Crust [pre-alpha]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Listening to the demos, it sounds like an interesting synth. But unfortunately i cant use it due to the 'no sound' thing.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Since I couldn't get this going in Renoise I loaded it into Reaper and had a play. I really like the character of this synth, beautiful for detuned lo-fi stuff I can see it becoming a staple for me if the Renoise issue can be fixed. It compliments something like Phonec 2 very nicely.

Ah so it works in some DAWs and not others. The sound problems I had was in FL Studio 12. I can try it out in the recently (re)released Cakewalk over the weekend to see if it works there. Hoping to see an update to fix the sound issue though as FL is my main DAW.

Russell Grand wrote:I think this baby might need some more fine-tuning before being unleashed out into the world.
Russel, that is precisely what "pre-alpha" in the topic name stands for ;)

1eqinfinity wrote:I've added the overview video to the topic.
Drew Lake wrote:Had a mess around with it on Reaper (Window 10 x64) and once I got my head around what does what, it sounds pretty good. :tu: What's a Shiver though? I figured so far it works like a LFO... :shrug:

Thank you once again for kindly giving us the community a great free instrument.
I'm glad you like it :) Shiver is kind of LFO, but a noisy one. It makes parameter values emmm...shiver :) Like it shakes around a set value in a chaotic fashion. There's an explanation in the new video @01:55. I'd like to add several more types in the future like sine and square waves, exponential jitters, etc. I've chose that name for the parameter long ago. Idk, maybe "jitter" is a better fit.
Thanks for the video, it helped a lot. :) I must say I love this synth because I'm creating some neat and crazy-ass sounds from it as well as some great leads etc.

Drew Lake wrote:Thanks for the video, it helped a lot. :) I must say I love this synth because I'm creating some neat and crazy-ass sounds from it as well as some great leads etc.
Thanks for your feedback! :)

1eqinfinity wrote:
Drew Lake wrote:Thanks for the video, it helped a lot. :) I must say I love this synth because I'm creating some neat and crazy-ass sounds from it as well as some great leads etc.
Thanks for your feedback! :)
So are you going to do something about the 'no sound' issue?
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

After watching the overview video, it's my opinion the "why bother with yet another VA" folks have a good answer here; great to see familiar structure with genuinely novel wrinkles/options. The possibilities are certainly intriguing, and I believe Crust will find a lot of fans when it's ready for prime time. Sound designers like Armin Kujashi would no doubt find pleasure in creating preset banks for Crust, as again, IMHO it's got great twists on an old idea.
Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

Halonmusic wrote:So are you going to do something about the 'no sound' issue?
Sure, I'm on it. It would be nice if you tell me which DAW you are using.

1eqinfinity wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:So are you going to do something about the 'no sound' issue?
Sure, I'm on it. It would be nice if you tell me which DAW you are using.
I did in an earlier post. energyXT 3. Thanks for looking into it.

ccDuckett wrote:After watching the overview video, it's my opinion the "why bother with yet another VA" folks have a good answer here; great to see familiar structure with genuinely novel wrinkles/options. The possibilities are certainly intriguing, and I believe Crust will find a lot of fans when it's ready for prime time. Sound designers like Armin Kujashi would no doubt find pleasure in creating preset banks for Crust, as again, IMHO it's got great twists on an old idea.
Thank you! I'm happy that you get the idea behind Crust :)
There are many really good VA synths indeed, and some stellar ones (like U-he). But there are features of sound that I've heard in some of my favorive modern techno/ambient/IDM projects that are done only live with a network of modules.

Halonmusic wrote:I did in an earlier post. energyXT 3. Thanks for looking into it.
Ah, ok!
I just want to make it clear that the following updates will address the problem, but it might require some more time to fix.

1eqinfinity wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:I did in an earlier post. energyXT 3. Thanks for looking into it.
Ah, ok!
I just want to make it clear that the following updates will address the problem, but it might require some more time to fix.
No problem ;)

No sound in Ableton live10, on windows 7.

Would be nice if you could fix that. :tu:

Sounds really good. Looking forward to the beta. Let me know if you’d like some UI art. I love a good crusty UI.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Instruments”