Quantakor released - great sci-fi at low price

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Quantakor

Hey,
This is a very interesting synth in my opinion. Just listened to the demos. Very sci-fi. Great price (introductory I think). :tu:

Don't know about CPU consumption etc yet.

http://eplex7.com/quantakor-scifi-vsti-au-plugin.html

Also nice with a dev I haven't heard of before!
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

I would prefer to have the original software they used to generate all those samples. Very intriguing.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Interesting and attractive plugin, but all the audio examples of the plugin (I could find) are drenched in reverb, and I can't tell what's being generated in real-time and what's from other tracks/plugins!?

But I'll keep watching the development, so I can better understand its true capabilities.

Yes, I'm a bit puzzled too and honestly don't know if it's for me. I just wanted to give attention to this, since the sounds in the videos seem cool and it's so low priced. If it delivers, it's like having a PPG gem but at a fraction of the price.

Not sure if this is really a synth even, or if it is a sample library (basically). In any case, since there is an included reverb, why drench the original samples (if that's indeed the case)?

As I said, this intrigues me! :)
Go MuLab!

Official thread here guys :
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=499244

:)

SparkySpark wrote:Not sure if this is really a synth even, or if it is a sample library...
I agree! From what I could tell, the sounds that were being played real-time were FX samples. And when the dev uses terms like, "atmospheric, ambient, soundscapes from parallel universe, quantum neural synthesizers, and artificial intelligence without emotions", these quick sound effects aren't what come to my mind. Maybe exploring the demo is the only way to know for sure.

And the developer seems to have created several other plugins with interesting features, or at least a lot of intriguing marketing terms.

I see the demo is 27mb, but the dev states there are 1.2gb of samples - that's a little confounding! Maybe the samples are a separate download?

But with 3000 plus GOOD KARMA points, and lifetime updates seems like a bargain!

Thanks for the heads-up, Endor-8o8!

Anyone know what the demo limitations are?

Maize sampler stuff :D
12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

SciFiArtMan wrote:
But with 3000 plus GOOD KARMA points
Now that's an actually interesting offer.

As it follows from their marketing text, I may buy two their plugins and then torrent Omnisphere or Avenger and my karma will still be OK. :tu:

:D
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Endor-8o8 wrote:Official thread here guys :

Yeah I know, but it was to market-y for me. :D
Go MuLab!

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

The demos did not sound good to me
Sorry that I have to agree. If someone needs a few hundred different SF noises....

And cause in the end it is only samples you can not even make something out of it.

Description has nothing to do with reality. Might be that they have USED:
innovative and mysterious ways like artificial intelligence resampling/morphing, neuronal synthesis and complex resynthesis
to produce these samples, but that has NOTHING to do with the product they sell, that, in the end is just a rompler.....

Endor-8o8 wrote:Official thread here guys :

Thank you Endor-808 :-)

All best,
Eplex7 DSP
www.eplex7.com - software developer of VST plugins, effects, VST / AU instruments, samples + Free plugins and samples

egbert101 wrote:The demos did not sound good to me. I think I'll pass.
Hello egbert101,

Thanks for feedback. Of course music is matter of taste, everybody prefer something different. If you think that you can create better videos you are welcomed! (please send us e-mail) we are coders and sound designers, music production is not our main domain.

All best,
Eplex7 DSP
www.eplex7.com - software developer of VST plugins, effects, VST / AU instruments, samples + Free plugins and samples

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Return to “Instruments”