The official Hypernode for Kontakt thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hypernode

It doesn’t it starts a bar later when triggering in a daw so the actual trigger note needs to be early which is a total pita.

topaz wrote:It doesn’t it starts a bar later when triggering in a daw so the actual trigger note needs to be early which is a total pita.
Sorry but i can't confirm that... :neutral:

Ok, I will make a video demonstrating it, need to do some more tests.

...double post.

I can confirm too, you have to start each note (I am working with a piano roll) on the bar before you want hypernode to start, otherwise it wont work.

Its not a big problem for me cause I dont use it "live" so its not so difficult to paint the beginning of the note into the bar before bot thats the only way it works (at least for me).

Thank you.
tatanka wrote:I can confirm too, you have to start each note (I am working with a piano roll) on the bar before you want hypernode to start, otherwise it wont work.

Its not a big problem for me cause I dont use it "live" so its not so difficult to paint the beginning of the note into the bar before bot thats the only way it works (at least for me).

topaz wrote:It doesn’t it starts a bar later when triggering in a daw so the actual trigger note needs to be early which is a total pita.
Are you talking about pattern switching? That is done each bar start.

I just tested it again, Hypernode does start the moment you play notes in the red (accompaniment) keyrange. It is not "late" in any case. If you e.g. sequence a note within that range, and quantize it and play it back in your DAW it is in perfect sync...

Can you also please tell me if any of the patches (sections) glitch when changing ( at the start ) and what DAW you use ?

tatanka wrote:I can confirm too, you have to start each note (I am working with a piano roll) on the bar before you want hypernode to start, otherwise it wont work.

See tatankas post

rigidaudio wrote:
Are you talking about pattern switching? That is done each bar start.

I just tested it again, Hypernode does start the moment you play notes in the red (accompaniment) keyrange. It is not "late" in any case. If you e.g. sequence a note within that range, and quantize it and play it back in your DAW it is in perfect sync...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOxTPk5NIFk

I've recorded a quick video recording/sequencing Hypernode. I did record a simple 4-bar phrase and then stopped recording. In between i am switching patterns like crazy. I am not experiencing any glitches and everything is in perfect sync :?

rigidaudio wrote:
topaz wrote:Agreed, the syncing is flawed and not fit for purpose.

Sequencers start on the bar not a bar before. If hypernode has to wait for a bar or half to start there is either something wrong with kontakt or hypernode design is flawed.
The design isn't flawed. Hypernode starts once you press any note within the accompaniment range.

Why doesn't it starts and stop like most other instruments when using spacebar? Using notes is for arranging.....

kingryan wrote:
rigidaudio wrote:
topaz wrote:Agreed, the syncing is flawed and not fit for purpose.

Sequencers start on the bar not a bar before. If hypernode has to wait for a bar or half to start there is either something wrong with kontakt or hypernode design is flawed.
The design isn't flawed. Hypernode starts once you press any note within the accompaniment range.

Why doesn't it starts and stop like most other instruments when using spacebar? Using notes is for arranging.....
Because you should use the stop key-switch for that. But i will update it soon (for free of course) and add it so that when Kontakt receives a transport stop command Hypernode will stop as well.

It's currently not in there because i simply didn't think of that initially :oops:
Last edited by rigidaudio on Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Here you go, you can clearly see Hypernode is triggering a bar late.

your video is not demoing a proper example as you are simply clicking buttons on the script. try using midi notes and try and arrange a song.

ps, I use Cubase Pro now but still have live 9 so as to demo in line with what you are testing in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDDgoFojI8g
rigidaudio wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOxTPk5NIFk

I've recorded a quick video recording/sequencing Hypernode. I did record a simple 4-bar phrase and then stopped recording. In between i am switching patterns like crazy. I am not experiencing any glitches and everything is in perfect sync :?

topaz wrote:Here you go, you can clearly see Hypernode is triggering a bar late.

your video is not demoing a proper example as you are simply clicking buttons on the script. try using midi notes and try and arrange a song.

ps, I use Cubase Pro now but still have live 9 so as to demo in line with what you are testing in.

The demo is a proper example as triggering the keyswitches with the mouse is the same as using MIDI notes. But i see now what you mean, as i stated previously, you have to do keyswitches BEFORE the next bar :tu: That should do the trick.

So if for example you want to start your song with the intro pattern, but have a different one currently active, simply do the switch with the mouse manually before starting the playback in your DAW or yes, start one bar before the song actually starts and draw in a keyswitch to select the pattern you want to begin with.

Exactly what we have been saying all along.

This is an awe full way to sequence, I don’t know of any sequencers that have to be triggered a bar early. It’s a nightmare for workflow and why exactly would you implement this ?

Either kontakt has an issue syncing to the bar or your scripts do ?
rigidaudio wrote:
topaz wrote:Here you go, you can clearly see Hypernode is triggering a bar late.

The demo is a proper example as triggering the keyswitches with the mouse is the same as using MIDI notes. But i see now what you mean, as i stated previously, you have to do keyswitches BEFORE the next bar :tu: That should do the trick.

So if for example you want to start your song with the intro pattern, but have a different one currently active, simply do the switch with the mouse manually before starting the playback in your DAW or yes, start one bar before the song actually starts and draw in a keyswitch to select the pattern you want to begin with.

Return to “Instruments”