Korg updates its Legacy Collection with a new Arp Odyssey emulation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ARP Odyssey M1 MDE-X: Software Effects Suite Mono/Poly MS-20 Polysix Wavestation

I'll wait until the whole collection is updated with larger GUIs.

I'm in no rush to update.

OK wow, their installers are fckd up... first off they don't respect the path you input for installing the legacy collection (it ALWAYS goes to Program Files (x86)\Korg\Korg Legacy, no matter what else you type), and then they don't ask you for the location of your VST plugins folder (32-bit goes in the above mentioned folder, 64-bit you will find in Program Files\VstPlugins\Korg). Ugh.

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EvilDragon wrote:OK wow, their installers are fckd up... first off they don't respect the path you input for installing the legacy collection (it ALWAYS goes to Program Files (x86)\Korg\Korg Legacy, no matter what else you type), and then they don't ask you for the location of your VST plugins folder (32-bit goes in the above mentioned folder, 64-bit you will find in Program Files\VstPlugins\Korg). Ugh.
Yikes.
Thanks and sorry for being the guinea pig.

Seems also Legacy Cell has been dropped?
rsp
sound sculptist

No offline registration............

Vortifex wrote:The only update I care about is an update for the GUIs.
Me too, but I'd advise you to do the license migration now, even if you don't update your installed software, just in case Korguser.net goes away (which looks to be happening) and you lose the ability to move to the new versions...

I've done the migration, but have left my installed software alone for now.

Doesn't look like there's a demo for the Arp yet. It's interface looks like it's based on the iOS version, so I wonder if the other GUI updates are going to be based on their iOS interfaces, too...

Also note there's no offline registration possible. Gotta be online.

Yes, there's no LegacyCell, but the old one still works even with updated plugins. I wonder what happens when GUI for MS-20 and Polysix and MDE-X get updated...

zvenx wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:OK wow, their installers are fckd up... first off they don't respect the path you input for installing the legacy collection (it ALWAYS goes to Program Files (x86)\Korg\Korg Legacy, no matter what else you type), and then they don't ask you for the location of your VST plugins folder (32-bit goes in the above mentioned folder, 64-bit you will find in Program Files\VstPlugins\Korg). Ugh.
Yikes.
Thanks and sorry for being the guinea pig.

Seems also Legacy Cell has been dropped?
rsp

Yes. I performed the migration but did not see a downloader for Legacy Cell. The DLL from the previous installer is not recognized in Reaper either.

Weird. LegacyCell works here in Reaper (old v1.7.0).

SirKen wrote:Yes. I performed the migration but did not see a downloader for Legacy Cell. The DLL from the previous installer is not recognized in Reaper either.
That sucks then. Legacy Cell had cool features and presets...

Otherwise, I hope we'll get the iPad versions of their GUIs. They look so much more modern. Just look at the iWavestation for example. It's like a different synth!
Last edited by sinemotor on Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EvilDragon wrote:Weird. LegacyCell works here in Reaper (old v1.7.0).
I can only see the v1.3.0.

Was there a version update that I missed?

Oh yeah, sorry. 1.3.0., that's the one.

Anyone got the Arp Odyssey yet? ..any early reviews?
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

thejonsolo wrote:I own every product from the old collection, yet there are no migration coupons for the M1, Mono/Poly, or an upgrade coupon for the new bundle.

Anyone know how to reach out about this?
If you own everything, your migration coupon should give you the entire Korg Collection bundle. I don't recall if I had the KLC bundle or just individual licenses, but I got the bundle upgrade for free (minus the Odyssesy, of course).

So far it looks like there's been updates to all instruments, in stability improvements and the new authorizer.

I'm buying the Odyssey upgrade, for no other reason than to vote with my dollars to show Korg that there is still a viable user base out there for these plugins.

EvilDragon wrote:Oh yeah, sorry. 1.3.0., that's the one.
I tried to reinstall using the "Repair" option and Reaper still cannot see it. Weird

Return to “Instruments”