Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Robmobius
KVRAF

3091 posts since 9 Sep, 2010, from A shit hole (Ireland).

Postby Robmobius; Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:58 am Re: Wave Alchemy Evolution

Quick question.

What sets Evolution apart from something like Geist 2 which I currently use. I also have a very large drum sample library! :)
We 'the leaders' bring you the ultimate paradigm shift. Dramatization: No paradigms were actually shifted in the making of this statement. Furthermore, any reference to paradigms is for entertainment purposes only.
ahdsrbass
KVRer

1 post since 8 Jan, 2018

Postby ahdsrbass; Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:04 pm Re: Wave Alchemy Evolution

Hi there,

Just purchased the Library and must say I love it.

A couple of comments,

1. Another poster mentioned this but the GUI seems very lagy.
2. When loaded in Cubase, my CPU consumption goes up by %20-25 (big time resource hog)

Any help is appreciated.

Lucas
Last edited by ahdsrbass on Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
wave alchemy
KVRist

324 posts since 29 Jun, 2009

Postby wave alchemy; Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:42 am Re: Wave Alchemy Evolution

electro wrote:Evolution is a replacement for Revolution?

Revolution and Evolution are TOTALLY different products and not related in any way at all (other than having a similar name).

You can read the full info on the product page and manual, but in short the sound content, engine, sequencer, browser and everything else are totally different. Revolution and Evolution are totally different instruments with totally different sound and features. No sounds from Revolution are included in Evolution. It is a completely fresh and new product, focusing on modern sounds and a sound library built over 5 years :tu:
http://www.wavealchemy.co.uk

Specializing in the development of forward-thinking virtual instruments and sample libraries.
terminus_one
KVRist

167 posts since 21 Jan, 2015

Postby terminus_one; Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:02 am Re: Wave Alchemy Evolution

Hi – this is looking great!

Will you be selling this through third-party sellers too? (e.g. PluginBoutique)

Am hoping to pick this up before the current sale ends :)
Want 20% off your first MeldaProduction order? PM me.
Famousbyfive
KVRer

3 posts since 29 Jan, 2013

Postby Famousbyfive; Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:45 am Re: Wave Alchemy Evolution

Same as the others. Incredible piece of software. Picked itup over Christmas and it's been a pleasure to work with ever since. Brilliant.

Couple of questions.

Is there any way to pick the output of the fx? I'd prefer to send the two reverbs out separately but it looks like they are hardwired together, can this be changed?

This is probably really simple but can't see it in the manual. Is there a way to reverse the current sample?

Last one, is there a way to clear/reset a current channel. I want to get rid of all any macros, fx etc I have for one specific channel.

Have looked over the manual a few times but apologies if it is glaringly obvious somewhere.

Cheers
kvrsw2424
KVRer

2 posts since 8 Feb, 2015

Postby kvrsw2424; Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:31 pm Re: Wave Alchemy Evolution

Hi Wave Alchemy, Hi KVRians,

after all the positive comments, I was trying to check out the Evolution demo but cannot get it to load. I have the latest Kontakt Player 5.7.3 (R37), and it loads e.g. the Kontakt Factory Selection just fine. Since the Evolution Demo has no serial, I tried to load it by going to the Files tab, navigating to my Wave Alchemy Folder/Evolution/Instruments and double-clicking on Evolution DEMO.nki. This indeed brings up a splash screen which says "Evolution LOADING ..." but this is all, it stays there forever. :( :help:

Any hints on what I can do to load and play Evolution would be really appreciated - thanks!!

(This is on Windows 8.1, standalone Kontakt Player 5.7.3 (R37), BTW).
wave alchemy
KVRist

Postby wave alchemy; Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:45 am Re: Wave Alchemy Evolution

Robmobius wrote:Quick question.

What sets Evolution apart from something like Geist 2 which I currently use. I also have a very large drum sample library! :)

We see these as two totally different products, but some of the main differences would be:

1. Sound Engine - You can see a full list of gear used in the manual, but essentially the sound library for Evolution is powered on over 28,000 sounds (both electronic and prepared acoustic, as well as sound design tools (transients, layers, prepared foley, found sound, abstract experiments and more) , which were each designed from the ground up over 5 solid years of work, with each sound taking up to an hour to individual layer, process and design individually, using only the highest end gear, vast arrays of sound sources and tons of versatility. This is one of the main attractions of Evolution.

2. Step Lock parameter and FX sequencers with 42 destinations and macro controls

3. XY pad to blend layers

4. Quick workflow and integrated browser system for layering and selecting sounds

5. Analogue slop emulation

Specializing in the development of forward-thinking virtual instruments and sample libraries.
wave alchemy
KVRist

Postby wave alchemy; Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:46 am Re: Wave Alchemy Evolution

ahdsrbass wrote:Hi there,

Just purchased the Library and must say I love it.

A couple of comments,

1. Another poster mentioned this but the GUI seems very lagy.
2. When loaded in Cubase, my CPU consumption goes up by %20-25 (big time resource hog)

Any help is appreciated.

Lucas

Please contact support via our website, and we'd be happy to troubleshoot this in more detail for you! :)

wave alchemy
KVRist

Postby wave alchemy; Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:47 am Re: Wave Alchemy Evolution

terminus_one wrote:Hi – this is looking great!

Will you be selling this through third-party sellers too? (e.g. PluginBoutique)

Am hoping to pick this up before the current sale ends :)

Thanks!

Yes, this will eventually be available on 3rd part websites, but I can't guarantee that this will happen before the intro pricing ends :)

wave alchemy
KVRist

Postby wave alchemy; Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:49 am Re: Wave Alchemy Evolution

kvrsw2424 wrote:Hi Wave Alchemy, Hi KVRians,

after all the positive comments, I was trying to check out the Evolution demo but cannot get it to load. I have the latest Kontakt Player 5.7.3 (R37), and it loads e.g. the Kontakt Factory Selection just fine. Since the Evolution Demo has no serial, I tried to load it by going to the Files tab, navigating to my Wave Alchemy Folder/Evolution/Instruments and double-clicking on Evolution DEMO.nki. This indeed brings up a splash screen which says "Evolution LOADING ..." but this is all, it stays there forever. :( :help:

Any hints on what I can do to load and play Evolution would be really appreciated - thanks!!

(This is on Windows 8.1, standalone Kontakt Player 5.7.3 (R37), BTW).

This is very strange.

The 'Evolution Loading' screen only appears when Kontakt / Kontakt Player cannot initialize or start-up. This is almost always the case if for example your DAW or host has not completed its start-up sequence before loading. Some of the common ways this can happen are as follows:

1. The audio driver is not enabled or has been set to an inactive audio device. This can happen with some audio devices, such as the UA Apollo, when it is selected but not physically connected.

2. The DAW or host has entered a power safe mode. This will happen with Logic Pro when used with a MacBook that has been left idle on battery power.

3. The power button or audio device enable button has been set to off on your DAW.

Robmobius
KVRAF

Postby Robmobius; Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:56 am Re: Wave Alchemy Evolution

wave alchemy wrote:
Robmobius wrote:Quick question.

We see these as two totally different products, but some of the main differences would be:

1. Sound Engine - You can see a full list of gear used in the manual, but essentially the sound library for Evolution is powered on over 28,000 sounds (both electronic and prepared acoustic, as well as sound design tools (transients, layers, prepared foley, found sound, abstract experiments and more) , which were each designed from the ground up over 5 solid years of work, with each sound taking up to an hour to individual layer, process and design individually, using only the highest end gear, vast arrays of sound sources and tons of versatility. This is one of the main attractions of Evolution.

2. Step Lock parameter and FX sequencers with 42 destinations and macro controls

3. XY pad to blend layers

4. Quick workflow and integrated browser system for layering and selecting sounds

5. Analogue slop emulation

Thanks for you answers... I'm now very tempted especially with the 20% off! :tu:
We 'the leaders' bring you the ultimate paradigm shift. Dramatization: No paradigms were actually shifted in the making of this statement. Furthermore, any reference to paradigms is for entertainment purposes only.
wave alchemy
KVRist

Postby wave alchemy; Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:42 am Re: Wave Alchemy Evolution

Robmobius wrote:
Thanks for you answers... I'm now very tempted especially with the 20% off! :tu:

You're welcome :tu:

Famousbyfive
KVRer

3 posts since 29 Jan, 2013

Postby Famousbyfive; Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:03 pm Re: Wave Alchemy Evolution

Any word on these questions guys?

Famousbyfive wrote:Same as the others. Incredible piece of software. Picked itup over Christmas and it's been a pleasure to work with ever since. Brilliant.

Couple of questions.

Is there any way to pick the output of the fx? I'd prefer to send the two reverbs out separately but it looks like they are hardwired together, can this be changed?

This is probably really simple but can't see it in the manual. Is there a way to reverse the current sample?

Last one, is there a way to clear/reset a current channel. I want to get rid of all any macros, fx etc I have for one specific channel.

Have looked over the manual a few times but apologies if it is glaringly obvious somewhere.

Cheers
Robmobius
KVRAF

Postby Robmobius; Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:12 pm Re: Wave Alchemy Evolution

wave alchemy wrote:
Robmobius wrote:

You're welcome :tu:

Ta'!

I've also just watched the youtube vids..... Annnnnd bought!! :D It looks seriously powerful but still quick to use. I'm going to have some fun tonight! :tu:

Cheers!
dark water
KVRian

887 posts since 2 Jun, 2016

Postby dark water; Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:16 pm Re: Wave Alchemy Evolution

Last edited by dark water on Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
PreviousNext

Moderator: KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments