The KVR Audio website is moving to a new server - please expect some disruption to services over the next 24-48 hours.

During the final stages of the transition several services will be disabled on the old server, such as new user registrations, KVR Marketplace transactions, developer admin features, forum search, posting in the forum, etc.

Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
TheNeverScene
KVRist

435 posts since 1 Dec, 2016
Some really nice tweaks in the new version. Well done and thank you FathomSynth :)
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression
FathomSynth
KVRian

841 posts since 25 Mar, 2017, from Philadelphia, PA, USA
Version 2.9.3 BETA

http://www.mediafire.com/file/6x8p812x8 ... 3_BETA.zip

Version 2.9.3 BETA with Mac OSX Universal Binary

http://www.mediafire.com/file/vsn86trb4 ... 3_BETA.zip

Fixed Bug 0098 Signal flow object mode can not be changed in Mac Sierra.
Fixed Bug 0099 Detune save default not being loaded for new plugin track.
Fixed Bug 0099 LFO ADSR Release phase frequency not modulating.
Fixed Bug 0103 Solidtrax Preset button stops working after select a modulation.
Fixed Bug 0130 Noise volume does not follow note velocity.
Fixed Bug 0132 Mulab CPU goes up after last note if master EQ enabled.
Fixed Bug 0133 Reverb sounds different after preset loaded if decay set to zero.
Fixed Bug 0134 RSH cycle period is off by one when applied to wave index.
Fixed Bug 0135 Added channel pressure as modulator along side after touch.
Fixed Bug 0126 Timing is off at note start if modulate LFO Period with Envelope.
Fixed Bug 0127 Highlight modulation slat when mouse is over target dial.
Fixed Bug 0129 Modulator list should show if each is used or not used.
Fixed Bug 0137 Noise volume is zero for oscillator copied with ADSR on noise.
Fixed Bug 0138 Envelope is not aligned to song if Period is host automated.
Fixed Bug 0139 Improved realism of Reverb at low values of Distance and Decay.
Fixed Bug 0140 Wave tables can not be loaded in Mac Sierra.
Fixed Bug 0141 Added Visual Studio build ID to the GUI version string.
Fixed Bug 0143 Envelope segment type can not be changed in Mac OSX.
Fixed Bug 0144 Browser preset path not being saved in Mac OSX.
Last edited by FathomSynth on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
functionform
KVRist

198 posts since 13 May, 2017, from Virginia
You're killing me! Now I'm late for work :D
urlwolf
KVRian

557 posts since 23 Dec, 2002
Man, this rate of bug fixing is amazing.

Unrelated: does Fathom feel similar to Harmor to anyone? It's at the end of the day an additive synth, right?
FathomSynth
KVRian

Urlwolf, thanks!

I guess under the hood it's sort of a combination of a additive synth and wave table synth since it uses both partial adding and wave buffers.

Local Man, I just had a thought, you said you were running an older mac but with the newer OSX Sierra, do you happen to know if your processor is NOT an intel processor, I forget I think older Mac's use to use AMD or power PC. At any rate this could explain why it crashes for you and not for me. I have the ability to create a Mac OSX universal binary build, I'm wondering if it would be worth me including this in the release so you could try it.
teilo
KVRist

149 posts since 29 Mar, 2008
FathomSynth wrote:Do you happen to know if your processor is NOT an intel processor, I forget I think older Mac's use to use AMD or power PC. At any rate this could explain why it crashes for you and not for me. I have the ability to create a Mac OSX universal binary build, I'm wondering if it would be worth me including this in the release so you could try it.

Not possible. 10.5 (Leopard) was the last version of OS X that supported PowerPC CPUs. Furthermore, while OS X allowed Intel CPUs to run PowerPC OS X binaries through Rosetta, the opposite was not possible. If he were running on a Mac that old, he wouldn't be able to run Fathom at all.

Xcode 3.x was the last version that supported PowerPC builds. In Xcode 4.0 and later, a universal binary is one that contains both x86 and x86_64 code.
Last edited by teilo on Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
macOS 10.13.x | Ableton 10 | Bitwig 2.x | Reason 10
MPK249 | Scarlett 6i6 v2 | DX7 w/SER-7 | Adam Audio T7V & Sub8
U-he everything | Komplete Ult. 11 | Serum | Steinberg Absolute 3 | Arturia V Coll. v5 | Fabfilter Pro all | countless others
Local Man
KVRist

248 posts since 30 May, 2017
FathomSynth wrote:Local Man, I just had a thought, you said you were running an older mac but with the newer OSX Sierra, do you happen to know if your processor is NOT an intel processor, I forget I think older Mac's use to use AMD or power PC. At any rate this could explain why it crashes for you and not for me. I have the ability to create a Mac OSX universal binary build, I'm wondering if it would be worth me including this in the release so you could try it.

No, it's definitely an Intel processor (i7). My computer is not that old! It's a late 2013 imac. That said it may be just old enough to not get along very well with Sierra. But still, Fathom is the only plugin I've used that actually crashes Logic regularly.
2.9.2 is better though. It crashes less frequently. I tried a lot of things but I couldn't isolate the problem. It seems if I go slowly then all is well for the most part. But as soon as I start making a lot of moves and editing quickly, auditioning sounds, playing/recording ideas, then it inevitably crashes.
It seems to have something to do with how many moves (knob and envelope tweaks, adding/removing modules, etc...) I make and perhaps the rate at which I am making those moves, and not which exact moves I am making. If that makes sense.
Anyway, I will try 2.9.3 when I get a chance and see if things improve at all.

BTW, are you using Logic 10.4(.1) for your tests in Logic? Just curious if the recent update of Logic may have something to do with it.
FathomSynth
KVRian

You're right I'm running an earlier Logic Pro version 10.2.0.

I got it to crash once by hitting record, but I could not make it happen again.

knob and envelope tweaks, adding/removing modules is pretty broad, try to see which one of those individually, if done quickly would cause the crash. Also, is it crashing while you make the moves quickly or only after you close Fathom and hit recorde?

Also, I think it would still be worth trying the mac UB build to see what the effect is.
functionform
KVRist

198 posts since 13 May, 2017, from Virginia
urlwolf wrote:Man, this rate of bug fixing is amazing.

Unrelated: does Fathom feel similar to Harmor to anyone? It's at the end of the day an additive synth, right?

To me Harmors strength to me is its resynthesis. I don't really 'get' FL's design on it, so I tend not to use it. I actually haven't explored the additive aspects of Fathom too much that much yet since this is my first wavetable (even though I own massive and have downloaded a few other freebie wavetables). It's been fun playing with that in depth.

Manipulating partials is a difficult problem gui wise. I would love to choose partial levels and then say give me an envelope for just those. Or group by some sort of mathematical relationship, or define a set of them manually - it's a challenge, and I haven't seen many synths do that. At best you can do it individually - ADHDidi from Saltline or Adder from Quilcom, or Fathom, but I think grouping is the the future of additives. the Kawai k5000 would let you do formant filtering on any partials you had selected. It was a very cool thing and gave the synth a character no one really explored in music as far as I can tell. A glassy vocal character. iirc you could tie it to lfos or the main envelope.
ontrackp
KVRian

602 posts since 13 Jan, 2013, from United States
FathomSynth wrote:Voice stealing is disabled if the transport is rendering or exporting.

There is a host VST interface call that most hosts use to tell the plugin that it is not rendering in real time and Fathom answers this and goes into maximum quality mode which includes playing all voices without any stealing.

Local Man, I’ll try it again in sierra before I do the build and try to make it crash.

Just out of curiosity, does it crash if you remove steps: add some modulation, tweak some parameters. And just do: Create a new patch, add some modules, hit record, play a chord, boom instant crash?

I know this is extra work for you, but if the bug is in Fathom and it is due to something bad like a memory leak or bad pointer, there is probably one particular type of gui edit or dial that is putting into the state where it crashes on record, so trimming it down to the guilty operation is time consuming but necessary in this case. I will also try this on my end, though it is not crashinig for me on record.

