Crust [pre-alpha]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Working in bitwig now too,thanks

Im curious, is that the final gui? I find i very hard to read the text.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote:Im curious, is that the final gui? I find i very hard to read the text.
No, and the functionality is not final either. What is it about the text that makes it read hard? Can you provide a screenshot (maybe there's a system font issue or something)?

Sadly Crust v0.7.3 doesn't load on my Windows 10 64 Bit machine, neither in Bitwig nor in Plogue Bidule.

Regards,
tl.

1eqinfinity wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:Im curious, is that the final gui? I find i very hard to read the text.
No, and the functionality is not final either. What is it about the text that makes it read hard? Can you provide a screenshot (maybe there's a system font issue or something)?
Its just my old eyes. :wink:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

tl wrote:Sadly Crust v0.7.3 doesn't load on my Windows 10 64 Bit machine, neither in Bitwig nor in Plogue Bidule.
Interesting. Is there any error message from a host or something like that?

1eqinfinity wrote:Interesting. Is there any error message from a host or something like that?
Bidule wrote:I:0x 510:7368:851097752:Updating VST cache .. in C:\Users\8pointer\AppData\Roaming\Plogue\Bidule\vst_x64.cache with 1 new entries.
I:0x 510:7368:851097752:dll,longId,uniqueID,vendor,effname,product,numParams,numInputs,numOutputs,isSynth,canReceiveMidi,canSendMidi,canSendVstTimeInfo,canReceiveVstTimeInfo,canReplace
C:\Vstplugins\x64\VstInstr\Div\Crust.dllE:0x 610:7368:851098329:LoadLibrary failed for C:\Vstplugins\x64\VstInstr\Div\Crust.dll with 1114
. HMODULE is 0
Bitwig wrote:com.bitwig.flt.library.metadata.reader.exception.CouldNotReadMetadataException: could not read metadata: Could not read VST plug-in metadata
64 bit plugin host reported errors: Pluginhost returned non zero exit code -1
32 bit plugin host reported errors: Pluginhost returned non zero exit code -1

Very cool sounding synth with some interesting parameters! I love the 'post-soviet' style interface as well.

@tl thanks for the details.

What wonderfully complex waveforms you can make! I love the sound of the animation. This instrument sounds terrific.

1eqinfinity wrote:
levendis wrote: Also, it seems the case that audio input is passed through to the plugin's output, as well as providing modulation source.
Thanks for pointing this out. So that's the thing:
- The framework I use has the rule: if a plugin is an instrument, it passes the incoming audio through.
Would you mind bundling an effect VST version too. The hosts i use easily allow VST FX to receive MIDI.
1eqinfinity wrote: The bottom line is: the next update will contain a manual setting for substracting the input signals. This is the most flexible way of handling the issue, I think :)
i look forward to this tweak, and shall report if the dry signal is masked.

Thanks!

Works in FL Studio now too!

Cool sounds from this. Unlike others here, I actually like the GUI.

levendis wrote:Would you mind bundling an effect VST version too. The hosts i use easily allow VST FX to receive MIDI.
I too use such hosts ;) However it is more troublesome and errorprone to develop it this way. It is really an instrument, and removing sent signal from its output if needed will be a matter of 3 clicks. I'm thinking that I should change Ribs to be an instrument too, btw. Cubase users can have only a subset of Ribs' options for example.

@generaldiomedes, Eirikur, Russell Grand thanks guys ;)

Same here :

windows 10 x64 :

plugin not seenin ableton 10/bitwig 2.3/reason 10

I had to say i have a 1st i7 gen processor, so no AVX support,in case crust was compiled with AVX support

thx

update 0.7.4:

new features:
- input masking setting (see routing config)
- adjustable tooltips text size (see tooltip control menu)

improvements:
- softer envelopes' ramps
- better knob target areas for easier mouse control (this is especially noticeable with osc freq Num/Denom controls)

Return to “Instruments”