Korg updates its Legacy Collection with a new Arp Odyssey emulation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ARP Odyssey M1 MDE-X: Software Effects Suite Mono/Poly MS-20 Polysix Wavestation

Hey, that's some really interesting stuff, didn't expect that. :) Interesting in hearing some more audio demos from the Odyssey emu. And if they upped their DSP game.

SirKen wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:Oh yeah, sorry. 1.3.0., that's the one.
I tried to reinstall using the "Repair" option and Reaper still cannot see it. Weird
It might not be placing it in your VST folder... try looking into the folders I wrote on the previous page.

ATN69 wrote:Anyone got the Arp Odyssey yet? ..any early reviews?
First thing I noticed is that the fonts aren't very sharp (2560x1440, 27").
Just got it - sounds good to me, but I can't compare to a real Arp Odyssey.
I like the modulation sequencer! Many targets, even the effects.

Finally things are moving forward...

Thanks for the heads up. So far I've only installed the MDE-X on this system as a test but it only installed the x86 version. Wasn't the MDE also updated to 64 bit along with the rest ? I see no option for x64..... :?

Anyway am I correct in saying the M1, Wavestation etc have not changed other than the new authorization system so no point installing them on my studio computer at least right away ?

Good to see Korg still in the game. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

It´s about time. Arp Odyssey is great if it´s the same as the iOS version. It really sounds great and has one of the fattest unison voice i heard yet.
If they would update the others (especially Wavestation) also to the better iOS versions (in terms of GUI and more features) i would consider to buy that for mac too.....even if i just paid 20 or less for the app.

Teksonik wrote:Thanks for the heads up. So far I've only installed the MDE-X on this system as a test but it only installed the x86 version. Wasn't the MDE also updated to 64 bit along with the rest ? I see no option for x64..... :?

viewtopic.php?p=6963953#p6963953

(Updates also contain some stability improvements, so why not go for it?)
Last edited by EvilDragon on Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EvilDragon wrote:
SirKen wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:Oh yeah, sorry. 1.3.0., that's the one.
I tried to reinstall using the "Repair" option and Reaper still cannot see it. Weird
It might not be placing it in your VST folder... try looking into the folders I wrote on the previous page.
Nope, it is there. It is also picked up by the Vstplugins64.ini file in Reaper Roaming folder. Somehow, it doesn't show up in the plugin list though.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

ED. I went to my PC and saw my Korg note. I think the installer has been screwing up from before these updates. It would write the 64 bit and overwrite them with the 32 bit after or vice versa. I had to do some gymnastics to get both installed properly.
Indeed these ignore your vst folder but actually this is easier for me.
Kudos to you for finding out where they were installed to.
thanks
rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

DJMaytag wrote:
thejonsolo wrote:I own every product from the old collection, yet there are no migration coupons for the M1, Mono/Poly, or an upgrade coupon for the new bundle.

Anyone know how to reach out about this?
If you own everything, your migration coupon should give you the entire Korg Collection bundle. I don't recall if I had the KLC bundle or just individual licenses, but I got the bundle upgrade for free (minus the Odyssesy, of course).

So far it looks like there's been updates to all instruments, in stability improvements and the new authorizer.

I'm buying the Odyssey upgrade, for no other reason than to vote with my dollars to show Korg that there is still a viable user base out there for these plugins.
I don't have "a" migration coupon I have 3...one for the MS-20, Polysix, and Wavestation. I even own M1LE with no migration/upgrade option for it.

I have written to them, since each of those coupons only update the individual product.

It is mess if you ask me.

egbert101 wrote:I wonder if the activation is recognized on the same PC that you activated before, like Arturia does with their Software Center.

So basically I have to pay $49.99 to get the Korg Collection but with the ARP Odyssey... Hmm.
If you dn't want the odyssey the migration is free.
$50 is for the Odyssey in essence.
You somehow think this is unfair? Apologies if I am misreading you.
rsp
sound sculptist

Yes, migration of current products is free.

zvenx wrote:
egbert101 wrote:I wonder if the activation is recognized on the same PC that you activated before, like Arturia does with their Software Center.

So basically I have to pay $49.99 to get the Korg Collection but with the ARP Odyssey... Hmm.
If you dn't want the odyssey the migration is free.
$50 is for the Odyssey in essence.
You somehow think this is unfair? Apologies if I am misreading you.
rsp
Indeed, there's really nothing new going from your old KLC to the new Korg Collection, except the authorization method (now a modern auth method, rather than their archaic old system).

If you want Odyssey, you can get it at ANYTIME for $49.99, versus the limited time intro price of $49.99. That's the only thing you have to pay for right now if you want Odyssey.

beely wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:OK I'm updating and migrating...
I did mine already, although it had problem dealing with the migration codes when placing multiple items in the shop, so I had to do each plugin one at a time...
EvilDragon wrote:I love the news and am glad that Korg hasn't forgotten these plugins.
+1
Any noticeable difference between the old and the updated plugins, that is, any hearable difference?

Return to “Instruments”