:

Return to “Instruments”