Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
User avatar
sinemotor
KVRist
 
105 posts since 24 Dec, 2015

Postby sinemotor; Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:11 am Korg updates its Legacy Collection with a new Arp Odyssey emulation

Image

The software includes the 3 different filters originating from the different dates of production and the drive circuitry which were features of the hardware ARP ODYSSEY brought back by KORG. It has also been newly equipped with the long-awaited Voice Assign Mode which makes chord playing possible, an arpeggiator which can be minutely programmed as with a sequencer, and an effects unit which can bring variegated transformations to your sound. Also, you can switch between the three designs of ARP Odyssey which are different based on the date of production. In addition to the Rev3’s iconic black panel with orange silk-screening, you can get the Rev1’s white panel and the Rev2’s black panel with gold silk-screening.


http://www.korg.com/us/products/software/korg_collection/lineup.php

introductory price : $69.99 until January 31st, 2018.
Last edited by sinemotor on Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
zvenx
KVRAF
 
6233 posts since 16 Feb, 2005, from Kingston, Jamaica

Postby zvenx; Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:15 am Re: Korg updates its Legacy Collection with a new Arp Odyssey emulation

sinemotor wrote:Image

The software includes the 3 different filters originating from the different dates of production and the drive circuitry which were features of the hardware ARP ODYSSEY brought back by KORG. It has also been newly equipped with the long-awaited Voice Assign Mode which makes chord playing possible, an arpeggiator which can be minutely programmed as with a sequencer, and an effects unit which can bring variegated transformations to your sound. Also, you can switch between the three designs of ARP Odyssey which are different based on the date of production. In addition to the Rev3’s iconic black panel with orange silk-screening, you can get the Rev1’s white panel and the Rev2’s black panel with gold silk-screening.


http://www.korg.com/us/products/software/korg_collection/lineup.php


Nice..
thanks
rsp
User avatar
aMUSEd
KVRAF
 
29417 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:15 am Re: Korg updates its Legacy Collection with a new Arp Odyssey emulation

In case anyone else who is an existing KLC owner is stumped how to upgrade I worked out (since it isn't that clear) that first you need to go to your old Korg User account and get the upgrade coupon that should be there, then setup a new user account (Korg ID) and use the coupon to purchase the upgrade

Also migrate your old account using the migration coupons
User avatar
zvenx
KVRAF
 
6233 posts since 16 Feb, 2005, from Kingston, Jamaica

Postby zvenx; Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:19 am Re: Korg updates its Legacy Collection with a new Arp Odyssey emulation

aMUSEd wrote:In case anyone else who is an existing KLC owner is stumped how to upgrade I worked out (since it isn't that clear) that first you need to go to your old Korg User account and get the upgrade coupon that should be there, then setup a new user account (Korg ID) and use the coupon to purchase the upgrade

Also migrate your old account using the migration coupons


Ahh fantastic.
thanks
rsp
Hanz Meyzer
KVRian
 
719 posts since 20 Oct, 2014

Postby Hanz Meyzer; Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:19 am Re: Korg updates its Legacy Collection with a new Arp Odyssey emulation

Wow, and a 4K gui, finally! I hope they will update the old plugins for 4k, too?
User avatar
aMUSEd
KVRAF
 
29417 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:22 am Re: Korg updates its Legacy Collection with a new Arp Odyssey emulation

Hanz Meyzer wrote:Wow, and a 4K gui, finally! I hope they will update the old plugins for 4k, too?


You would think so but I'm not so sure they have - just received links to the installers - we'll see :)
User avatar
EvilDragon
KVRAF
 
16273 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:31 am Re: Korg updates its Legacy Collection with a new Arp Odyssey emulation

Doesn't look like the GUIs for old plugins changed, looking at the website pics :(
jugustaf
KVRer
 
25 posts since 30 Nov, 2012

Postby jugustaf; Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:33 am Re: Korg updates its Legacy Collection with a new Arp Odyssey emulation

Did they do any "updates" on the older legacy plugins? I'm kinda interested in this, if they've done some work on the other plugins as well.
egbert101
KVRAF
 
2042 posts since 13 Jun, 2014

Postby egbert101; Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:36 am Re: Korg updates its Legacy Collection with a new Arp Odyssey emulation

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
<delete>
User avatar
EvilDragon
KVRAF
 
16273 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:36 am Re: Korg updates its Legacy Collection with a new Arp Odyssey emulation

jugustaf wrote:Did they do any "updates" on the older legacy plugins? I'm kinda interested in this, if they've done some work on the other plugins as well.


Not... yet... This quote is interesting:

Some features widely requested by users will be added to the KORG Collection in future updates. We plan to support AAX format and refine the user interface on a large-scale among other improvements but until then we hope you love all the new features so far and enjoy making music with the KORG Collection of synthesizers offered by KORG.


http://www.korg.com/us/news/2017/1222/
User avatar
beely
KVRAF
 
1528 posts since 6 Jul, 2013

Postby beely; Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:37 am Re: Korg updates its Legacy Collection with a new Arp Odyssey emulation

Yes, new (and larger) interfaces are coming, but they are not available yet.

Good news, the WS and MS20 in particular could do with some interface updating...
Last edited by beely on Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
EvilDragon
KVRAF
 
16273 posts since 6 Jan, 2009, from Croatia

Postby EvilDragon; Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:39 am Re: Korg updates its Legacy Collection with a new Arp Odyssey emulation

OK I'm updating and migrating...


I love the news and am glad that Korg hasn't forgotten these plugins.
User avatar
thejonsolo
KVRAF
 
1894 posts since 13 Apr, 2008, from Charleston, SC

Postby thejonsolo; Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:40 am Re: Korg updates its Legacy Collection with a new Arp Odyssey emulation

I own every product from the old collection, yet there are no migration coupons for the M1, Mono/Poly, or an upgrade coupon for the new bundle.

Anyone know how to reach out about this?
User avatar
beely
KVRAF
 
1528 posts since 6 Jul, 2013

Postby beely; Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:41 am Re: Korg updates its Legacy Collection with a new Arp Odyssey emulation

EvilDragon wrote:OK I'm updating and migrating...


I did mine already, although it had problem dealing with the migration codes when placing multiple items in the shop, so I had to do each plugin one at a time...

EvilDragon wrote:I love the news and am glad that Korg hasn't forgotten these plugins.


+1
User avatar
ATN69
KVRAF
 
1714 posts since 5 Oct, 2015, from Swedish / Living in Hong Kong

Postby ATN69; Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:43 am Re: Korg updates its Legacy Collection with a new Arp Odyssey emulation

Can't wait to have those larger user interfaces.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments