Dark Zebra

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wonder about this question.

If Dark Zebra has the filters of Diva, can Dark Zebra do pretty much what Diva can (and more).
I understand that Diva is a different concept and more structured towards emulation of specific synths while Zebra is a very broad concept.
So, you might not have the EXACT envelope responses of a Jupiter, Moog whatever but i'm less interested in 1:1 emulation. We already have plenty of emulations.
I think that filters are pretty much the most defining element of a subtractive synth.
And I understand you can import/insert wavetables into Dark Zebra?

Stefken wrote:I wonder about this question.

If Dark Zebra has the filters of Diva, can Dark Zebra do pretty much what Diva can (and more).
No... not sound wise...

pdxindy wrote:
Stefken wrote:I wonder about this question.

No... not sound wise...
Care to elaborate? And maybe define the limitations soundwise?

Oscillators are important, too.

EvilDragon wrote:Oscillators are important, too.
There I was thinking: wavtables.

And I don't need exact emulations. I have the legend etc for that.
I'm going for the sounddesign experience and the reach the framework has in delivering quality sounds.
Otherwise put : If I go for the Dark Zebra 'framework', how much of the Diva framework would I miss ?

I'm baffled with how many flavors Dark Zebra can produce: pretty realistic violins and flutes, drones and atmospheres, pads, moogy basses, acoustic drums...
I've not seen a synth that can do more flavors.

Zebra HZ was worth the price to me and I never use the presets. The extra filters, compressors, and so forth are incredibly useful and fun. If you are interested in presets also the library that is included is highly lauded by everyone who's into that sort of thing.

JJ
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

ZebraHZ 2.8 (not yet released) will also add an additional 4 MSEGs, for a total of 8.

A Hans Zimmer Zebra is always a good thing to own...

Do you guys know if Zebra HZ will also get an updated GUI? The new DotEight skin/display makes patching with Z 2.8 so much more pleasant and quick.
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

From what I recall, that seems to be the general plan, yes.

Is it possible to Get the 2.8 beta.If if I install it,will it cause problems with ZebraHZ 2.7.2?

Return to “Instruments”