The KVR Audio website is moving to a new server - please expect some disruption to services over the next 24-48 hours.

During the final stages of the transition several services will be disabled on the old server, such as new user registrations, KVR Marketplace transactions, developer admin features, forum search, posting in the forum, etc.

Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
cowby
KVRian

811 posts since 1 Feb, 2005

Postby cowby; Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:48 pm Re: Blue II Large Screen Released

I am glad to see Rob doesn't forget this powerful synth. And bigger UI is what I need otherwise it's hard to do the sound programming. Thanks Rob and the team.
Aloysius
KVRAF

21923 posts since 11 Aug, 2008, from a computer

Postby Aloysius; Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:06 pm Re: Blue II Large Screen Released

I have eXplorer 3.0. It has not been updated since 1 November 2016.
I didn't get where I am today.
Teksonik
KVRAF

11439 posts since 15 Sep, 2001, from Las Vegas,USA

Postby Teksonik; Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:42 pm Re: Blue II Large Screen Released

Aloysius wrote:I have eXplorer 3.0. It has not been updated since 1 November 2016.

Probably because there is an Explorer 4 ?

https://www.robpapen.com/eXplorer4.html
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Aloysius
KVRAF

Postby Aloysius; Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:56 pm Re: Blue II Large Screen Released

You make a good point. However, Blue2 is also part of eXplorer 3.0.
Bodhisan
KVRist

465 posts since 7 Aug, 2015, from H2O

Postby Bodhisan; Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:04 am Re: Blue II Large Screen Released

OneOfManyPauls wrote:Really pleased to have a GUI that's easier on my tired eyes :)

aMUSEd wrote:Stupid installers that force you to restart after just installing a plugin :x

"force quit" is your friend on the mac

Ah, thanks for that tip. It hadn't dawned on me to use that to close the installer. That said, on my screen, the bigger version is rather overwhelming and I prefer the original...
Teksonik
KVRAF

Postby Teksonik; Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:18 am Re: Blue II Large Screen Released

Aloysius wrote:You make a good point. However, Blue2 is also part of eXplorer 3.0.

Isn't Explorer just a Bundle of Rob Papen products ? So the only thing to update would be the included plugins like Blue 2 ? Or am I missing something ?

Anyway Rob has responded to the report of artifacts on the new larger Blue 2 gui so a fix should be forthcoming. No ETA as of yet....... :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Aloysius
KVRAF

Postby Aloysius; Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:25 am Re: Blue II Large Screen Released

No hurry then. Thanks. :)
aMUSEd
KVRAF

29552 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:53 am Re: Blue II Large Screen Released

Bodhisan wrote:
OneOfManyPauls wrote:Really pleased to have a GUI that's easier on my tired eyes :)

aMUSEd wrote:Stupid installers that force you to restart after just installing a plugin :x

Ah, thanks for that tip. It hadn't dawned on me to use that to close the installer. That said, on my screen, the bigger version is rather overwhelming and I prefer the original...

I wouldn’t use force quit on an installer but I found a way to stop the forced restart - if you have an open doc - eg a text file, you get a dialogue asking to save it before shutdown which interrupts the shutdown process
Bodhisan
KVRist

465 posts since 7 Aug, 2015, from H2O

Postby Bodhisan; Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:53 am Re: Blue II Large Screen Released

aMUSEd wrote:
Bodhisan wrote:

I wouldn’t use force quit on an installer but I found a way to stop the forced restart - if you have an open doc - eg a text file, you get a dialogue asking to save it before shutdown which interrupts the shutdown process

It worked just fine, though - no repercussions, fyi (as the install, apparently, has been completed), but having an open doc’s a good idea, too.
Teksonik
KVRAF

Postby Teksonik; Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:37 am Re: Blue II Large Screen Released

From Rob's FB page regarding the artifacts in the new larger GUI :

"PC version is already fixed. So download again and run the installer. Mac will follow". :)
Grizzellda
KVRist

468 posts since 21 Feb, 2015

Postby Grizzellda; Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:24 am Re: Blue II Large Screen Released

Wow, just a great big shout out and "thank you" to Rob and Jon. :hihi: 8)

They had said they were working on this, and I have really been waiting for this! I think other Blue II users have as well. Most of my posts around here are about some GUI thing...would be great if this inspires other developers.
Last edited by Grizzellda on Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Teksonik
KVRAF

Postby Teksonik; Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:05 am Re: Blue II Large Screen Released

Arghhhh there are still artifacts on the FX Page knobs and under the FX 3 and FX 4 labels. Reported. :?
dune_rave
KVRian

1127 posts since 22 Jun, 2006, from Hungary

Postby dune_rave; Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:58 am Re: Blue II Large Screen Released

It's a nice update and also works when using Blue2 via PRISMA.
On the other hand we have to wait to use SubBoomBass2 in Prisma.
I think all RP synths got the big gui....no, RG not yet.
RP is a super developer :)
Igro
KVRAF

3987 posts since 26 Apr, 2007, from Noosphere

Postby Igro; Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:17 pm Re: Blue II Large Screen Released

The new GUI is huge! The old is tiny. The third option shall be in the middle.
MoodyB
KVRist

74 posts since 30 Jun, 2005, from Scotland

Postby MoodyB; Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:50 am Re: Blue II Large Screen Released

If you find the big gui too large then you could lower your windows scaling percentage in Display Settings.

This will make everything smaller though.
PreviousNext

Moderator: KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments