Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
perpetual3
KVRist

191 posts since 28 Sep, 2012

Postby perpetual3; Thu May 10, 2018 12:26 pm Re: TAL Mod (v 1.1 out) - (Intro Price extended till 14th May)

masterhiggins wrote:
perpetual3 wrote:
Xenox.AFL wrote:I do not want to make self promotion but if you want to use old analog sounds, i released a library for the TAL Sampler some weeks ago were i used all the analog and digital FM synth from the old days, i created everything from the ground up and processed it through analog outboard.

More infos on my website...

http://www.particular-sound.de/wordpres ... r-edition/

Enough self promotion, thanks...

Frank

These presets - and the TAL Mod presets - are fantastic. And this comes from a self-professed preset critic who almost never buys presets. Top recommendation!

Where do you see the tal mod presets? I don't see any on the site.

They are included in the synth.
perpetual3
KVRist

Postby perpetual3; Thu May 10, 2018 12:27 pm Re: TAL Mod (v 1.1 out) - (Intro Price extended till 14th May)

I dislike to gush about TAL but there is just both Mod and Sampler really hit the sweet spot for me.
mholloway
KVRian

824 posts since 10 Jan, 2009, from Portland, OR, USA

Postby mholloway; Thu May 10, 2018 12:28 pm Re: TAL Mod (v 1.1 out) - (Intro Price extended till 14th May)

TAL-Mod has a programming limitation identical to Serum from Xfer -- the obnoxious hard-wiring of the Amp Env to control the Amp shape for every sound source.

Ideally, this would be configurable / override-able.

As is, you have three different Oscs plus a Noise source, and yet all of these sound sources are required to have the same Amplitude shape, because the single Amp Env will always shape them. That's really quite limiting.

And yes, you can route the other envelopes to modulate the Vol of the Oscs, but the modulated output will *still* pass through the Amp Env and get shaped again there, so it's not the same as offering independent volume envelope control to the various sound sources.

I'd hope Patrick would think over this matter and consider removing the 'absolute' nature of the Amp Env so we can open up a new level of amp env shape controls across the 4 sound sources the synth offers.
www.dwifh.com - old-school industrial music by DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER
BlackWinny
KVRAF

3376 posts since 17 Jun, 2013, from very close to Paris, France

Postby BlackWinny; Thu May 10, 2018 12:32 pm Re: TAL Mod (v 1.1 out) - (Intro Price extended till 14th May)

perpetual3 wrote:I dislike to gush about TAL but there is just both Mod and Sampler really hit the sweet spot for me.

It takes all sorts to make a world.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
Tastler
KVRer

5 posts since 23 Mar, 2017

Postby Tastler; Thu May 10, 2018 1:03 pm Re: TAL Mod (v 1.1 out) - (Intro Price extended till 14th May)

perpetual3 wrote:
Xenox.AFL wrote:I do not want to make self promotion but if you want to use old analog sounds, i released a library for the TAL Sampler some weeks ago were i used all the analog and digital FM synth from the old days, i created everything from the ground up and processed it through analog outboard.

Frank

These presets - and the TAL Mod presets - are fantastic. And this comes from a self-professed preset critic who almost never buys presets. Top recommendation!

Thanks - working on the TAL-Mod presets was actually really fun :tu:

cheers
Tastler
KVRer

Postby Tastler; Thu May 10, 2018 1:08 pm Re: TAL Mod (v 1.1 out) - (Intro Price extended till 14th May)

masterhiggins wrote:
perpetual3 wrote:

Frank

Where do you see the tal mod presets? I don't see any on the site.

cheers
BlackWinny
KVRAF

Postby BlackWinny; Thu May 10, 2018 1:16 pm Re: TAL Mod (v 1.1 out) - (Intro Price extended till 14th May)

Tastler, you're welcome ! Image
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
mholloway
KVRian

Postby mholloway; Thu May 10, 2018 1:16 pm Re: TAL Mod (v 1.1 out) - (Intro Price extended till 14th May)

lol, the guy knows where the factory presets are for TAL-mod. He was misunderstanding Xenox's post about TAL Sampler, and referring to the fact that there are no TAL-Mod presets available on Xenox site.
BlackWinny
KVRAF

Postby BlackWinny; Thu May 10, 2018 1:19 pm Re: TAL Mod (v 1.1 out) - (Intro Price extended till 14th May)

mholloway wrote:lol, the guy knows where the factory presets are for TAL-mod. He was misunderstanding Xenox's post about TAL Sampler, and referring to the fact that there are no TAL-Mod presets available on Xenox site.

Of course... since Frank (Xenox) said that these presets are "factory presets" (for TAL-Mod).

For TAL-Sampler the presets that he showed are not factory presets and they are not free. They are here:
http://www.particular-sound.de/wordpress/tag/tal-sampler/

It is simply useful to know that "Particular Sound" is another website from Frank:
http://www.particular-sound.de/wordpress/privacy-policy/
Lotuzia
KVRAF

9566 posts since 19 Feb, 2004, from Paris

Postby Lotuzia; Fri May 11, 2018 2:15 am Re: TAL Mod (v 1.1 out) - (Intro Price extended till 14th May)

Tastler wrote:Image

cheers

Nice, I can see that my presets are now included into TAL-Mod factory lib :)
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there
mholloway
KVRian

Postby mholloway; Fri May 11, 2018 7:55 am Re: TAL Mod (v 1.1.1 out) - (Intro Price extended till 14th May)

I feel like he should advertise the plugin with the 'real' default Light Blue skin... the one currently shown on the website's product page and the weird tanned-flesh images above are just nauseating, imo!
dreamvoid
KVRist

186 posts since 8 Jun, 2009

Postby dreamvoid; Fri May 11, 2018 10:20 am Re: TAL Mod (v 1.1.1 out) - (Intro Price extended till 14th May)

mholloway wrote:I feel like he should advertise the plugin with the 'real' default Light Blue skin... the one currently shown on the website's product page and the weird tanned-flesh images above are just nauseating, imo!

absolutely agree ... the colours of TAl MOD and TAL Sampler on the web page look awful to me. Or Patrick could make it as a gif running thru different colour schemes
Tastler
KVRer

Postby Tastler; Fri May 11, 2018 10:37 am Re: TAL Mod (v 1.1 out) - (Intro Price extended till 14th May)

Lotuzia wrote:
Tastler wrote:Image

cheers

Nice, I can see that my presets are now included into TAL-Mod factory lib :)

yep:D
perpetual3
KVRist

Postby perpetual3; Fri May 11, 2018 12:25 pm Re: TAL Mod (v 1.1.1 out) - (Intro Price extended till 14th May)

dreamvoid wrote:
mholloway wrote:I feel like he should advertise the plugin with the 'real' default Light Blue skin... the one currently shown on the website's product page and the weird tanned-flesh images above are just nauseating, imo!

absolutely agree ... the colours of TAl MOD and TAL Sampler on the web page look awful to me. Or Patrick could make it as a gif running thru different colour schemes

Absolutely.
braincandy
KVRer

3 posts since 26 Nov, 2006, from Houston, TX

Postby braincandy; Sun May 13, 2018 5:50 pm Re: TAL Mod (v 1.1.1 out) - (Intro Price extended till 14th May)

I already have the Arturia Arp 2600V, SEM V, and Moog ModularV. Would the Mod be redundant?
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments