Top 10 VST Purchases Of 2017

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Harry_HH wrote:
cturner wrote:
ReverendLove wrote:2. Softube Acoustic Feedback - Was surprised how good it works with an expression pedal attached. No more neighbours ringing my doorbell panicly :-)
Glad to hear someone speak well of this plug.
I have to plugin, but can´t speak anything about it, because I can´t use it - impossible to authorize, if you don´t to give your iLok manager password to the Gobbler. Which I don´t. :evil:
Yeah, this gobbler thing is pure kerfufle.
But as I understood it only wraps iLok, sends the PW to itand manages the install process.
Nothing more.

I hope so...

ReverendLove wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:
cturner wrote:
ReverendLove wrote:2. Softube Acoustic Feedback - Was surprised how good it works with an expression pedal attached. No more neighbours ringing my doorbell panicly :-)
I have to plugin, but can´t speak anything about it, because I can´t use it - impossible to authorize, if you don´t to give your iLok manager password to the Gobbler. Which I don´t. :evil:
But as I understood it only wraps iLok, sends the PW to itand manages the install process.
Nothing more.

I hope so...
That´s what the man in the gas station counter said, when he asked me to pass my credit card to get stamped in the backroom...

Hehe, you're right in general.
But I cannot imagine that companies like Slate, Eventide or Antares risk their reputation.

Harry_HH wrote:
ReverendLove wrote:
Harry_HH wrote:
cturner wrote:
Nothing more.

I hope so...
That´s what the man in the gas station counter said, when he asked me to pass my credit card to get stamped in the backroom...
I wouldn't fear that, rather that third party sites get hacked, and the iLok account data will be revealed to hackers, which will grant them access to the respective accounts (as already has happened, even on bigger sites). That said, i have no idea how this is handled server side, maybe it's just a token, or it's handled via the iLok servers anyway.

Not here to defend iLok, think of it as you wish.

I have a fair number of Softube plugs, and have transferred “used” licenses in both directions.

After purchase, Softube licenses shows up in your iLok account almost instantaneously. From there, Softube allows activation to your computer, it doesn’t require the use of a dongle.

I have experienced sluggishness on Gobbler’s part refreshing my account with new installs. I’ve on occasion had to wait as much as an hour for the Goobler app to display a new install. But Softube provides a download area for the plugs, so you can get them there through your purchase history.

I’ve also gotten demo downloads direct from Softube, although I had to search around a bit to locate them. Much easier to find if you’ve already bought it.

I hope my post won’t add fuel to the fire. Much rather read more lists!
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

ReverendLove wrote:5. DDMF's Metaplugin Well, it isnt bad but you haven't any macro function as patchwork or freestyle or even LFOs and EG like Nomad's magma FX - but this one sadly cannot work as instrument like metaplugin or

6. Kushviews Element can. This one is still in a somewhat pre release mode. As you can see I am an effects routing & modulating junkie. The culprit is NI reaktor for not having the possibility to insert VSTs inside its own mainframe.
Hi ReverendLove, I'm also interested in VST's which can load and route other VST's in them. I've demoed Metaplugin and Magma, but as that song goes, "I still haven't found what I'm looking for."

Have you tried Image-Line's Minihost Modular plugin? It's still in beta and hasn't been updated for years. But at least it's free, and one of the cool things about it (which Metaplugin doesn't do, if I recall) is that you can route the automation input to different plugins/parameters (independently of MIDI input.) It could be handy if you want to automate multiple VST's with only one envelope.

But what I'd really like is an "effect instrument," similar to Stutter Edit or The Finger, but with the ability to load other VST's and use them as the effects instead of just relying on the plugin's own built-in effects. Can't seem to find a good one, though...

Konduktor wrote: Hi ReverendLove, I'm also interested in VST's which can load and route other VST's in them. I've demoed Metaplugin and Magma, but as that song goes, "I still haven't found what I'm looking for."

Have you tried Image-Line's Minihost Modular plugin? It's still in beta and hasn't been updated for years. But at least it's free, and one of the cool things about it (which Metaplugin doesn't do, if I recall) is that you can route the automation input to different plugins/parameters (independently of MIDI input.) It could be handy if you want to automate multiple VST's with only one envelope.

But what I'd really like is an "effect instrument," similar to Stutter Edit or The Finger, but with the ability to load other VST's and use them as the effects instead of just relying on the plugin's own built-in effects. Can't seem to find a good one, though...
Thank you very much.
I will give that IL thing it a try.

What you described can be done or kind of simulated with the modulators in magma. But this one does not work as instrument and has a somewhat constraint routing.

You can access plugin's parameters in MP v3. It is a little bit tedious but it works. Sadly you can't cluster them to a macro like in Patchwork or Freestyle. As I contacted the developer of Element he told me that he want to do this exactly: Supporting macro controllers and modulators. I'll wait and see.

There are Patchwork and Agent too but what I don't like them being bound to their routing matrix. That is what I love with Metaplugin, Element or Freestyle. You are free to build up the weirdest routing. In Element you even can build feedback loops what Metaplugin does not allow. But Element has not yet the posibility to automate the hosted plugins except with MIDI CCs.

Have you tried MUX?

Zombie Queen wrote:Have you tried MUX?
No. Did you?
What I like with Element and Metaplugin is their light weight impact on resources.
Mux seemed very fat to me, but looks very capable. Am I wrong?
I should give it a try.

IL minihost does no good on cubase after a while of using it now it has sth like a leak. Power consumption goes to the sky.

Have you thought about using Bidule?

You might think it is fat, but I find no significant rise in CPU from hosting plugins in it.

Spire
Falcon
Probably the last two I'll buy for years. Spire is awesome for good sounds fast, and Falcon is good for everything else under the Sun.

Condolences on the loss of your father Waags. I really love the passion you bring to the conversation and I appreciate the honesty of your comments. You are a breath of fresh air. All the best in 2018.

Scotty wrote:Condolences on the loss of your father Waags. I really love the passion you bring to the conversation and I appreciate the honesty of your comments. You are a breath of fresh air. All the best in 2018.
Thanks. I believe in "Tell 'em like you see 'em but don't expect to make a lot of friends."

For the most part, that's been pretty true throughout my life.

wagtunes wrote:
Scotty wrote:Condolences on the loss of your father Waags. I really love the passion you bring to the conversation and I appreciate the honesty of your comments. You are a breath of fresh air. All the best in 2018.
Thanks. I believe in "Tell 'em like you see 'em but don't expect to make a lot of friends."

For the most part, that's been pretty true throughout my life.
I have found that recently it is mostly the same few assjacks trolling you on your threads or others. Hopefully they stay away from this one!

I didn't buy 10 things worth listing. My favs:

Plug&Mix VIP Bundle: lots of useful stuff, easy to use, quick to set up, crazy VFM
Toneboosters ReelBus: great tape sound at a great price

I also ventured into Waves territory too for the first time, but haven't had time to use the plugins much, as I bought them over Xmas.

Return to “Instruments”