Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Halonmusic
KVRian

1428 posts since 13 Nov, 2015, from Norway

Postby Halonmusic; Fri May 04, 2018 6:17 pm Re: Crust [pre-alpha]

EscapeControl wrote:Crust can use external signals for FM and AM, which you have to supply though audio inputs. At least in FL, those are only available when you label a plugin as an effect.

Ah now i understand what you mean. It could be done through Patcher i assume aswell. I use fl studio myself.
- 32bit for Life, 32bit Forever -
Julien Unison
KVRist

288 posts since 9 Oct, 2006

Postby Julien Unison; Fri May 04, 2018 6:19 pm Re: Crust [pre-alpha]

1eqinfinity > Please, even if you have now tons of requests and ideas to add, keep this synth raw and crazy, as it's i think the principal colour and originality that makes the DNA of it.

I totally love its sonic madness.

Maybe just a little more clarity to the meaning of his controls, and the fun randomize option and you're done.
U N I S O N : shoegaze / electronic / black metal wall of sound with heavenly voice
https://soundcloud.com/weareunison / https://www.facebook.com/unison666 / https://weareunison.com/
schiing
KVRist

148 posts since 27 Oct, 2015

Postby schiing; Sat May 05, 2018 8:43 am Re: Crust [pre-alpha]

Julien Unison wrote:1eqinfinity > Please, even if you have now tons of requests and ideas to add, keep this synth raw and crazy, as it's i think the principal colour and originality that makes the DNA of it.

I totally love its sonic madness.

Maybe just a little more clarity to the meaning of his controls, and the fun randomize option and you're done.

I agree - this one's already an amazing synth in a "pre-alpha" state. I discovered it through OSC this month, and I'm having so much fun right now - cool rhythm patterns, great percussion and pads, crazy fm stuff with constantly changing movement - so good!

The only thing I can think of in terms of improvements, and this could just be down to my incompetence, is that I've had some trouble getting nice, even curves with a slow osc attack - I find it's too slow at the start, and when the sound sets in the crescendo's a bit too violent. But I think you mentioned somewhere that you changed the filter curves in an update - maybe you changed the osc curves as well? If so, I'm sorry for bringing it up here - I'm too far into my OSC track, so I don't dare to replace the version I'm currently using, v.0.7.4., until I've finished my entry. :-)

Thanks for an excellent synth!
generaldiomedes
KVRian

503 posts since 14 Apr, 2017, from Canada

Postby generaldiomedes; Sat May 05, 2018 9:43 am Re: Crust [pre-alpha]

schiing wrote:I agree - this one's already an amazing synth in a "pre-alpha" state. I discovered it through OSC this month, and I'm having so much fun right now - cool rhythm patterns, great percussion and pads, crazy fm stuff with constantly changing movement - so good!

Yeah, this is what I felt was missing from Juce - limited movement capabilities in terms of movement. Crust has so many possibilities I feel like i need 8 arms to try them all at once :)
Grooveshack
KVRer

18 posts since 16 Apr, 2018

Postby Grooveshack; Sun May 06, 2018 12:24 am Re: Crust [pre-alpha]

Yeh don't ruin the synth it's great already! Thou i would love an option to have an extra adsr and/or lfo which could be connected to basically any of the knobs.... ;) Or did i just not figure it out yet?

edit: and yes i know this is doable with external plugins / automation but i feel like this would be a nice addition to the crazyness :)
1eqinfinity
KVRist

190 posts since 29 Apr, 2012

Postby 1eqinfinity; Sun May 06, 2018 11:43 am Re: Crust [pre-alpha]

Thank you guys, I'm glad you're digging the crazyness of Crust :) It was intentional and I'm definitely keeping it. As to the improvements/requests:
- envelope attack needs some more improvement indeed, I've got this note from several different musicians and designers
- there are no modulators as of yet (except for the shivers and the filter envelope), but I want to add some later
- randomize button seems a nice idea
yehboy1
KVRer

21 posts since 13 Mar, 2017

Postby yehboy1; Mon May 07, 2018 7:02 am Re: Crust [pre-alpha]

Man I love the character of this synth. Totally blown away by the sound.
TheNeverScene
KVRist

424 posts since 1 Dec, 2016

Postby TheNeverScene; Wed May 09, 2018 5:50 pm Re: Crust [pre-alpha]

Anyone here on this thread have some insight on why the developer has been banned? Completely out of nowhere and makes no sense to me, so very curious. :shrug:
Halonmusic
KVRian

Postby Halonmusic; Wed May 09, 2018 6:16 pm Re: Crust [pre-alpha]

TheNeverScene wrote:Anyone here on this thread have some insight on why the developer has been banned? Completely out of nowhere and makes no sense to me, so very curious. :shrug:

The hell !? How did this come about !? :( :x
TheNeverScene
KVRist

424 posts since 1 Dec, 2016

Postby TheNeverScene; Wed May 09, 2018 6:17 pm Re: Crust [pre-alpha]

Halonmusic wrote:
TheNeverScene wrote:Anyone here on this thread have some insight on why the developer has been banned? Completely out of nowhere and makes no sense to me, so very curious. :shrug:

That is the million dollar question! No idea!! Hopefully some sort of mistake.
Halonmusic
KVRian

Postby Halonmusic; Wed May 09, 2018 6:27 pm Re: Crust [pre-alpha]

TheNeverScene wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:

That is the million dollar question! No idea!! Hopefully some sort of mistake.

Yeah damn. :neutral:
Julien Unison
KVRist

288 posts since 9 Oct, 2006

Postby Julien Unison; Thu May 10, 2018 3:21 am Re: Crust [pre-alpha]

Capture d’écran 2018-05-10 à 13.18.56.png

W T F ????!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
U N I S O N : shoegaze / electronic / black metal wall of sound with heavenly voice
https://soundcloud.com/weareunison / https://www.facebook.com/unison666 / https://weareunison.com/
cactoos_dahoo
KVRist

56 posts since 4 Jan, 2005, from Bristol, UK

Postby cactoos_dahoo; Thu May 10, 2018 9:41 pm Re: Crust [pre-alpha]

Fastest compo ever... even for the "watchers" ;]
J.Ruegg
KVRist

214 posts since 16 Mar, 2013, from Lima - Perú

Postby J.Ruegg; Fri May 11, 2018 5:57 am Re: Crust [pre-alpha]

cactoos_dahoo wrote:Fastest compo ever... even for the "watchers" ;]

First post in... 4 years, :o where have you been Cactoos?, such a long time :)
fairplay
KVRist

65 posts since 24 Apr, 2013

Postby fairplay; Fri May 11, 2018 9:11 am Re: Crust [pre-alpha]

I've asked 1eqinfinity on vk.com -- he is totally confused about this fact. He said that moderator didn't respond him for direct "why" question.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments