Dead Developers - who are you missing?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Which developers are you missing these days?

I wouldn't go so far to say Ohm Force is dead - but I really miss them making new plugins.
Another developer I really liked was Divine Machine.

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

I wonder what happened to ArtsAcoustic. I quite liked their reverb when i demo'd it, but, never dared to buy it, because i always found it to be too expensive, and missed any kind of development behind it. Apart from that, i always found that it's a shame that the guy behind Audjoo didn't further developed Helix, or made a Helix v2. A synth with great potential, but, discontinued, as it seems. Cakewalk Z3TA could also be great, if they ever decided to make a version 3 (which i highly doubt at the moment).

First ! Camel Audio (on Windows). I'd love to see a Synth 2 from Ichiro Toda. Can't think of anybody else at the moment......
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:First ! Camel Audio (on Windows).
Camel Audio is a biggie. Yeah I really miss them being outside the Logic eco system.

/C
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

I miss Bernie from Nomad factory...because my Magma and GarbageLSD are unusable bug festivals.
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

Boone777 wrote:I miss Bernie from Nomad factory...because my Magma and GarbageLSD are unusable bug festivals.
How could I forget Bernie ? :dog: No one was as generous to me as he was. :(

However if I'm not mistaken the person who wrote the code for Magma and Garbage is still alive. I agree those plugins do need some bug fix love.....
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Mastrcode Music - makers of T-Force Alpha. Really wish they'd come back or someone else could take on Alpha and continue developing it.

Darker Digital. I'm trying to get the GUI files for Rompulator. PM me if you have them.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

+1 for Divine Machine. I'd like to be able to use the stuff I purchased.

Bornemark. I gave up writing to them. I believe they is dead.

Last edited by dark water on Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aloysius wrote:Bornemark. I gave up writing to them. I believe they is dead.
Yes, Bornemark made some really good plugins.

I actually used to work with him way back in the days of Atari. I think the problem was that his code developer left for other projects and Sven is mainly a idea guy/recording musician.

/C

I miss some of the devs from when synth edit was new, fun and creative-Jack Dark, Acousmodules, TobyBear, HG Fortune, Tweakbench, Novakill, Ugo and Tim Conrady.

Teksonik wrote:
Boone777 wrote:I miss Bernie from Nomad factory...because my Magma and GarbageLSD are unusable bug festivals.
Garbage
Some Dmitry Sches :roll:

And to the topic: Günther the HG Fortune.

Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Return to “Instruments”