Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
SciFiArtMan
KVRian

975 posts since 24 May, 2006, from Our Amazing Oasis in Space - USA Section

Postby SciFiArtMan; Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:19 pm Re: Thoughts On SuperWave Tarkus [Korg MS2000 Clone] and Sirius?

Distorted Horizon wrote:"The Equinoxe has slight modifications over the Ultimate as the sounds are more geared towards classic analog sounds produced by Jean Michel Jarre. The Sweep Filter on Ultimate has been replaced for Digital Reverb on Equinoxe and Equinoxe also has the addition of a 4-Pole Moog Filter.

Performer and P80 look similar but are quite different under the hood. Performer is more geared towards live playing as P80 is more sequencer oriented but both contain classic analog sounds.

Professional and Trance-Pro are identical apart from Trance-Pro Oscillators are not smoothed at the peaks and product a brighter sound which makes them sound more digital and grainer which is perfect for Trance sounds.

Tarkus and Sirius are identical apart from the Filters. Tarkus has a State Variable Filter and Sirius has a 4-Pole Moog Filter. Again, both synths have lots of classic analog sounds but Sirius sounds like a Mini Moog but using a Korg MS2000 block diagram for the sound structure."

So does that mean Equinoxe and Ultimate can share patches, to some degree? (of course many patches probably wouldn't sound exactly as intended, but just because a patch doesn't sound as originally intended, doesn't mean it might not still sound good).

And same with Professional/Trance-Pro, and Tarkus/Sirius?

Just a thought...
SciFiArtMan
KVRian

975 posts since 24 May, 2006, from Our Amazing Oasis in Space - USA Section

Postby SciFiArtMan; Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:33 am Re: Thoughts On SuperWave Tarkus [Korg MS2000 Clone] and Sirius?

Yes, go ahead and try!

(I'm just the idea man!)
thejonsolo
KVRAF

1894 posts since 13 Apr, 2008, from Charleston, SC

Postby thejonsolo; Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:40 pm Re: Thoughts On SuperWave Tarkus [Korg MS2000 Clone] and Sirius?

Butt-ugly interfaces aside, I am really loving these synths. Lots of character and ultra low CPU usage (and I am on 64 bit) make for some wonderful stuff. Haven't made much music in the last 60 days (way too much happening) but this strikes a spark for sure!
Halonmusic
KVRian

1317 posts since 13 Nov, 2015, from Norway

Postby Halonmusic; Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:43 am Re: Thoughts On SuperWave Tarkus [Korg MS2000 Clone] and Sirius?

thejonsolo wrote:Butt-ugly interfaces aside, I am really loving these synths. Lots of character and ultra low CPU usage (and I am on 64 bit) make for some wonderful stuff. Haven't made much music in the last 60 days (way too much happening) but this strikes a spark for sure!

I wouldn't say they are butt-ugly. :wink:
- 32bit for Life, 32bit Forever -
Distorted Horizon
KVRian

928 posts since 17 Jan, 2017

Postby Distorted Horizon; Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:26 am Re: Thoughts On SuperWave Tarkus [Korg MS2000 Clone] and Sirius?

thejonsolo wrote:Butt-ugly interfaces aside..

What if I have a cute butt?
chk071
KVRAF

15800 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:29 am Re: Thoughts On SuperWave Tarkus [Korg MS2000 Clone] and Sirius?

Distorted Horizon wrote:
thejonsolo wrote:Butt-ugly interfaces aside..

What if I have a cute butt?

The majority of butts will still be ugly then. ;)
wagtunes
KVRAF

11790 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:07 pm Re: Thoughts On SuperWave Tarkus [Korg MS2000 Clone] and Sirius?

If Jon likes these synths, I need to rethink my position on getting one of these.

64 bit and stable?
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

11395 posts since 5 Jun, 2012, from Portugal

Postby fluffy_little_something; Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:49 pm Re: Thoughts On SuperWave Tarkus [Korg MS2000 Clone] and Sirius?

SciFiArtMan wrote:So does that mean Equinoxe and Ultimate can share patches, to some degree? (of course many patches probably wouldn't sound exactly as intended, but just because a patch doesn't sound as originally intended, doesn't mean it might not still sound good).

And same with Professional/Trance-Pro, and Tarkus/Sirius?

Just a thought...

Nope, that did not work, I remember trying that once.
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments