Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
Bass Master from Loopmasters

Heavy, speaker-shaking tones are just a few clicks away with Bass Master. This synth is totally dedicated to bass, and it's built on Loopmasters' award-winning sonic history.

Whether you are making House, Techno, Drum and Bass, Trap, Hip Hop or other electronic music styles, Bass Master's huge variety of source sounds provide the inspiration for a weighty, powerful bass tone.

Read more at www.pluginboutique.com
Local Man
KVRist

203 posts since 30 May, 2017

Postby Local Man; Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:45 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #110: JuceOPLVSTi by Bruce Sutherland

I'm sensing a trend here. A lot of people seem to be scrapping their first attempt with this one. I'm in the same boat. Starting over from scratch. As limited as this synth may seem, there are a lot of possibilities.
TrojakEW
KVRist

209 posts since 20 Mar, 2012, from Slovakia

Postby TrojakEW; Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:20 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #110: JuceOPLVSTi by Bruce Sutherland

In previous round I switched my entry but not this time. I'm still "working" on same "jazz" track and I don't care how it ends because it is fun :D .

schiing wrote:Yeah, it's funny how that works. I have to thank you, though, because when you posted your excellent track right after mine, I immediately realized what an amateurish mess mine was. :lol:

Uff call your track mess :o Well ok then I like your mess :lol: .
Image Image Image Image
baalisoda
KVRist

146 posts since 7 Apr, 2017, from Vellore, Tamilnadu, India

Postby baalisoda; Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:59 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #110: JuceOPLVSTi by Bruce Sutherland

schiing wrote:Well, I'm trying again, totally different approach this time. Namaste, perhaps?? And may the patience be with you, the reward is (hopefully) in the details - here's my new submission for the April challenge.

https://soundcloud.com/terjefjelde/breakfast-in-the-sky

10 instances of JuceOPL, all sounds from scratch.

Efx: Pro EQ, TAL Reverb 4, BootEQmkII, TDR VOS SlickEQ, Limiter6

Liked both of your attempts. First one was more retro flavoured while this one was more contemporary post-rock kinda feel (minus drums)

All the best, mate! :tu:
https://baalisoda.bandcamp.com
schiing
KVRist

146 posts since 27 Oct, 2015

Postby schiing; Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:58 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #110: JuceOPLVSTi by Bruce Sutherland

TrojakEW wrote:In previous round I switched my entry but not this time. I'm still "working" on same "jazz" track and I don't care how it ends because it is fun :D .

Ooh, OPL jazz will be interesting! :)

TrojakEW wrote:Uff call your track mess :o Well ok then I like your mess :lol: .

Thanks, TrojakEW - and Baali Soda, too! I must be too close to my own work. :lol:

I think the first track brought back nightmares from when I struggled with Sound Blaster 16 back in the day, endlessly layering sound on sound to try to hide the limitations of the sound card - it's like I suddenly got this claustrophobic feeling that everything was status quo since 1992 and I'd learnt nothing in the past 25 years! The last track might not be everyone's cup of tea, but it's comforting to know that it's a lot closer to my contemporary musical self. :lol:
jasinski
KVRian

587 posts since 19 Oct, 2003, from Seattle

Postby jasinski; Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:10 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #110: JuceOPLVSTi by Bruce Sutherland

Local Man wrote:I'm sensing a trend here. A lot of people seem to be scrapping their first attempt with this one. I'm in the same boat. Starting over from scratch. As limited as this synth may seem, there are a lot of possibilities.

Every month I have 4-6 tracks started... 8)
schiing
KVRist

Postby schiing; Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:17 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #110: JuceOPLVSTi by Bruce Sutherland

jasinski wrote:
Local Man wrote:I'm sensing a trend here. A lot of people seem to be scrapping their first attempt with this one. I'm in the same boat. Starting over from scratch. As limited as this synth may seem, there are a lot of possibilities.

That actually sounds like an excellent strategy. But man, with all these tracks going on at once you must have a lot more energy than I do! I get stressed out making creative decisions one track at a time. 6 tracks?? Forget about it! :lol:
jasinski
KVRian

587 posts since 19 Oct, 2003, from Seattle

Postby jasinski; Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:51 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #110: JuceOPLVSTi by Bruce Sutherland

schiing wrote:
jasinski wrote:

That actually sounds like an excellent strategy. But man, with all these tracks going on at once you must have a lot more energy than I do! I get stressed out making creative decisions one track at a time. 6 tracks?? Forget about it! :lol:

Well it's more like branching.. so I save out a track at a certain point and start morphing it into something else.
Grooveshack
KVRer

18 posts since 16 Apr, 2018

Postby Grooveshack; Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:01 am Re: One Synth Challenge #110: JuceOPLVSTi by Bruce Sutherland

Hello there. I'll just leave this here...

Ableton Live 9
31 instances of JuceOPLVSTi

27x Live Eq8
3x Live autoFilter (nothing auto about it, just some one-knob eq)
5x Live AutoPan (nothing that I couldn't have automated by hand...)
17x Live Compressor
1x Live Reverb
2x Live PingPong delay
1x Live Limiter
3x IVGI2 (you won't even notice its there...)

https://soundcloud.com/user-213640358/grooveshack-lazy-fat-dirty-bastard

I just let the synth do its thing :D It's dirty and random thing...
ontrackp
KVRian

596 posts since 13 Jan, 2013, from United States

Postby ontrackp; Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:39 am Re: One Synth Challenge #110: JuceOPLVSTi by Bruce Sutherland

My entry for this month.
I had lots of issues with midi timing, and ultimately just embraced it and let the chips fall where they may. This was a fun synth -- amazing amount of sound-making potential, but I found the envelopes to be pretty clunky and coarse. At the end of the day it was fun, and I hope you enjoy. As usual the synth led me to places that I normally would not go, and I've continued my exploration of sound textures rather than traditional musical arranging -- a direction the OSC has been leading me on for the last several months.

21 Instances in Logic Pro X. Logic rvb, EQ, stereo spreader on one or two tracks, compressors, Limiter No 6 on master bus. No presets.

https://soundcloud.com/ontrackp/juce-os ... ix-4-final
] Peter:H [
KVRian

537 posts since 22 Sep, 2016

Postby ] Peter:H [; Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:07 am Re: One Synth Challenge #110: JuceOPLVSTi by Bruce Sutherland

My Entry.
Me and a Bottle of Red Wine and some Novichok decided to go for this entry

https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/lies ... igh-purity
hivkorn
KVRAF

2620 posts since 6 Sep, 2007, from France

Postby hivkorn; Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:46 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #110: JuceOPLVSTi by Bruce Sutherland

someone know how i can have the osx vst version or a free AU to VST bridge ?
schiing
KVRist

Postby schiing; Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:05 am Re: One Synth Challenge #110: JuceOPLVSTi by Bruce Sutherland

Here's another exclusive Juce OPL track that I made yesterday. It's not part of the competition (unless I change my mind again - right now I'm thinking maybe it's my best Juce track, haha), but hey, I thought it might be of interest since it's a Juce track. I'm always curious when new tracks are posted to see what others are doing with the synth - I'm sure many of you feel the same way :hyper: And I'd appreciate if you could help me find a tag for Soundcloud - I don't know what kind of genre this is. Leftfield electronica??

https://soundcloud.com/terjefjelde/exhaust
Too86
KVRer

10 posts since 15 Apr, 2018

Postby Too86; Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:01 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #110: JuceOPLVSTi by Bruce Sutherland

How do you guys handle new version uploads to SoundCloud without paying for pro subscription? You can't seem to be able to replace the file without paying. Do you just delete the old one and reupload to SC as a new song and edit your post here with a link to the new version?
progtronic
KVRian

514 posts since 27 Jul, 2010

Postby progtronic; Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:45 pm Re: One Synth Challenge #110: JuceOPLVSTi by Bruce Sutherland

Too86 wrote:How do you guys handle new version uploads to SoundCloud without paying for pro subscription? You can't seem to be able to replace the file without paying. Do you just delete the old one and reupload to SC as a new song and edit your post here with a link to the new version?

Yep, delete...

If you name the new one, the exact same name as the previous.. it will create the same (old/previous) link. You won't have to change anything, anywhere you posted the old link. You'll lose all your comments though.

I've done this a lot.. I'm too poor for a pro sub. :P
functionform
KVRist

184 posts since 13 May, 2017, from Virginia

Postby functionform; Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:58 am Re: One Synth Challenge #110: JuceOPLVSTi by Bruce Sutherland

The replace feature is lame anyway. The mobile client (afaik both android and ios) both cache the track. So if someone has listened to your track, and you re-upload it, they wont hear the new version unless they go through the various menus to clear cache on their phone. Terrible user experience.

To avoid this, I'm going to start experimenting with private track first, which I delete later to after I make the inevitable post upload fixes.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments