Dead Developers - who are you missing?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

notdeadyet wrote:
Debutante wrote:MichaeL Gruhn - LOSER (his name, not a comment)
I'm not dead. I just quit the whole audio plugin thing. I'm surprised - yet somewhat honored - that people are still using my stuff after 10 years.

Anyways, I put my old site from 2013 back online: https://ro.cking.ch/

If there is interest I could also dig up the backups for plugins that were hosted on these other (now defunct) sites:
https://web.archive.org/web/20071214223 ... sseca.com/
https://web.archive.org/web/20110402005 ... hn.com:80/
https://web.archive.org/web/20151001030 ... :80/loser/

But anything prior 2006 requires too much digging for the value this would provide. Also if someone is still clinching on to some plugin I wrote in 2005, you need to move on!

Lastly - for the record - I always open sourced and always will open source any software before abandoning it. Always abandon responsibly!
HAHA!!! I'm sure I'm not the only one. My favorite plugin of yours was the 50HZKicker, that still has no equal I've found in its capacity for control. This one is still a painful loss, although it does load from time to time.

Your transient plugin was coming along very nicely, and you updated it a lot initially I remember...

...and i STILL very very very much use your ABX Compressor test to listen to different styles of compression very quickly. Probably your most important plugin to me.

Thank You Most Kindly for your efforts and R(retire).I.P :) :tu:

Romantique Tp wrote:
Xphraze was coded by reFX. Wizoo only did the UI, samples and presets.
Xphraze was Michael Kleps work and started live as a Wavestation clone. When Korg showed no interest he presented it to Peter Gorges from Wizoo and they decided to take it further. It then became Xphraze and as you already mentioned, Wizoo did the UI, samples and presets. I think I remember that Michael wasn't to happy with the sounddesign - at least partly.

It's a shame though, I really liked XPraze and I wished there was a new version of that thing.

Fielding DSP. These guys had so much potential, it’s a shame they never made another plugin after Reviver.

The guy that made Elekrostudio VST. Imagine what he could make with modern technology.

And the creator of SQ8L it’s a shame that the mysterious creator of this plugin never got around to finishing it. It’s one of those rare examples of a hardware perfect emulation.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

hardwired wrote:
e-modic wrote:Michael Kleps - ReFX

~14 years ago Michael Kleps developed Xphraze, QuadraSID, Vanguard etc. Xphraze was a masterpiece. Just imagine what this guy would have developed these days. He had outstanding creativity. I know reFX still updates Nexus a Rompler but unfortunately no new procucts for ages.
He's very much alive. Name is now Michael Hartmann. Guess he got married and took her last name or something. Can't remember how that went.

Anyway, with how little that's been done since others have left Refx, maybe Michael Kleps isn't the coder many thought and perhaps rather an employer of coders. Not sure either way
Aren’t REFX responsible for coding Vengeance Avenger?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

What people said in this thread. I also miss devine machine which was coded by Nicholas Lacoumette (x-incarn, ect). Brillant coder with great ideas but seems to me he has a knack for abandoning projects. He did a software called cycler 3d which I bought but the software expired a few months after. Was really pissed but not about the money more about the software that stopped working.

Plenty more that disappeared a while back. Bitheadz, ect.
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

notdeadyet wrote: But anything prior 2006 requires too much digging for the value this would provide. Also if someone is still clinching on to some plugin I wrote in 2005, you need to move on!
haha, so true.

MadGav wrote:VAZ may be dead, but you’ve not got rid of me yet! I now occasionally dabble with utilities to work with hardware samplers.

I hear from Dennis (Spin audio, post that 2C audio) every Christmas, and Antti H is an FB friend and visible in sampler circles.

You're the guy that did the VAZ stuff? Fantastic work IMO, and still one of the best sounding.
Sorry - I never purchased it.
I'm in the US, and at that time, I was pretty nervous about buying stuff from overseas.

Anyways - I still have and sometimes use the modular demo.
This thread reminded me of it, so I went back and checked the site.
Just an FYI - I was going to download the other demos and got a warning that VAZ Plus contains a virus.
There was no warning on the VAZ 2010 demo.
Edit: just went back and checked and I also got a virus warning for the modular demo.
I suppose it's possible my anti-virus program is overly sensitive though.

Horribly brash of me, :D but maybe if you're in an especially generous mood sometime,
you could consider removing the restrictions from the demos, so they're fully functional.
Seeing as how they're history and considered dead now.
Alternatively - maybe an update could resurrect them.

MadGav wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:54 am VAZ may be dead, but you’ve not got rid of me yet! I now occasionally dabble with utilities to work with hardware samplers.

I hear from Dennis (Spin audio, post that 2C audio) every Christmas, and Antti H is an FB friend and visible in sampler circles.
any reason why you haven't open sourced vaz?

knobcore wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:21 pm
MadGav wrote: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:54 am VAZ may be dead, but you’ve not got rid of me yet! I now occasionally dabble with utilities to work with hardware samplers.

any reason why you haven't open sourced vaz?
Any reason you think that's an obligation?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I miss Andreas Ersson. Great free plugins.
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

LIN PLUG

Phuturetone.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Home Grown Sounds

Novation. They're not dead, but, they really should do software again.

chk071 wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:18 pm Novation. They're not dead, but, they really should do software again.
Agreed!
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Return to “Instruments”