New synth: Aparillo by Sugar Bytes

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Aparillo

DrFolder wrote:
Daags wrote:anyone been in touch with Sugar Bytes support recently ? waiting to hear back from them...
I did yesterday. They replied in 30mins approx. Being the holiday season they might be on skeleton staff.
I got a reply about an hour after contacting them.

wagtunes wrote:
elassi wrote:
Cinebient wrote:the more i play with it the more this harshness comes along
Isn't it a typical experience with any FM config (synth) when modulation is pushed too excessive? I mean, that kind of synthesis doesn't reward random happy&heavy tweaking.
I got some really nice, mellow, ambient sounds out of this thing. You have to know how to treat it.

^ This! ^

As I wrote earlier: from chaos -> melody -> chaos, etc. with just the flick of a finger. :love:

OTOH Don't care about maybe being 'unmusical'. There are tons of other synths that do 'musical'.
This one's for experimental, ambient and soundscapes. That's a different universe!

(At least it's not that harsh as Enzyme! :eek: :hihi:)

Only one wish: to be able to record/automate the rotation of the 'orbit space' (other than just X/Y movement)

progtronic wrote:
deastman wrote:
Yes, you HAVE to get this one. I freakin love it! :party:
Yeah...

I was considering the Zero-G Cinematic Solutions Collection at audioplugin.deals for $99.. but Aparillo just makes more sense, for the same money. :borg:
I am also looking for both, but since Aparillo is not on sale for now, I decided to get Zero-G Cinematic Solutions Collection, which is on sale for a limited time. It's really great. I will surely get Aparillo later at some point.

thecontrolcentre wrote:
DrFolder wrote:
Daags wrote:anyone been in touch with Sugar Bytes support recently ? waiting to hear back from them...
I did yesterday. They replied in 30mins approx. Being the holiday season they might be on skeleton staff.
gottverdammt!

Daags wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:
DrFolder wrote:
gottverdammt!
Und solche Ausdrücke an Weihnachten! :hyper:

Hi Daags,

I'm really sorry to hear this! Unfortunately, it's unclear what exactly went wrong here but obviously our contact form on Sugar Bytes’ webpage sometimes does not work properly. Usually, you will receive an answer within 24 hours. Please directly write to support(at)sugar-bytes.de and I will get back to you asap.

Best,
Nadine

I can vouch for that, I have never waited for more than a couple of hours, even on weekends. Sugar-Bytes (and Nadine specifically) have top notch support.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Same here, fast effective help. Caught me by surprise, after watching multiple topics
of a competing product's issues go ignored for weeks. :dog:
Cheers

Yeah, there support rocks and has been lightning fast as far as I'm concerned!

Go to the Sugar Bytes website. Search for their email address. Can't find it. Go to support page. Still no sign of email address. Fill in support form. No reply. Days pass by. Turns out the best way to contact support is by email, since the webpage support form 'sometimes does not work properly'. Hardly surprising, email was my first choice .... but Sugar Bytes don't publish their email address on their website.

I suppose I should have tried guessing the email address ? Or asked around at forums ?

Anyway, protip for 2018: publish your email address on your website. Ideally in multiple, easy to find locations.

thecontrolcentre wrote:I was hoping for an experimental synth that sounds good ... this isn't it.
Agreed... and for those who say it is not for musical sounds but for soundscapes, I have yet to hear a demo that was an interesting soundscape either.

(Sigh..!) Some people seems to be deliberately gunning for this synth to slam it where-ever they can! :(

As I said in the other thread:

I can assure you that it's very well possible (and easy) to make beautiful smooth sounds with Aparillo! :) I love it! :love:

Daags wrote:Go to the Sugar Bytes website. Search for their email address. Can't find it. Go to support page. Still no sign of email address. Fill in support form. No reply. Days pass by. Turns out the best way to contact support is by email, since the webpage support form 'sometimes does not work properly'. Hardly surprising, email was my first choice .... but Sugar Bytes don't publish their email address on their website.

I suppose I should have tried guessing the email address ? Or asked around at forums ?

Anyway, protip for 2018: publish your email address on your website. Ideally in multiple, easy to find locations.
Hi Daags,

that's really strange, did you directly write to support(at)sugar-bytes.de ?
If yes, could you possibly write me a PM?
Or maybe try to send an email from an alternative email address or check for a way to whitelist sugar-bytes.de which hopefully avoids any trouble receiving emails in the future.

Anyway, whether plain text or a mailto link, if your email address appears on your website it will be picked up by spam-bots that scour websites looking for email addresses. There are ways our web designer can go some way to disguising our email address from these spam-bots, but they’re not all that effective, as the people who program the spam bots are always one step ahead. ;-)
Hope for your understanding.

Best,
Nadine

ZeePok wrote: 
(Sigh..!) Some people seems to be deliberately gunning for this synth to slam it where-ever they can! :(

As I said in the other thread:

I can assure you that it's very well possible (and easy) to make beautiful smooth sounds with Aparillo! :) I love it! :love:
Let's hear some of those sounds then!! :wink:

Whoa, it's a really nice instrument,
the concept is really Fresh !
it doesn't have the analog sound of Diva but the seq capacity are superb.
the best concept of the year !
the unison engine, the shift quantizer, the arp/vca...a little modular, not so little but a lot more easy to manage.
i hope, an Aparillo XL will see the light one day,
with more sound generation capacity and more lfo, fx, bigger ui...
Sugar Bytes, Thanks, a must buy on my list. :clap:

Return to “Instruments”