Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
sqigls
KVRAF

2973 posts since 24 Dec, 2004, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby sqigls; Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:32 am New 'preset browser' for Softube Modular and Heartbeat

Well, it's been a long time coming, just quickly got a glimpse of it, but it's looking rather 'shop-esq'.
I couldn't make any sense of it at first glance.
I was just hoping for a simple patch browser, not a twigs fried in honey or a donkey in a coffin.

Anyone had the time to check out these browsers properly?
Last edited by sqigls on Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
aMUSEd
KVRAF

29540 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net
Is this a seperate app, hard to work out what it is tbh. Does look like they are trying to use a sledgehammer to crack a nut and to have another agenda than simply enabling uses to manage presets which is what was actually asked for

Annoyingly I can’t seem to update my few Softube plugins as I have to go through this Gobbler stuff just to get to them
morelia
KVRAF

4171 posts since 15 May, 2002, from Brisbane , Australia

Postby morelia; Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:44 am Re: New 'preset browser' for Softube Modular and Heartbeat

aMUSEd wrote:Annoyingly I can’t seem to update my few Softube plugins as I have to go through this Gobbler stuff just to get to them

Don't give up
Softube Support wrote:you do not need to use the Gobbler App in order to install and activate your Softube plug-ins. You can bypass the Gobbler App by downloading your plug-ins using separate installers that are available in the 'My Downloads' section of your account page at softube.com: https://www.softube.com/index.php?id=mydownloads. When using this method to install your software, you can handle the license management through the iLok License Manager app.
My Music >>> °morelia ° Intel Core i5 750 2.66GHz, 12gb, Windows 7 (64), Focusrite Saffire 6 USB
sqigls
KVRAF

aMUSEd wrote:...have another agenda than simply enabling uses to manage presets...

yes, this is my first thought.
waiting so long for this, now there's a f**king market stall attached to my drum machine :(

aMUSEd wrote:Annoyingly I can’t seem to update my few Softube plugins as I have to go through this Gobbler stuff just to get to them

in your Softube account, scroll down to the bottom and click on "My Downloads". This will take you to the individual installers.
morelia
KVRAF

4171 posts since 15 May, 2002, from Brisbane , Australia

Postby morelia; Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:00 am Re: New 'preset browser' for Softube Modular and Heartbeat

https://www.softube.com/download.php
All products require at least Intel Core/AMD Athlon 64 or better processor. Please see the System Requirements for more information. If you have an older system, go to the Legacy Installers page.
Select Legacy installers.
My Music >>> °morelia ° Intel Core i5 750 2.66GHz, 12gb, Windows 7 (64), Focusrite Saffire 6 USB
sqigls
KVRAF

Still can't save a drum channel setting,
or a delay preset or any f**king thing other than a circus of tags.

Jezuz Softube.

What happened when Henrik left? Was his brain the only one operational?
Just a f**king patch browser yeah!
Not a website. Not a school magazine. Not a bibliography.

A browser.
Even just the basic means of saving a preset for each module.
Simple OS interface, nothing fancy needed.
Now we have a pop-up billboard full of bright colours and fascinating facts.

customer can eat it huh?
Missed trick.
aMUSEd
KVRAF

29540 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net
morelia wrote:

Don't give up
Softube Support wrote:you do not need to use the Gobbler App in order to install and activate your Softube plug-ins. You can bypass the Gobbler App by downloading your plug-ins using separate installers that are available in the 'My Downloads' section of your account page at softube.com: https://www.softube.com/index.php?id=mydownloads. When using this method to install your software, you can handle the license management through the iLok License Manager app.

I did that but it says I still need it setup a Goobler account, I don’t think I needed any account before as they are all iLoked anyway so downloads should be safe
wagtunes
KVRAF

12907 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:31 am Re: New 'preset browser' for Softube Modular and Heartbeat

Looks like this is one update I won't be installing.

Boggles my mind how this is my best selling library with all the ridiculous problems it has just saving a damn patch. And now this train wreck?

I'm convinced this company is run by a bunch of idiots.
sqigls
KVRAF

quite poorly readable fonts.
GIANT icons with images on them to represent a preset.
A mammoth story of of an introduction that is anchored permanently to this phenomenal waste of space.

I'm SO pissed about this.
What the f**k is wrong with these people!?!?!
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth

26061 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:53 am Re: New 'preset browser' for Softube Modular and Heartbeat

Huh? Where?
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."
sqigls
KVRAF

the new versions of Heartbeat and Modular. they're in your Softube account if you own them.
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth

26061 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:02 am Re: New 'preset browser' for Softube Modular and Heartbeat

sqigls wrote:the new versions of Heartbeat and Modular. they're in your Softube account if you own them.

Ah, I see. For some reason I misread aMUSEd's first post as 'This is a separate app' rather than 'Is this'.
"The bearer of this signature is a genuine and authorised pope."
Julien Unison
KVRist

308 posts since 9 Oct, 2006

Postby Julien Unison; Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:42 am Re: New 'preset browser' for Softube Modular and Heartbeat

wagtunes wrote:Looks like this is one update I won't be installing.

Boggles my mind how this is my best selling library with all the ridiculous problems it has just saving a damn patch. And now this train wreck?

And wagtunes, you know what ?

Even with this new presets manager, your soundset...

... IT DOESNT WORK EITHER !! :dog: :clown: :lol: :o :ud: :cry: :party:

.fxb and .vstpreset are not allowed by this amazing new preset manager that we are waiting for since the eternity !!! (I am a Logic user so I use the AU version of Modular)

I'm not used to run dramas on forums but THIS IS TOTALLY RIDICULOUS, WELL DONE SOFTUBE :clap:
U N I S O N : shoegaze / electronic / black metal wall of sound with heavenly voice
https://soundcloud.com/weareunison / https://www.facebook.com/unison666 / https://weareunison.com/
wagtunes
KVRAF

12907 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:46 am Re: New 'preset browser' for Softube Modular and Heartbeat

Julien Unison wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Looks like this is one update I won't be installing.

And wagtunes, you know what ?

Even with this new presets manager, your soundset...

... IT DOESNT WORK EITHER !! :dog: :clown: :lol: :o :ud: :cry: :party:

.fxb and .vstpreset are not allowed by this amazing new preset manager that we are waiting for since the eternity !!! (I am a Logic user so I use the AU version of Modular)

I'm not used to run dramas on forums but THIS IS TOTALLY RIDICULOUS, WELL DONE SOFTUBE :clap:

I have no words.
Next

Moderator: KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments