Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR

Wave Alchemy Evolution

wave alchemy
KVRist
 
318 posts since 29 Jun, 2009

Postby wave alchemy; Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:27 am Re: Wave Alchemy Evolution

crevice wrote:@wavealchemy If I were to buy this, is there anyway that I can use it with my Ableton Push 2?


Evolution will currently work with Push 2 in the exact same way that any 3rd part plugin does. I.e you can trigger drums with the pads, load Evolution, learn parameters and assign them to Push etc. But we also included an adg Drum rack file that automatically assigns the pads and routes sounds to individual outputs in Live.

However, the 1.1 update, when it is released, will include much more native integration with Push 2, with pre-mapped controls and functions :D

Kind of like what we did in our 'Revolution' 1.1 instrument, if you are familiar with that.
http://www.wavealchemy.co.uk

Specializing in the development of forward-thinking virtual instruments and sample libraries.
User avatar
dplduffy
KVRist
 
285 posts since 31 Mar, 2015, from Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Postby dplduffy; Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:57 pm Re: Wave Alchemy Evolution

@wavealchemy when I go to the _Evolution Init patch I cannot for the life of me get the Layer and Transient machines to produce any noise. I have the volume up all the way on both machines and made sure I don't have anything soloed, any ideas?

Should’ve read the manual first, it was the XY pad...
wave alchemy
KVRist
 
318 posts since 29 Jun, 2009

Postby wave alchemy; Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:44 am Re: Wave Alchemy Evolution

dplduffy wrote:@wavealchemy when I go to the _Evolution Init patch I cannot for the life of me get the Layer and Transient machines to produce any noise. I have the volume up all the way on both machines and made sure I don't have anything soloed, any ideas?

Should’ve read the manual first, it was the XY pad...


No problem, and you're correct - the INIT preset has the XY pad set so that only the 'Drum' part is audible. Simply moving this dot around will expose the other layers :tu:
http://www.wavealchemy.co.uk

Specializing in the development of forward-thinking virtual instruments and sample libraries.
TheHelioSequence
KVRer
 
22 posts since 30 Sep, 2005

Postby TheHelioSequence; Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:22 pm Re: Wave Alchemy Evolution

wave alchemy wrote:
Stefken wrote:
I bought it and am enjoying Evolution very much. :tu:
Small feature request : :wink: as there are many many drum sounds to choose from it would be nice if you could tag favorites. Left to the picklist you could put a small favorites-icon next to the random icon. The icon would work as a toggle, toggling the favorites property for that drum on and off. In the picklist you could display a favorite with a "*" after the name. I'm guessing this would not take that much development.

I'm also hoping that the nice features of this sequencer will be translated as much as possible to the Revolution sequencer . 8)


This is a very interesting, and cool request. I like the idea of tagging. I'm not sure if this will be possible (I need to talk with the scripting team), but we will see what we can do in a future update for sure! :tu:

And yes, Revolution will be getting a sequencer update in the future, with many new features :D


I think the latest Output offerings have one of the best preset/patch systems within Kontakt. They have fairly extensive tagging system and also star/favorite system so that one can easily see all of their favorites. I would love to see something like this is both Evolution and Revolution as there are so many great sounds and options... snapshots don't feel as ideal with these deeper instruments.
wave alchemy
KVRist
 
318 posts since 29 Jun, 2009

Postby wave alchemy; Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:26 am Re: Wave Alchemy Evolution

TheHelioSequence wrote:
wave alchemy wrote:
Stefken wrote:
I bought it and am enjoying Evolution very much. :tu:
Small feature request : :wink: as there are many many drum sounds to choose from it would be nice if you could tag favorites. Left to the picklist you could put a small favorites-icon next to the random icon. The icon would work as a toggle, toggling the favorites property for that drum on and off. In the picklist you could display a favorite with a "*" after the name. I'm guessing this would not take that much development.

I'm also hoping that the nice features of this sequencer will be translated as much as possible to the Revolution sequencer . 8)


This is a very interesting, and cool request. I like the idea of tagging. I'm not sure if this will be possible (I need to talk with the scripting team), but we will see what we can do in a future update for sure! :tu:

And yes, Revolution will be getting a sequencer update in the future, with many new features :D


I think the latest Output offerings have one of the best preset/patch systems within Kontakt. They have fairly extensive tagging system and also star/favorite system so that one can easily see all of their favorites. I would love to see something like this is both Evolution and Revolution as there are so many great sounds and options... snapshots don't feel as ideal with these deeper instruments.


We also like this system (for that type of product) and will be featuring something similar (hopefully better) in a future product we are working on (not drum related) :wink:

However, this system may not work very well for a drum instrument such as Evolution. It would for the 'presets' ( I agree), but a much more detailed tagging system for actual the sounds themselves within a preset may be a bit overkill in our opinion. The reason this works well for the product you mention is that there is quite a small number of sounds (under 100 I believe), whereas Evolution features over 28,000 sounds. A detailed tagging system for such a huge amount of sounds could likely be not very intuitive to use. We kind of have this already on a simpler level - being able to choose a drum type, then a sub bank / style type and finally selecting a drum from that bank of sounds that match. We don't have a favouriting system however, which is something we can definitely look at :)

We do like the idea of mixing and matching drum channels and being able to save / load things independently. We just need to look into this and find a way that works and makes sense for this instrument :tu:
http://www.wavealchemy.co.uk

Specializing in the development of forward-thinking virtual instruments and sample libraries.
grymmjack
KVRAF
 
8900 posts since 6 Apr, 2003

Postby grymmjack; Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:19 am Re: Wave Alchemy Evolution

Hi all,

I created a free Ableton Live Rack for (Live 10 suite owners since it uses Drum Buss) loosely inspired by Wave Alchemy Evolution's EFX setup. The rack has 3 sub-racks one for each section.

There is an Ableton devices only version and a VST version.

The VSTs are obviously proprietary but you can swap them around w/your own - I used NI Solid EQ, NI Solid Bus Comp, khs Bitcrusher, khs Distortion, Nomad Factory Magnetic II, and khs Transient Shaper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV3BuElS7gE

I couldn't reproduce the sounds perfectly but this rack is very inspirational and I really love using it on all kinds of sources, not just drums.

ABLETON VERSION:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvQCMi6GfTdSsZg3SqqDbYQVU-kJyA

VST VERSION:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvQCMi6GfTdSsZg2zQCk1cI4VxFZWw
wave alchemy
KVRist
 
318 posts since 29 Jun, 2009

Postby wave alchemy; Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:50 am Re: Wave Alchemy Evolution

grymmjack wrote:Hi all,

I created a free Ableton Live Rack for (Live 10 suite owners since it uses Drum Buss) loosely inspired by Wave Alchemy Evolution's EFX setup. The rack has 3 sub-racks one for each section.


Looks interesting, we will check it out :tu:
http://www.wavealchemy.co.uk

Specializing in the development of forward-thinking virtual instruments and sample libraries.
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments