u-he Repro (Repro-1 & Repro-5) released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

thecontrolcentre wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
I come off all cocky when I'm really just a nobody.
I get very defensive.
I get annoyed very easily when software doesn't work right.
Poor purchasing experiences drive me crazy.
I always look for excuses not to do something because I'm lazy.
I can't work with others at all.

You could use that in a rap ... :ud: :tu:
Yeah, but I hate rap.

Please forgive, but is there any reason to use Repro-1 now that Repro-5 is released, even for mono synths? I know Repro-1 is mono, and Repro-5 is polyphonic, but was curious if the sound of a monophonic lead in Repro-1 sounds the same in Repro-5?

The FX are different.

Hello Urs and Co,

is it possible that you add multiple outputs for routing the dsp into it, e.g. reverb and delay?

Also a pre-fx-panning would be helpful to separate fx from dry signal for mixing purposes (this would be obsolete of course if there were multi outs available).

Thanks for consideration.

InsertNameHere wrote:Please forgive, but is there any reason to use Repro-1 now that Repro-5 is released, even for mono synths? I know Repro-1 is mono, and Repro-5 is polyphonic, but was curious if the sound of a monophonic lead in Repro-1 sounds the same in Repro-5?
They sound different. That’s why you get two different synths and not just a polyphonic Pro1.
There may be some middle ground but besides the obvious stuff like polyphony, unison and the sequencer, parameter ranges, osc shapes and some other stuff are different.

FWIW I also use Repro-1 when I know I just want mono and want to restrain the CPU use. It also is more aimed at lead and bass, and has the sequencer and different effects. They definitely sound related, but they aren't the same, both are wonderful.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Acid Mitch wrote:
InsertNameHere wrote:Please forgive, but is there any reason to use Repro-1 now that Repro-5 is released, even for mono synths? I know Repro-1 is mono, and Repro-5 is polyphonic, but was curious if the sound of a monophonic lead in Repro-1 sounds the same in Repro-5?
They sound different. That’s why you get two different synths and not just a polyphonic Pro1.
There may be some middle ground but besides the obvious stuff like polyphony, unison and the sequencer, parameter ranges, osc shapes and some other stuff are different.
One can, however, change some of those settings on the under the hood page or whatever it is called, i.e. Repro 5 properties in Repro 1, or the other way round, don't remember.

Not sure if there's another, newer thread but anyway...

Is there a way to generate (or simulate) a random LFO in Repro1? I'd like to assign a random LFO to the filter cutoff. Possible?
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:01 pm Not sure if there's another, newer thread but anyway...

Is there a way to generate (or simulate) a random LFO in Repro1? I'd like to assign a random LFO to the filter cutoff. Possible?
Stretching my knowledge: The recent beta/RC of Repro 1.1.1 has Hive-style modifiers for the ModMatrix. If you use a fast looping AR Envelope (in JAWs) as source and LFO as source for Sample & Hold (right-click) you pretty much get a random S&H LFO. Use right-click and slew to taste.

Urs wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:10 pm
Mushy Mushy wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:01 pm Not sure if there's another, newer thread but anyway...

Stretching my knowledge: The recent beta/RC of Repro 1.1.1 has Hive-style modifiers for the ModMatrix. If you use a fast looping AR Envelope (in JAWs) as source and LFO as source for Sample & Hold (right-click) you pretty much get a random S&H LFO. Use right-click and slew to taste.
Now that's (prompt) service :tu:

Trying it out now 8) Thanks!

These is a new Repro beta?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

@electro : look here, i searched for them too ^^
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=536566

Yes. For recent beta of Repro-1 only…
* Use "LFO" (triangle) as your modulation source and set "Phase" (should actually read "Clock Phase") as the S&H trigger.
* Rectify "full wave+".
* Don't switch on the sequencer (!), but adjust CLOCK and LFO rates until you find a quasi-random sweet spot.

Howard wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:04 am
Yes. For recent beta of Repro-1 only…
* Use "LFO" (triangle) as your modulation source and set "Phase" (should actually read "Clock Phase") as the S&H trigger.
* Rectify "full wave+".
* Don't switch on the sequencer (!), but adjust CLOCK and LFO rates until you find a quasi-random sweet spot.
Awesome, thanks man. Will try tonight :tu:

Return to “Instruments”