Kontakt - Multi layers - same MIDI note triggers two instruments, how can I stop that ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have three instruments multi layered on one Konatkt5 track.
These are:
Brass Low
Brass Mid
Brass High

Right now, when I press D4 on my keyboard (for example), it triggers Brass Mid and Brass High.
I want it just to trigger Brass Mid.

How do I tell Kontakt, "If you receive D4 (or a range, D4->A4), just trigger Brass Mid, don't trigger Brass High?"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Bansaw on Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Set each instrument to their own MIDI channel?

Set each instrument to their own MIDI channel?
If I'm playing it live and my fingers are spanning my keyboard, then I don't want to be hitting a keyswitch to change MIDI channels on the fly. I'd rather tell Brass High, "Don't do anything if you get a D4".

Then you could try restricting keyrange in Instrument Options (enter instrument edit mode). Read Kontakt's manual about it.

Then you could try restricting keyrange in Instrument Options (enter instrument edit mode). Read Kontakt's manual about it.
thanks, - if I go into edit mode do that, it doesn't make permanent changes to the instrument does it - just that instance ?

It does make permanent changes if you save the NKI. Otherwise it's just for that instance yes.

Return to “Instruments”