New Omnisphere version with GUI scaling and standalone version

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Keyscape - Collector Keyboards Omnisphere 2 Stylus RMX Trilian

beely wrote:
kelvyn wrote:Question to anyone using Stylus with the new update...
One thing that always drives me nuts with Stylus is when I change a sound in multi output mode the corresponding multitrack channel in the mixer reverts back to the A channel, unlike Omnisphere. Has this been corrected so that it stays on the same output channel after changing the sound?
Not using the recent update yet, but to prevent this, when choosing a preset on a channel set to a different output, press the "Settings" button (so it's not illuminated), and then choose the loop - it won't reset the output back to A then.

Edit: Just installed the update - the plugin version hasn't changed, they just added a standalone app for this. The behaviour is the same, therefore.
Wow! Thanks a lot :tu: How the heck did you discover that?

kelvyn wrote:Wow! Thanks a lot :tu: How the heck did you discover that?
Well, the whole point of that settings button is to allow you to load in new content without changing any existing settings in the plugin, so I had a hunch it might behave like this for the multi setting, and checked the behaviour to confirm.

Simples! ;)

Hit there.
Can anyone who did the update tell me if Omnisphere now looks crystal clear on a MacBook Pro retina screen?

Has anyone hit any issues with the standalone not working with any midi inputs. Got several on my rig all work on other standalones with various combinations not in Omnisphere or Trillian. Have gone into the top left hand settings and ensured the midi and audio drivers are set up correctly. All very odd ?

Romain Rousseau wrote:Hit there.
Can anyone who did the update tell me if Omnisphere now looks crystal clear on a MacBook Pro retina screen?
No, it's still not Retina-ready. But the magnification is helpful on Retina screens.

Does the plugin version have the same changes as the standalone version???

Melodialworks wrote:Does the plugin version have the same changes as the standalone version???
Yes.

matamoris wrote:
Romain Rousseau wrote:Hit there.
No, it's still not Retina-ready. But the magnification is helpful on Retina screens.
OK, thank you for your help! :tu:

Has anyone else found issues with Windows 10 and he patch library installer? The DLL VST and the standalone version installed perfectly but when I tried to update the patch library or the sound library, it keep locking up on me. I find it difficult to believe that it is my system that is the problem, but maybe it is. Have you installed the new patch library that comes with this successfully on a Windows 10 machine? This has never happened with Spectrasonics before, so what could it be?

AtomsApple wrote:Has anyone else found issues with Windows 10 and he patch library installer? The DLL VST and the standalone version installed perfectly but when I tried to update the patch library or the sound library, it keep locking up on me. I find it difficult to believe that it is my system that is the problem, but maybe it is. Have you installed the new patch library that comes with this successfully on a Windows 10 machine? This has never happened with Spectrasonics before, so what could it be?

No problems for me on my Win10 system.
Always Read the Manual!

No problems here either on W10 - I installed the Omni app update, then used the new updater for everything else, all very smooth.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Grrrr. They *still* haven't fixed the filter display bug. And yes I submitted a report on how to reproduce it. Short version: change the filter type and it won't display the name only "modified". To see the filter type you have to go into the detailed filter section and see what's ticked.

Richard deHove wrote:Grrrr. They *still* haven't fixed the filter display bug. And yes I submitted a report on how to reproduce it. Short version: change the filter type and it won't display the name only "modified". To see the filter type you have to go into the detailed filter section and see what's ticked.

That's not a bug. The filter display you are seeing there is a filter preset which will show the name of the preset that is selected. It will not show the filter type that you have changed in the filter zoom page as there can be two different filter types that are selected. that is why it says "modified" as you have changed the settings of the selected preset.

From the reference guide:

Filter presets are not the same as Filter types. Filter Presets include the Filter types, Gain, routing and offsets. Filter types are covered in the FILTER ZOOM section.

MFXxx wrote:Has anyone hit any issues with the standalone not working with any midi inputs. Got several on my rig all work on other standalones with various combinations not in Omnisphere or Trillian. Have gone into the top left hand settings and ensured the midi and audio drivers are set up correctly. All very odd ?
Not sure if this is a similar thing, but when in standalone, I don't get any MIDI or Audio. Using the same controller, just opening Omni in my DAW, everything works.

Anyone could chime in? I wanted to use it "live" without loading through a DAW.

Also, noticed any latency difference between both version?

Windows 7 64 Core i7 920 24GB DDR3 RAM.

Thanks!
“Yesterday I was clever so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise so I am changing myself.” Rumi
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

creativeforge wrote:
MFXxx wrote:Has anyone hit any issues with the standalone not working with any midi inputs. Got several on my rig all work on other standalones with various combinations not in Omnisphere or Trillian. Have gone into the top left hand settings and ensured the midi and audio drivers are set up correctly. All very odd ?
Not sure if this is a similar thing, but when in standalone, I don't get any MIDI or Audio. Using the same controller, just opening Omni in my DAW, everything works.

Anyone could chime in? I wanted to use it "live" without loading through a DAW.

Also, noticed any latency difference between both version?

Windows 7 64 Core i7 920 24GB DDR3 RAM.

Thanks!
I managed to fix it, or rather it fixed itself. Set the keyboard up in the view and tick oxing the midi controller. Think the install just needed a system reboot, apart from that works as expected.

I think it's going to depend on how you midi controller is set up. The other option I guess would be to install and use something like Hubi's LoopBack Device, but Im not sure if this is whats needed (im thinking if you want to route midi etc maybe even between 2 seperate systems/rigs.

Not noticed any latency issues only appears to be a little worse on loading times. But not determined for definate yet.

Return to “Instruments”