New synth: Aparillo by Sugar Bytes

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Aparillo

Experiencing some missed notes in FL Studio, both in the piano roll and the sequencer. Not sure if it's FL or Aparillo.

Anyone else notice?

Sugar Bytes wrote:
Sound Author wrote:Too much flexibility can be a huge burden. What I love about Aparillo is how it lets me experiment while I get in and get out. The simplicity of it, with just the right combination of modulations and the ability to morph between those modulations, is what makes it so wonderfully original.
you get the point :) plus a bit of westcoast mindset, where man and machine are symbiotic, creating something new together.
This sounds good to me, just so long as you guys programmed the red light to turn on, once the machines take over. Very important that red light is, unless you're in Amsterdam and then it'd just be confusing.

Sound Author wrote:Experiencing some missed notes in FL Studio, both in the piano roll and the sequencer. Not sure if it's FL or Aparillo.

Anyone else notice?
No, but I can check later. Is it patch specific?

elxsound wrote:
Sugar Bytes wrote:
Sound Author wrote:Too much flexibility can be a huge burden. What I love about Aparillo is how it lets me experiment while I get in and get out. The simplicity of it, with just the right combination of modulations and the ability to morph between those modulations, is what makes it so wonderfully original.
you get the point :) plus a bit of westcoast mindset, where man and machine are symbiotic, creating something new together.
This sounds good to me, just so long as you guys programmed the red light to turn on, once the machines take over. Very important that red light is, unless you're in Amsterdam and then it'd just be confusing.
:hihi:
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

elxsound wrote:
Sugar Bytes wrote:
There are some more confusing things in Amsterdam, as far as I heard... :party:

I've been trying to record a loop in the Orbiter page with the X and Y axis automated by a couple external LFOs. I thought it would be cool to create an extra "Init" patch with the Orbiter looping in a perfect circle. Unfortunately, when I disconnect those LFOs from both the X and Y axis, obviously nothing has been recorded. I've tried recording with FL's Peak Controller and Ableton's Max 4 Live Essentials LFO, both internally and directly with Aparillo's MIDI learn buttons. No dice. I guess Aparillo's Orbiter only records mouse gestures?

Also, my Orbiter page now looks like this and I have to toggle the objects to get it back to normal...

Sound Author wrote:I've been trying to record a loop in the Orbiter page with the X and Y axis automated by a couple external LFOs. I thought it would be cool to create an extra "Init" patch with the Orbiter looping in a perfect circle. Unfortunately, when I disconnect those LFOs from both the X and Y axis, obviously nothing has been recorded. I've tried recording with FL's Peak Controller and Ableton's Max 4 Live Essentials LFO, both internally and directly with Aparillo's MIDI learn buttons. No dice. I guess Aparillo's Orbiter only records mouse gestures?

Also, my Orbiter page now looks like this and I have to toggle the objects to get it back to normal...
-we need the mouse-down for orbiter recording, at the moment there seems to be no way to emulate the click from external automation data.
but for the sake of beauty, creating geometric orbiter movements seems worth to be put in the FR list.
-hit „initialize objects“ in the random/init menu to have them sorted again.

^ Oh yes, to be able to have perfect circles and figure 8 patterns swirling about on the Orbiter page would be wonderful :)

Sound Author wrote:^ Oh yes, to be able to have perfect circles and figure 8 patterns swirling about on the Orbiter page would be wonderful :)
ZANG!

Feature request: I am setting up some CC assignments to control Aparillo. Everything is working well, and I like that I can have CC assignment sets that I can save and load. I would really like to be able to specify a default CC set that would be loaded automatically when I instantiate Aparillo. Just a field in the About Screen that would let me pick a CC set from my folder and choose it to load automatically. There is an easy work around, but this would be nice.
Thanks for such a great synth!
2020 iMac 27" 10 Core, OS 12.6.6, iConnectAudio2+, iConnectMidi4+, Novation SL MKIII, Push 2, Ableton Live, VCV Rack Pro 2, Bitwig Studio

Oh, found some problem it seems, reproduce in Studio one v3 at least.
If use some Aparillo presets, after re-load S1 project plugin can be load with no sound, and even will be not available to switch presets though presets titles will be change, but synth settings will stay the same, and still no sound (as well Orbit becomes inactive). And then helps only remove plugin track and load another Aparillo instance.
Name such preset for reproduce as example - Pad\3.Cell Division EV

Win7 64bit \ S1 v3 64bit \ Aparillo v101

(Check in Ableton - all ok)

c_voltage wrote:Oh, found some problem it seems, reproduce in Studio one v3 at least.
If use some Aparillo presets, after re-load S1 project plugin can be load with no sound, and even will be not available to switch presets though presets titles will be change, but synth settings will stay the same, and still no sound (as well Orbit becomes inactive). And then helps only remove plugin track and load another Aparillo instance.
Name such preset for reproduce as example - Pad\3.Cell Division EV

Win7 64bit \ S1 v3 64bit \ Aparillo v101

(Check in Ableton - all ok)
Can confirm (S1v3).. just had this happen.

Had to delete the instrument and track, and reconstruct.. to get it working again.

Also.. had a bug, where the Amp Envelope began looping, and was just stuck like that.. with no way to stop it. Thought there might be an envelope 'one shot' or 'loop' function I was unaware of. Adjusting the Decay sped up or slowed down the looping effect. Once again, had to delete the instrument and track and reconstruct, to fix it. This might be a cool addition actually, to both envelopes.. with an option to tempo sync them at a variety of loop rates.

Also wondering.. is there is a way to set a fully closed Cutoff Filter? It seems the filter is just short of being able to fully close, and there is always some signal getting through.

progtronic Thank you for confirm.

elxsound wrote:
Sugar Bytes wrote:
Someone actually credited me on Wikipedia for that as the 4th law of robotics based on my signature here. :lol:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Not sure if this FR has popped up yet, but the ability to modulate the Arp Env Decay Time would be really cool. It's fun to go from windchimey long decay to very short "clunky" sounds.

Return to “Instruments”