I have the crash issue in High Sierra also. It's inconsistent. In Logic, Sometimes when I open a new track, record arm it then whe I hit record it goes away. It's not a hanging kind of crash -- it just closes.
liqih
DASH Guy

7271 posts since 19 Sep, 2001
__Questions about this OSC rules__ please reply soon bj or others, thanks!

What is it allowed from Fathom samples??

Can we enter this OSC either with the mono or the poly of Fathom??
http://nusofting.com
NUSofting : Peti Modelonia Sinnah
doctorbob
KVRian

1125 posts since 7 Mar, 2014
BJ said on page 3 way back in history ...

"FYI I don't think we need to put any rules restrictions on this month. Have fun! "

But, the rules about FX remain the same, ie no paid for/commercials.

Mono, poly or both I would think is just fine ... [remember the mono has restrictions on what you can do with wavetables]. But, if you wanna be mono, and use all the wavetable functions, set "polyphony" to 1 :D

HTH

dB

PS. Did my track all with poly!
liqih
DASH Guy

7271 posts since 19 Sep, 2001
doctorbob wrote:BJ said on page 3 way back in history ...

"FYI I don't think we need to put any rules restrictions on this month. Have fun! "

But, the rules about FX remain the same, ie no paid for/commercials.

Mono, poly or both I would think is just fine ... [remember the mono has restrictions on what you can do with wavetables]. But, if you wanna be mono, and use all the wavetable functions, set "polyphony" to 1 :D

HTH

dB

PS. Did my track all with poly!

Thanks db, so we can use the sampled wavetables this time!
And I will use only the free mono Fathom, <wink>
http://nusofting.com
NUSofting : Peti Modelonia Sinnah
BlitBit
KVRist

178 posts since 28 Nov, 2013, from Germany
Hi all,

I have finally uploaded the script that can be used to convert (multicycle) wav files to Fathom's wavetable format. More information can be found in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=501647#p7034180

Kind regards,

BlitBit
FathomSynth
KVRian

BlitBit, Thanks, Brilliant Work!

Fathom Version 2.9.4 is now released!

Fixed Bug 0098 Signal flow object mode cannot be changed in Mac Sierra.
Fixed Bug 0099 Detune save default not being loaded for new plugin track.
Fixed Bug 0100 LFO ADSR Release phase frequency not modulating
Fixed Bug 0103 Solidtrax Preset button stops working after select a modulation.
Fixed Bug 0126 Timing is off at note start if modulate LFO Period with Envelope.
Fixed Bug 0127 Highlight modulation slat when mouse is over target dial.
Fixed Bug 0129 Modulator list should show if each is used or not used.
Fixed Bug 0130 Noise volume does not follow note velocity.
Fixed Bug 0132 Mulab CPU goes up after last note if master EQ enabled.
Fixed Bug 0133 Reverb sounds different after preset loaded if decay set to zero.
Fixed Bug 0134 RSH cycle period is off by one when applied to wave index.
Fixed Bug 0135 Added channel pressure as modulator along side after touch.
Fixed Bug 0137 Noise volume is zero for oscillator copied with ADSR on noise.
Fixed Bug 0138 Envelope is not aligned to song if Period is host automated.
Fixed Bug 0139 Improved realism of Reverb at low values of Distance and Decay.
Fixed Bug 0140 Wave tables cannot be loaded in Mac Sierra.
Fixed Bug 0141 Added Visual Studio build ID to the GUI version string.
Fixed Bug 0142 Host slows down with CPU overload if BPM is automated in real time.
Fixed Bug 0143 Envelope segment type cannot be changed in Mac OSX.
Fixed Bug 0144 Browser preset path not being saved in Mac OSX.
Fixed Bug 0145 Pitch Octave dial automation is performed in semitone steps.
Fixed Bug 0146 Make wave table dials animate for modulation if playing live.
PreviousNext

Moderator: KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments