Thoughts On SuperWave Tarkus [Korg MS2000 Clone] and Sirius?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

They are cool!

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

I used to have Ultimate. It was nice. Though I'm not sure what's the difference between all of those.. To my ears they all sound the same.

I have a number of questions.

First of all, when I first started downloading free stuff back when I began ITB recording, I downloaded the P8. I honestly don't remember how it sounded to me as I got rid of it and almost all my free 32 bit synths due to stability issues on my system. However, I had no idea these people had all these other synths. I listened to some demos and really liked what I heard.

1. What are the GUIs like? It's hard to tell from the screen prints but I get the feeling that they're on the small side, even for 1024 resolution. Yes, no?

2. Why are these so cheap? What's the catch?

3. Why aren't these talked about here AT ALL?

4. Does anybody here actually own any of these synths? What's your opinion?

This whole site has me totally bumfuzzled. When I first started asking for synths a few years back, NOBODY brought up ANY of these.

What gives?

wagtunes wrote: 2. Why are these so cheap? What's the catch?
Synthedit....
wagtunes wrote:3. Why aren't these talked about here AT ALL?
Synthedit....
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
wagtunes wrote: 2. Why are these so cheap? What's the catch?
Synthedit....
wagtunes wrote:3. Why aren't these talked about here AT ALL?
Synthedit....
How can it be Synthedit when there are 64 bit downloads?

Synthedit is now 64 bit ? I don't know, I stopped following these synths a long time ago. They were talked about 13 years ago. There was also something negative about the company in the early days but I've long since forgotten what it was.....
Sicklecell666 wrote:I hate this company.
:?:

Maybe they are native coded now but I'm willing to bet not. Since developers are usually happy to proudly announce "Coded in C++" etc but rarely if ever announce "Proudly made with Synthedit" :shrug:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=78948&hilit=Superwave
Last edited by Teksonik on Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

SynthEdit 1.3 is able to put out 64-bit VST2 and VST3, and also Mac AU, AFAIK. I read it's quite buggy though, but, i don't know.

chk071 wrote:SynthEdit 1.3 is able to put out 64-bit VST2 and VST3, and also Mac AU, AFAIK. I read it's quite buggy though, but, i don't know.
Since when? Why is this the first I'm hearing of this? And if this is true, why hasn't all Synthedit devs made a 64 bit version for their synths?

wagtunes wrote:
chk071 wrote:SynthEdit 1.3 is able to put out 64-bit VST2 and VST3, and also Mac AU, AFAIK. I read it's quite buggy though, but, i don't know.
Since when? Why is this the first I'm hearing of this? And if this is true, why hasn't all Synthedit devs made a 64 bit version for their synths?
Since quite a while back. Some devs have updated ...

Yes I'm afraid we'll now see a flood of 64 Bit YASET plugins....Yet Another Synth Edit Turd...... :hihi:

Cue the S.E. Fanbois in 3...2...1.... :wheee:

wagtunes wrote:
It's difficult... all the modules a SynthEdit synth consists of have to be ported to 64-bit, and, AFAIK, many of the custom modules people used for their synths are not yet ported. It seems to be much easier with Flowstone, because the architecture is different, and doesn't have that modular approach. At least that's the way I understood it.

Teksonik wrote:
Yes I'm afraid we'll now see a flood of 64 Bit YASET plugins....Yet Another Synth Edit Turd...... :hihi:

Cue the S.E. Fanbois in 3...2...1.... :wheee:
Okay, I'm no Synthedit fanbois. In fact, HG Fortunes synths are the only ones I even miss. But I did listen to the demos and these sounded quite good. I couldn't tell they were Synthedit. Had I been able to, I wouldn't have even gotten involved in this thread.

So something is going on with these synths that are possibly a cut above your typical Synthedit fare. I don't know. All I know is I really liked what I heard on a few of these and was trying to find the catch as to why they're so cheap.

EDIT: chk071 beat me to it.....
wagtunes wrote: Since when? Why is this the first I'm hearing of this? And if this is true, why hasn't all Synthedit devs made a 64 bit version for their synths?
I read where the people who coded custom modules for SE must re-code or modify those modules to work in 64 bit. So if an SE developer uses a third party module that hasn't been updated they are SOL.

I seem to remember the Superwave synths use stock modules but again memory may fail me.... :?

Return to “Instruments”