Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
kokotte
KVRian
 
698 posts since 17 Sep, 2014

Postby kokotte; Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:54 pm Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular

User avatar
zerocrossing
KVRAF
 
9275 posts since 26 Jun, 2006, from San Francisco Bay Area

Postby zerocrossing; Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:13 am Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular


Hm, with a March projected release you’d think they’d have some actual audio by now.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~
sprnva
KVRian
 
1279 posts since 16 Jan, 2013

Postby sprnva; Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:43 pm Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular

Image Image
User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
 
12922 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:29 pm Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular

sprnva wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYNmK5kM4L0


I am really excited about the potential here.

Mostly interested in (for starters) what oscillators and filters will be available and overall sound quality.

Looks like it COULD compete with Softube but will wait to see what comes out initially.
User avatar
risome
KVRAF
 
1959 posts since 30 Oct, 2006, from Australia, NSW

Postby risome; Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:42 pm Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular

Prob good if you cant afford Eurorack hardware. Long way to go till the virtual compares with the hardware especially with Eurorack.
Good luck to them
http://www.voltagedisciple.com
Patches for ACE,PREDATOR,SYNPLANT,SUB BOOM BASS2,PUNCH
AALTO,CIRCLE,BLADE and Ableton LIVE Packs
https://soundcloud.com/somerville-1i
User avatar
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF
 
7987 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Postby VariKusBrainZ; Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:03 am Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular

risome wrote:Prob good if you cant afford Eurorack hardware. Long way to go till the virtual compares with the hardware especially with Eurorack.
Good luck to them


Software emus are never going to stand up to the real thing so long as knobs and cables are missing :wink:

If the perfect soft synth controller still hast been made imagine how far behind modular synth emus are. Though touch screens help in a big way for me. But still not as fun as real cables and knobs
User avatar
shroom81
KVRian
 
639 posts since 26 May, 2008, from Iceland.

Postby shroom81; Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:50 am Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular

hivkorn wrote:Am I the only one who wait for the release ?


:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:



Hell no mate I too am :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Risome you obviously haven't heard Softube's Modular then, that software is f**king close to perfect analog sound from 1's and 0's.
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.
gentleclockdivider
KVRian
 
1110 posts since 21 Mar, 2009, from gent

Postby gentleclockdivider; Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:43 am Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular

What is the internal update rate of cherry audio modular ?
Same as sample rate , like reaktor etc ..?
Otherwise it's a no go .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies
don_looney
KVRist
 
112 posts since 18 Oct, 2015, from Germany

Postby don_looney; Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:32 am Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular

cant wait to try it when its released
Last edited by don_looney on Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RME Babyface Pro / Moog SubPhatty / Maschine Studio / AE Modular
Bitwig / Cubase Pro 8
User avatar
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF
 
7987 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Postby VariKusBrainZ; Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:46 am Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular

gentleclockdivider wrote:What is the internal update rate of cherry audio modular ?
Same as sample rate , like reaktor etc ..?
Otherwise it's a no go .


Im guessing it wont be seeing as they banged it together in a few months, its java and sounds like it will be really light on resources.
User avatar
CrystalWizard
KVRian
 
590 posts since 10 Jul, 2008, from Orbiti sw usa

Postby CrystalWizard; Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:20 pm Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
risome wrote:Prob good if you cant afford Eurorack hardware. Long way to go till the virtual compares with the hardware especially with Eurorack.
Good luck to them


Software emus are never going to stand up to the real thing so long as knobs and cables are missing :wink:

If the perfect soft synth controller still hast been made imagine how far behind modular synth emus are. Though touch screens help in a big way for me. But still not as fun as real cables and knobs



Totally agree, it's not just about the sound, it's the hairy spaghetti way of building patches. i love soft modulars like VCV and herw's modularx in reaktor (and so much of reaktor) but playing with them doesn't compare to being in front of a physical modular synth and wiring up patches and twisting knobs (iMO).
gadgets an gizmos...make noise
http://gardenofsensualdelight.com/DBAR.html apologies for broken links, a contruction team is on the way
https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness
User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
 
12922 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:27 pm Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular

CrystalWizard wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:
risome wrote:Prob good if you cant afford Eurorack hardware. Long way to go till the virtual compares with the hardware especially with Eurorack.
Good luck to them


Software emus are never going to stand up to the real thing so long as knobs and cables are missing :wink:

If the perfect soft synth controller still hast been made imagine how far behind modular synth emus are. Though touch screens help in a big way for me. But still not as fun as real cables and knobs



Totally agree, it's not just about the sound, it's the hairy spaghetti way of building patches. i love soft modulars like VCV and herw's modularx in reaktor (and so much of reaktor) but playing with them doesn't compare to being in front of a physical modular synth and wiring up patches and twisting knobs (iMO).


And you pay a price for that experience. 40 modules of this Voltage Modular is going to be something like $200. 40 modules of Eurorack or whatever your modular of choice is, well, I don't even want to know how many thousands of dollars we're talking about.

And ultimately, if making music is your primary goal, then yes, it's ALL about the sound. In short, as I am poor, I can do quite nicely without the physical patch cables if I can get an instrument that sounds great.

For those of you with money to burn, I'm happy for you that you can play with real spaghetti.

Some of us are not so fortunate.
User avatar
CrystalWizard
KVRian
 
590 posts since 10 Jul, 2008, from Orbiti sw usa

Postby CrystalWizard; Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:10 pm Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular

Actually, i don't have a zillion dollars invested in modular gear as i built all of mine myself. I Do realize this is rare, and certainly most people aren't going that route. Your point is valid that it's prohibitively expensive for many people to own a modular rig. However, even to be a guitar player you will likely have some real money invested in your rig. I wasn't saying one way is better on all accounts (i play my virtual rig, modular or not) way more than i do my modular hardware. I was just saying that For Me i have a much different (and more fun in an exploratory sense) experience when i play my modular hardware (and often when i play my hardware synths or my bass guitar). It's the visceral experience of direct action making noise, and the consistent one to one response of hardware control.
I would speculate that the reason there's such a plethora of cookie cutter music in the world is that it's so much cheaper and easier to use a computer and some inexpensive software to "produce" "tracks". I also acknowledge that there's really awesome music being done this way, too. Another topic altogether.
As with many of my posts it's all IMO.
gadgets an gizmos...make noise
http://gardenofsensualdelight.com/DBAR.html apologies for broken links, a contruction team is on the way
https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness
User avatar
wagtunes
KVRAF
 
12922 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Wed Feb 21, 2018 8:18 pm Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular

CrystalWizard wrote:Actually, i don't have a zillion dollars invested in modular gear as i built all of mine myself. I Do realize this is rare, and certainly most people aren't going that route. Your point is valid that it's prohibitively expensive for many people to own a modular rig. However, even to be a guitar player you will likely have some real money invested in your rig. I wasn't saying one way is better on all accounts (i play my virtual rig, modular or not) way more than i do my modular hardware. I was just saying that For Me i have a much different (and more fun in an exploratory sense) experience when i play my modular hardware (and often when i play my hardware synths or my bass guitar). It's the visceral experience of direct action making noise, and the consistent one to one response of hardware control.
I would speculate that the reason there's such a plethora of cookie cutter music in the world is that it's so much cheaper and easier to use a computer and some inexpensive software to "produce" "tracks". I also acknowledge that there's really awesome music being done this way, too. Another topic altogether.
As with many of my posts it's all IMO.


I agree. There is nothing like the thrill of turning knobs and plugging in cables. My dream has always been to someday own a full blown modular system. Sadly, it's never going to happen. But I'm content with the software toys that I have. Reaktor is like a bottomless pit that I'll never get tired of exploring. What this new system will bring, only time will tell.
keel
KVRian
 
696 posts since 27 Oct, 2004, from Inside the kick drum

Postby keel; Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:21 pm Re: Cherry Audio Voltage modular

This looks really good, can't wait to get play with this :hyper:
PreviousNext

Moderator: KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments