is there anything else like Output's Signal pulse engine

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Besides the licensing fee, which keeps the price high, that's an awful lot of quality samples. A 40gb, Kontakt licensed library is always going to be relatively expensive, and I would assume that would give them less room to discount (Heavyocity seems to be an exception, perhaps because of a closer relationship to NI?).
It's a false equivalence to compare those companies releasing licensed Kontakt instruments to companies that are not, and mainly known for their own fx...if Waves released a Kontakt instrument you could be fairly sure it would be up there in price...unless they could haggle NI down on fees!

saw motors from umlaut audio in SOS review today.
$99
2 arps together. sort of signalish
am investigating
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Signal definitely has a unique approach. And I like what it can do. But there are others-

Alpha and Bravo by HybridTwo are good examples of two very complete libraries that do an awesome job with the pulse.

rod_zero wrote:I think exhale is the most interesting, something you can get out of synths.
That's what I thought too and dont get me wrong some of the presets are great but can exhale do what your own library of sliced samples cant?

Had to skip some posts due to time limit. Wagtune... You are so opinionated! Why discourage folks from being interested in presets if you sale presets yourself? Do you think knowing how to program presets makes you superior? The reason I dont like making presets is because it is boring. I dont care about accelerators, pulses, waveforms because I like my sounds combined. Making Multies could be more interesting, but I prefer making songs and enjoy different sounds in the song. I dont have time to take one boring plain eeeeeeeee sound and make it "do" something. I find it waist of time when there so many already programmed sounds. People like me willing to pay to others to do the "boring" work, so we dont have to. I can make sound and often come up with interesting results but that kills half of my evening, so why would I want to do it if somebody else willing to do it for like $20?

Now back to Signal. I like Signal. I use it occasionally, it looks good and fun to work with. It has many expansions, so it takes some time to run out of sounds. In fact I dont see how one can run out of presets- I only used maybe 3 of them in my music so far, because I have so many other great synths and libraries.

The similar once... I would recommend to explore Wide Blue Sound
https://www.widebluesound.com/
Sample Logic and 8Dio. 8Dio has last 3 days of sale and their Hybrids are very interesting libraries.

Kinh wrote:
rod_zero wrote:I think exhale is the most interesting, something you can get out of synths.
That's what I thought too and dont get me wrong some of the presets are great but can exhale do what your own library of sliced samples cant?
I dont have sliced samples library. I dont want to slice anything.

Maybe one day, if I can afford it, I would like to get the Output Bundle. That would be the most rebate one could get.

Orbit and Eclipse both sound nice.

But pricey too.

Only cheap if you're getting paid and need a plug to kickstart the job off.

But still sound nice :)
Member 12, Studio One v6.5, VPS Avenger, Kontakt 7, Spitfire, Dune, Arturia, Sonible, Baby Audio, CableGuys, Nektar Panorama P1, Vaporizer 2 to test out

Yes, but they have a bundle that looks very promising. I paid full price for each at the time of release.

8Dio stuff is plain interesting.

Output? More like "Offput"... at least that's what their product pages do for me... £179 price tags, no discounts, no demo tracks, and descriptions which sound like they were written to sucker people who have never used a DAW before, let alone Kontakt ("Ooooh, Output REV can play sounds backwards, that's so freaking cool man!")

I hate to sound negative, and I see some people here claim that Output's products are actually quite good and worth the money. If that's really the case, then great, keep buying their stuff and using it in your music. But I'm not easily convinced to spend £179 with little more than flashy advertising to go by. And if they can't be arsed to write better product pages, then I can't be arsed to investigate any further.

And then there‘s that 699 bucks bundle...

Konduktor wrote:Output? More like "Offput"... at least that's what their product pages do for me... £179 price tags, no discounts, no demo tracks, and descriptions which sound like they were written to sucker people who have never used a DAW before, let alone Kontakt ("Ooooh, Output REV can play sounds backwards, that's so freaking cool man!")

I hate to sound negative, and I see some people here claim that Output's products are actually quite good and worth the money. If that's really the case, then great, keep buying their stuff and using it in your music. But I'm not easily convinced to spend £179 with little more than flashy advertising to go by. And if they can't be arsed to write better product pages, then I can't be arsed to investigate any further.
Dude. There is FREE version of Signal. Most of us installed and demoed it first, liked it and bought it. You are few years late, for the year it was released, it was very innovative. Also the first 20 presets are the most impressive, then you kind of realize limitations, but it is a nice toy. If you making EDM and cinematic music, there is a lot of material to use. No discounts? I bought individually Signal and Rev (not too impressive- kind of on a boring side), and few expansions, then I upgraded to the bundle and now every time they release expansion, I get % off. I believe they should never use words like "innovative" or "revolutionary" because those words do not stay fresh for long. The excitement feels fake because it is old excitement- they need to tame it down some now that the product is older. I think they are great guys, making functional desks too. I prefer they were focusing on libraries. They have relatively large staff for small company (lots of mouths to feed). For such a big team, they should release more products. Not sure what exactly they doing in those headquarters. But looks like it is fun place to work. Check out their web site.

I have all the Output instruments and most expansions except Substance. Use them all the time and definitely don't feel like any are old. I also sample my Ensoniq VFX-SD (1990) for the glorious sounds it makes and it is not yet old either.

C-note wrote:I have all the Output instruments and most expansions except Substance. Use them all the time and definitely don't feel like any are old. I also sample my Ensoniq VFX-SD (1990) for the glorious sounds it makes and it is not yet old either.
Oh, how I miss my VFX-SD!

And I don't get these 'It's old so must be good/bad', or 'It's expensive so it must be good/bad' arguments.
Either the instrument is useful to you or not, and I'm finding both Signal and Rev inspiring to play.

If you want complex multi source sounds and you do not want to create your own patches (the "boring" work- not boring for me, nor many in these parts) and if you have money to spend then i guess their products could be suitable. I'm not being critical of those who want to use presets and instruments like Signal at all. To each their own. If you have a few years experience with Kontakt and you like to make your own sounds then i really do not see any point. And of course many people are in between, in which case i'd say probably pass, because there's so much else that does similar functions (especially if you already own a bunch of it.)
Whatever works for you, use it.

Konduktor wrote:Output? More like "Offput"... at least that's what their product pages do for me... £179 price tags, no discounts, no demo tracks, and descriptions which sound like they were written to sucker people who have never used a DAW before, let alone Kontakt ("Ooooh, Output REV can play sounds backwards, that's so freaking cool, man!
When i read wagtunes comments (opinions! Ha, like no one else here has any) i thought "yeah, that was my impression, too." So i went to their site-big time hard sell hype machine- big turn off, and read. They keep mentioning "unique". That's a good thing i thought. But, wow, they have "fat" analog and digital synths! (Actually, it's all digital in the box, there is "analog emulation or style") but anyway they are "fat"! woohoo! I guess that still sells? Then i scrolled down and saw that it's a Kontakt instrument ( i forgot). This is a new and unique instrument? How unique could it possibly be as for the architecture? Ha. I'm sure you can do unique sounds with it due to the sampleset but there's a lotta hype on their site.
Output has to be IMO the worst name for a company.
It does seem like there is a lot of people working there, and at least in the video they seem to be having a lot of fun.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Return to “Instruments”