SampleScience Player released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It took a while but Orion Sound Module replacement is finally here and it's called the SampleScience Player! A 200 instruments/3 gigs (5 gigs compressed to FLAC) rompler.

The SampleScience Player contain all the sounds available in Orion Sound Module plus an additional 100 playable sounds! Thanks to lossless FLAC compression, the plugin instrument is only 3 gigs in size while having double the sounds of Orion Sound Module. It sounds as good because a lot of problems found in Orion SM have been fixed. Hopefully, they have all been fixed.

Audio demos:

https://soundcloud.com/samplesciencemtl ... udio-demos

The SampleScience Player's sounds are classified by categories:
  • Basic: Basic waveforms from vintage analog synthesizers.
  • Bass: Various bass from synthesizers and electric bass.
  • Brass: Tuba and saxophone.
  • Chips: Arcade sound effects arranged as drum modules.
  • Drums: Various electronic drum machines and acoustic drum kits.
  • Keys: Acoustic, electric and electronic pianos and organs.
  • Orchestra: Jeff Glatt public domain orchestral library.
  • Perc: Percussive instruments, mostly acoustic.
  • Sound Design: Excerpts from our commercial sample libraries.
  • Strings: Acoustic string based instruments.
  • Synth: Synthesizer sounds from both analog and software synthesizers.
  • Vocals: Various sampled voices.
  • Wind: Wind acoustic instruments.
  • World: Instruments from around the world.
Features:
  • 200 sounds
  • Linear ADSR
  • Multi LFO
  • Reverb
  • Highpass/Lowpass filter
  • Velocity amp range controls
  • Glide in mono voice mode
Available as a VST/AU plugin instrument for macOS and Windows 7 & up.
Instrument list (txt file): https://goo.gl/gEPyJE

Download it here: https://goo.gl/Ch1pBT

Update (2018-08-16): Unfortunatly, due to high bandwitdh consumption, I now have to price the SampleScience Player at 10$. The plugin is extremely popular and it slowed down the whole store because of its big size. Thank you for your understanding.
Last edited by SampleScience on Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Huge congratulations, Pierre!
Such a gift.
You have been working on this for so long, and have overcome serious setbacks.
Thank you so much for sharing your talent and perseverence!
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Michael L wrote:Huge congratulations, Pierre!
Such a gift.
You have been working on this for so long, and have overcome serious setbacks.
Thank you so much for sharing your talent and perseverence!
Thank you! :hug: I've gone through 1 computer, various health issues related to staying to long in front of the computer and an infinity of bugs that I had to fix.

Speaking of which, if anyone found errors or bugs, let me know so I can fix it.

Cheers! :phones:

I've been waiting for this with baited breath. Now off to download and brush my teeth. Thanks man and now I'm off to play it, well after a bit of work to pay for it.
He won't say it so I will. Come on folks slip the man five bucks and skip one stop at Starbucks. You will be money ahead and have a ton of instruments!

bigcat1969 wrote:Come on folks slip the man five bucks and skip one stop at Starbucks. You will be money ahead and have a ton of instruments!
Oh yes, at least five. It has a wild variety of instruments (e.g. 7 quite different acoustic pianos, 2 each glockenspiel and marimba!), they sound great, and the parameters are just right for tweaking to taste. Plus you can drop in the .mse files from outdated maize instruments.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Michael L wrote:
bigcat1969 wrote:Come on folks slip the man five bucks and skip one stop at Starbucks. You will be money ahead and have a ton of instruments!
Oh yes, at least five. It has a wild variety of instruments (e.g. 7 quite different acoustic pianos, 2 each glockenspiel and marimba!), they sound great, and the parameters are just right for tweaking to taste. Plus you can drop in the .mse files from outdated maize instruments.
Yeah, I forgot to mention that you can load older Maize Sampler instruments by loading their mse files via SampleScience Player's GUI. You can revive old Maize Sampler made plugins this way. You can do this on both Windows and Mac.

Cool I host the awesome older 32 bit instruments from Necromare. It looks like I can load those mses into SSP 64 bit? Is that true? It would be a great way to be able to use 32 big Maize instruments.

bigcat1969 wrote:Is that true?
Well, I can load the 32-bit Windows audio files but because I am under OSX the parameters do not work. The instrument quality in this SSP is much higher than the average Maize instrument. It is really worth a good donation.
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Definitely having fun with this. All kinds of patches from old school blips and bloops to more modern multi sampled. Love the graphics. You can tell a ton of work went into this!

Didn't know my little attempt at a video would take up that much real estate on the thread.
Last edited by bigcat1969 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wow! This is absolutely incredible. Downloaded for free, then once I saw the quality went back and donated. Thank you for this!

Thank you ;)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

bigcat1969 wrote:Didn't know my little attempt at a video would take up that much real estate on the thread.
Well, crap man. I was gonna watch this long after getting comfy at home after work. Now wadda I do? Heh.
"The last man on earth doesn't miss anyone at all." - Haujobb, Faith In Chaos

Consider it a half hour of your life saved! :D

Thanks for the sounds!

What is with the ADSR envelope?

Sustain pedal seems not to have an impact. Is the release know even connected?
Seems to me there is only release, wich is linked to the decay knob?

Cheers!

dasdeck wrote:Thanks for the sounds!

What is with the ADSR envelope?

Sustain pedal seems not to have an impact. Is the release know even connected?
Seems to me there is only release, wich is linked to the decay knob?

Cheers!
During my tests the ADSR worked very well. What is your setup so I can test it in the same DAW/OS?

Sustain pedal should work too. No problems on my side with this.

Return to “Instruments”