Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New
The NAMM Show

The KVR Audio Instruments forum is sponsored by the Winter NAMM Show. More than a trade show, NAMM brings together the music, sound and event technology communities for exhibits, workshops, performances, events and much more. This year's show takes place January 25-28. See you there!

Read more at www.namm.org

Waves Codex - where is it?

Halonmusic
KVRian

576 posts since 13 Nov, 2015, from Norway

Postby Halonmusic; Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:56 pm Waves Codex - where is it?

So i just updated Waves Central, and decided i wanted to try out Codex. So installed but cannot for the life of me figure out where it was installed. Did a plugin search in fl studio but nothing. It seemed to install the standalone version of codex though. Anyone?

EDIT: The standalone version of codex didnt get installed correctly.
pilotredsun
KVRist

31 posts since 16 Sep, 2016

Postby pilotredsun; Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:23 pm Re: Waves Codex - where is it?

Does the .dll "Waveshell2-VST3 9.91" show up in your plugin list? Upon adding it to your project can you locate Codex in the shell dropdown menu?

Multiple Waveshell dlls will show up in your list if you also have Waves effects products but only the one titled Waveshell2-VST3 can be used for instruments
Halonmusic
KVRian

Postby Halonmusic; Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:36 pm Re: Waves Codex - where is it?

I'll check right away. Thanks.
Halonmusic
KVRian

Postby Halonmusic; Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:24 pm Re: Waves Codex - where is it?

I cant find Waveshell2-VST 9.91 only Waveshell-VST 9.6. And older versions like 5 and 5.5 or something. Should i remove all of the old versions and delete the registry perhaps? Also a pop up when opening waveshell tell me it cant find my licenses.
robotmonkey
KVRAF

1877 posts since 20 Jun, 2012

Postby robotmonkey; Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:49 pm Re: Waves Codex - where is it?

Yes, remove all old Waveshells. You find the latest one in the Waves folder under Program Files.

In FL Studio you need to have Verify plugins and Rescan existing plugins on for new Waveshell plugins to show up.
Last edited by robotmonkey on Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
No signature here!
Scrubbing Monkeys
KVRist

274 posts since 21 Apr, 2017

Postby Scrubbing Monkeys; Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:25 am Re: Waves Codex - where is it?

also Waves Codex shows it self as an effect not an instrument......If I remember correctly.
robotmonkey
KVRAF

Postby robotmonkey; Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:45 am Re: Waves Codex - where is it?

"Scrubbing Monkeys"

wth? :o
No signature here!
Scrubbing Monkeys
KVRist

274 posts since 21 Apr, 2017

Postby Scrubbing Monkeys; Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:11 am Re: Waves Codex - where is it?

robotmonkey wrote:
"Scrubbing Monkeys"

wth? :o

Seriously, stop monkeying around :D
robotmonkey
KVRAF

Postby robotmonkey; Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:40 am Re: Waves Codex - where is it?

robotmonkey wrote:Yes, remove all old Waveshells. You find the latest one in the Waves folder under Program Files.

In FL Studio you need to have Verify plugins and Rescan existing plugins on for new Waveshell plugins to show up.

Actually I'll take my words back. I have been using Waves plugins with FL Studio without problems for so long that I forgot what's the secret.

Do not use VST2 Waveshell that's in the Waves folder under Program Files. With FL Studio use only VST3 Waveshell that gets dumped into the Common Files under Program Files. Waves plugins work properly only with VST3 version and this is the official supported way.

VST3 Waveshell will also recognize the difference between instruments and effects.
No signature here!
Halonmusic
KVRian

Postby Halonmusic; Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:10 pm Re: Waves Codex - where is it?

robotmonkey wrote:
robotmonkey wrote:Yes, remove all old Waveshells. You find the latest one in the Waves folder under Program Files.

Actually I'll take my words back. I have been using Waves plugins with FL Studio without problems for so long that I forgot what's the secret.

Do not use VST2 Waveshell that's in the Waves folder under Program Files. With FL Studio use only VST3 Waveshell that gets dumped into the Common Files under Program Files. Waves plugins work properly only with VST3 version and this is the official supported way.

VST3 Waveshell will also recognize the difference between instruments and effects.

Ok thanks for your help. :tu:

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments