Blue II Large Screen Released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know some people don't use Facebook but I saw this today:
Rob Papen wrote:Big screen option BLUE-II is available now!

You can log-in to robpapen.com and download the latest installer in 'My products'. In case you own the eXplorer4 bundle, also log-in and visit 'My products'. Open the download page for eXplorer4 and scroll down until you see the BLUE 2 installer listed. No need to fully download the eXplorer4 installer. You also can download only the BLUE 2 installer and run it.

Inside the preset menu, you can select the big screen or select it on the back panel (click at logo). Note that you need to re-select BLUE-II in your music host to have it changed.
I've downloaded but not yet installed. If Blue II's new large size option is anything like Predator 2 it will be perfect here. Looking forward to giving it a go after breakfast. :hyper:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

It's a massive improvement on my 1080p laptop.

GUI is now nearly the same size as Predator2's big screen option.

Stupid installers that force you to restart after just installing a plugin :x

^ i know right? :evil:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Wonderful news. My favorite RP synth. :tu:

I just choked on my own spit... wat? Let me check it. I've been waiting for this. This is the vst that will take the place of the old Rapture.Very important release.

Bodhisan wrote:Wonderful news. My favorite RP synth. :tu:
I agree. I tried to like Predator, but I never liked the sound. Blue 2, though, is fantastic.

Sadly there are some artifacts around the knobs in the new larger version:
Blue Knobs.png
Anyone else getting these ?
aMUSEd wrote:Stupid installers that force you to restart after just installing a plugin :x
Seriously ? It's fifteen seconds. You just have to delete and reload the plugin :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:Sadly there are some artifacts around the knobs in the new larger version:
Blue Knobs.png
aMUSEd wrote:Stupid installers that force you to restart after just installing a plugin :x
Seriously ? It's fifteen seconds. You just have to delete and reload the plugin :?
No I mean restart the OS - just for a plugin (and it turns out not necessary anyway so don't know why they try and force it - I stopped it and it runs fine)

I get the artifacts under the knobs here too.

Thankfully my eyesight's too bad to see them usually, so I had to use a magnifying glass :)

The installer file is Yuge!
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

Really pleased to have a GUI that's easier on my tired eyes :)
"force quit" is your friend on the mac

Teksonik wrote:Sadly there are some artifacts around the knobs in the new larger version:
Blue Knobs.png
yep same here - looks like all the bitmapped resources (knobs, backgrounds) are being upscaled from the original size too (as opposed to being proper hi-res versions)

Rommelaar wrote:The installer file is Yuge!
just the NKS version - if you opt for the non-NKS one it's back to 'normal' size (so 285mb instead of 1.2gb)

aMUSEd wrote: No I mean restart the OS - just for a plugin (and it turns out not necessary anyway so don't know why they try and force it - I stopped it and it runs fine)
You're on a Mac ? No OS restart required on Windows. At least not for the non NKS version.

Return to “Instruments”