Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
Tj Shredder
KVRian

642 posts since 6 Jan, 2017, from Outer Space

Postby Tj Shredder; Sun May 13, 2018 11:50 am Re: Crust [pre-alpha]

Eugene is back, the ban is lifted. Don't know when he will recognize it...; - )
Tj Shredder
KVRian

Postby Tj Shredder; Sun May 13, 2018 11:54 am Re: Crust [pre-alpha]

I'll just add a request. The envelopes seem to be logarithmic, but for the attack, the wrong way around. Its almost impossible to create a really slow attack. The outcome is more like a delayed attack which is never slow, it jumps after a while fast to its max. Very unnatural... in this case even linear would be better...
Halonmusic
KVRian

1166 posts since 13 Nov, 2015, from Norway

Postby Halonmusic; Mon May 14, 2018 8:18 am Re: Crust [pre-alpha]

What was the reason for his ban ?
- 32bit for Life, 32bit Forever -
ENV1
KVRAF

2226 posts since 31 Aug, 2011

Postby ENV1; Mon May 14, 2018 8:22 am Re: Crust [pre-alpha]

Still shows as banned here.
Halonmusic
KVRian

Postby Halonmusic; Mon May 14, 2018 8:25 am Re: Crust [pre-alpha]

Yeah.
levendis
KVRist

65 posts since 23 Mar, 2014

Postby levendis; Mon May 14, 2018 8:39 am Re: Crust [pre-alpha]

1eqinfinity's posts on HYOVA plugins threads are always courteous and attentive. Crust is currently featured for KVR's One Synth Challenge. How can such prestige end up crestfallen by a ban?
temp_username
KVRer

2 posts since 15 May, 2018

Postby temp_username; Tue May 15, 2018 2:19 am ban

Hi guys! It's Eugene, aka 1eqinfinity.

I have to clarify things a bit. The whole situation with my ban is prolonged, opaque and negatively affects my image. People writing and asking questions.

First of all, thanks for your support, guys. I appreciate that.

This account will not be used publicly except for the messages in Ribs and Crust threads. If and when I get my account back this one will be abandoned (if not banned ;)).

It looks like some troubled kiddo stole my account (keep your passwords fresh!) and wrote a rude post in the Reason thread. Perhaps there were some PMs too, this I don't know.

At first I didn't know about that post. As soon as a friendly KVR user contacted me about the ban I wrote a mail to KVR. Couple of days later I found out about the post in the Reason thread. I wrote a new mail to KVR about that. I also requested some tech info from them about the post to find out how and when my account was stolen. I hope I will get that info eventually.

A day later the friendly user told me the ban was lifted. At that moment I had time to only change the password. When I tried to log in to clear the mess a couple of hours later I saw that I'm banned again.

As of now, nobody on behalf of KVR have ever contacted me in any way.

I don't know for sure who banned me. I registered this acound today and wrote to the mod who, as I assume, banned me. We'll see what happens next.

And just in case, I screened this post.
Tj Shredder
KVRian

Postby Tj Shredder; Tue May 15, 2018 2:26 am Re: ban

temp_username wrote:Hi guys! It's Eugene, aka 1eqinfinity.

I have to clarify things a bit. The whole situation with my ban is prolonged, opaque and negatively affects my image. People writing and asking questions.

First of all, thanks for your support, guys. I appreciate that.

This account will not be used publicly except for the messages in Ribs and Crust threads. If and when I get my account back this one will be abandoned (if not banned ;)).

It looks like some troubled kiddo stole my account (keep your passwords fresh!) and wrote a rude post in the Reason thread. Perhaps there were some PMs too, this I don't know.

At first I didn't know about that post. As soon as a friendly KVR user contacted me about the ban I wrote a mail to KVR. Couple of days later I found out about the post in the Reason thread. I wrote a new mail to KVR about that. I also requested some tech info from them about the post to find out how and when my account was stolen. I hope I will get that info eventually.

A day later the friendly user told me the ban was lifted. At that moment I had time to only change the password. When I tried to log in to clear the mess a couple of hours later I saw that I'm banned again.

As of now, nobody on behalf of KVR have ever contacted me in any way.

I don't know for sure who banned me. I registered this acound today and wrote to the mod who, as I assume, banned me. We'll see what happens next.

And just in case, I screened this post.

I hope your action will now get at least the communication going... There is enough public interest to get finally some transparency about your issue...
Most bans I have seen here had clear indications why a ban happened, in your case there is no hint so far...
Halonmusic
KVRian

Postby Halonmusic; Tue May 15, 2018 8:41 am Re: Crust [pre-alpha]

Damn sorry to hear that Eugene. Hope everything will be ok soon
Tj Shredder
KVRian

Postby Tj Shredder; Tue May 15, 2018 10:15 pm Re: Crust [pre-alpha]

Finally the court has concluded a verdict of not guilty. Eugene is back...
1eqinfinity
KVRist

161 posts since 29 Apr, 2012

Postby 1eqinfinity; Wed May 16, 2018 6:31 am Re: Crust [pre-alpha]

Hi everybody :)
I got a message from the moderator today with a detailed explanation of what had happened and apologies. Long story short, me and the troll guy are both using VPN and it looks like there was an IP overlap. The troll was very active, creating new users and posting, and I got banned by mistake. It is still to be cleared how the troll's message appeared to be posted under my username though.
Anyway, things are back to normal!
Drew Lake
KVRer

9 posts since 16 Jul, 2017

Postby Drew Lake; Thu May 17, 2018 1:59 am Re: Crust [pre-alpha]

1eqinfinity wrote:Hi everybody :)
I got a message from the moderator today with a detailed explanation of what had happened and apologies. Long story short, me and the troll guy are both using VPN and it looks like there was an IP overlap. The troll was very active, creating new users and posting, and I got banned by mistake. It is still to be cleared how the troll's message appeared to be posted under my username though.
Anyway, things are back to normal!

Awesome! Glad it was sorted and good to see you back! :)
1eqinfinity
KVRist

161 posts since 29 Apr, 2012

Postby 1eqinfinity; Thu May 17, 2018 4:33 am Re: Crust [pre-alpha]

Thanks!
bftucker
KVRian

1073 posts since 30 Apr, 2004, from Louisville, KY

Postby bftucker; Thu May 17, 2018 4:36 am Re: Crust [pre-alpha]

Your banning was surprising and you were definitely due an apology. I respect our moderators here at KVR but their response to objections to the ban were, shall we say, less than satisfactory. Still, all is well that ends well.

Welcome back!

:hug:
바보
TheNeverScene
KVRist

388 posts since 1 Dec, 2016

Postby TheNeverScene; Thu May 17, 2018 8:32 pm Re: Crust [pre-alpha]

Thank goodness!! :clap: :clap: :clap: Now pop back in over that the OSC and say "Cheese"! :)

....wait, how do we know this is really you? :clown:
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments